It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:46 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:17 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
How many of you are actually watching the Republican debates? I feel all of their candidates just fail overall, is there any that would put up a battle against Obama currently?

Example the recent debate where they were litterally pointing fingers at each other. Does this happen often? I honestly do not pay that much attention to the debates. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:20 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
If it were a debate between the two of them, Newt Gingrich would mop the floor with Obama.

But Newt will never be elected president.

The latest polls show that Herman Cain is leading Obama in a head to head matchup (45-42)

I think the nominee will be either Cain or Romney (and if Romney wins he could do well to have Cain as his VP)

I would vote for either of them over Obama.

I am ready for Bachmann, Huntsman, Paul, Santorum, and Perry to exit stage left.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:48 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Newt is undoubtedly the best prepared and most intelligent in a policy wonk kind of way; which appeals to the wonk in me.

Cain has done well but his 9-9-9 plan is getting enough scrutiny now that I think he'll fade rapidly unless he tweaks it.

Romney is and has always been the Republican Gore; big fail.

Perry is rightfully faded in the public's mind and his flat tax idea won't fly. If Forbes couldn't sell it (and he at least understood it) Perry can't, especially as Perry's version is more regressive than Forbes'.

Paul's supporters seem to be trying to push him towards a third party and I wouldn't be surprised if he went there. I think he'd pull alot of the young, disillusioned by Obama voters as well as some true constitutionalists; so both and neither party will be hurt.

Santorum has nothing going for him.

Bachmann is over, thank god.

Huntsman seems stuck on this one state candidacy strategy that I think is a losing one. While he does have the policies laid out nobody knows it and he doesn't present them well at all. I still think he'd be the smartest choice because he could pull in Independents and disaffected Democrats but he needs to switch strategies three months ago.

I really can't even begin to predict what will eventually happen in the nominating race. Republicans seem to be illogical and not focused enough on important stuff.

None of them are great debaters and it is showing. Although, alternatively the expectations game is currently a blowout...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:37 PM 

Ron Paul is pretty much a complete internet cliche at this point, but I still like him the most out of the bunch. He's much, much more thoughtful and thought-provoking than any of the other candidates. I'm just tired of candidates echoing the same lines I've heard thousands of times. Their lines just because slurred gibberish to me every time they speak. Yes, many of his idea are pretty far out there. No, he's not always pro-constitution, I don't care. Even so, shaking things up could potentially be the best thing that could happen to this country right now.

Cain is intriguing, but he's not very open-minded.

Offline Profile