It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rave: Fedor Vs Randy
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:54 AM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

Randy Couture quit the UFC. He walked away from his Heavyweight title, his next few fights, and Dana White as well as Zuffa, and why?

Because the UFC couldn't sign Fedor Emilianenko.

The UFC has a contract clause stating you cannot fight for any promotion not owned by Zuffa, and Fedor is really big into the Sambo tournaments in Russia. This is among the reasons that when the UFC aquired pride, they couldn't land a contract with Fedor. Once it was announced that he'd signed with someone else, Randy Couture resigned from the UFC, and in his letter stated that "At this point in my career it makes sense that I fight Fedor Emilianenko. If I cannot do that in the UFC, then I have to resign."

Hopefully soon they will have a fight between Randy and Fedor in M1. And hopefully after that Randy and/or Fedor will sign a one fight contract with the UFC to face Antionio Noguera.

This is a very good day for MMA fans everywhere. The prospect of a Randy Couture Fedor Emilianenko fight has been brewing for years, with each very highly regarded and highly ranked throughout the world.

Now, my personal opinion? Randy Couture is not ready for Fedor Emilianenko. I like Randy as a fighter, and from what I've seen of him ouside the cage, as a human being in general. I think he, and Fedor both, are truly nice guys, who are willing to put as much effort into helping people make it in MMA as they put toward succeeding themselves. I like both of them, think they are both amazing fighters, and think they have both made terrific champions.

I do not think Randy Couture can beat Fedor Emilianenko. I think fedor has far too vast and phenomenal of a scramble, and a ground game, for Randy Couture to keep fedor down. I also think that, in a standup war, Fedor can easily knock Couture out, while Randy, who is not a slouch when it comes to throwing leather by any means, doesn't have what it takes to knock Fedor out. I see randy as having to force this into a solely clinching match afgainst fedor to maybe get a decision victory. That is his only option, and is a slim one at best.

In my opinion, as great as both fighters are, Fedor is almost entirely too good for his own good. Though, if anyone can add a blemish to Fedor's record (not counting his only loss early in his career. That is vastl regarded as a fluke) it is Randy Couture.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Rave: Fedor Vs Randy
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:17 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
I watched an interview with Couture on ESPN yesterday and he said it was also a money issue. He said that he felt like he should be getting paid more from the UFC, and other young upstart fighters should be paid more as well. Dana White had a comment saying that Randy now had a Hollywood agent who was throwing bullshit ideas into his head, and now Randy was a part of that Hollywood lifestyle (Couture was filming a movie when he gave the interview). I also like Randy as a fighter, but as a 44 year old man, this move seems kind of weird (and I believe what White says). I think he'd get owned by Fedor, personally. Maybe we'll see for ourselves...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:48 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Well, in fairness, he's one of the most recognizable names in a FAST growing business. I'm a VERY casual fan of the sport, and could maybe come up with 2 or 3 names of fighters in the whole thing, off the top of my head, and he's the first that springs to mind. I would say that he has some bargaining power. Being as he's 44, that probably won't last all that long, so I can see why he'd use it before he loses it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:32 AM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

It's no shocker, and I hope they are able to fight soon, personally Fedor is over rated, in the last year Fedor has fought Mark Coleman, Matt Lindal, and Mark Hunt, which was really his only legitimate opponent. Yet, like every other fanboy I've been dying to see this match happen. God knows it would be better then Jackson / Liddell 2.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:21 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I like Randy and think he's an amazing fighter, athlete, with tremendous heart. But I think he made a big mistake walking away from the UFC. I also don't think he can win against Fedor. I know Fedor is hyped, but he's also 26-1. He's payed his dues for sure.

All that crap aside, I'd love to see it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:56 PM 
I am a Spaceman

Woohoo, some dudes fighting. Let's celebrate it because it is a rave.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:25 AM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

Droma wrote:
Woohoo, some dudes fighting. Let's celebrate it because it is a rave.

This was it? Really?

Droma, have you lost your touch? Honestly, just answer the question, because it's really sad to see you try so hard to be as funny as you used to be, and failing miserably.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:16 PM 
I am a Spaceman

That's great, just what I knew you would post. You should really stop being so predictable Uluth Gak, it is pathetic. Just another puppet dancing on my strings. You downloaded a gay 1.8MB gif of guys spinning on cars, would you have done that if not for my genius plan, no.

Do you think you even wanted to post this thread in the first place? Well, you didn't. I posted this thread through you, just so I could show you that you are a servant to my will. You are nothing but a lump of clay in my hands, and I can destroy you at my whim. You better be careful.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:37 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Droma wrote:
That's great, just what I knew you would post. You should really stop being so predictable Uluth Gak, it is pathetic. Just another puppet dancing on my strings. You downloaded a gay 1.8MB gif of guys spinning on cars, would you have done that if not for my genius plan, no.

Do you think you even wanted to post this thread in the first place? Well, you didn't. I posted this thread through you, just so I could show you that you are a servant to my will. You are nothing but a lump of clay in my hands, and I can destroy you at my whim. You better be careful.

DROMA THAT WAS PRETTY SAD OK THEY AREN'T EVEN IN JAPAN ANIMATION STYLE LIKE UR AVATAR BE CONSISTANT AND CONCISE WHEN YOU ARE DEALING WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:13 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
ghost ride the whi

Offline Profile