It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:32 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:09 PM 
Can dish it but can't take it!

EQ1: Derfael - current on Tunare
WoW: Ska - Oryx (Lightbringer)
I've been holding off starting this thread until the lockout was over and since it seems that it is lets get things started. I hope we can run the league like we did last year. Overall I thought it was probably about the best year we've had. Please post here if you are returning for this season.

LEAGUE LINK: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/243513

Last edited by Neesha the Necro on Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:55 PM, edited 1 time in total.
added the league link

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:29 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
I'll be in again if we can agree on a draft on a week night or something when I can actually be there to pick my own team.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:56 PM 

Yeah, I'd personally prefer not doing it on Labor Day weekend.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:07 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
yeah, I'd like doing it on a week night (I'd like after 9:00pm cdt personally)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:39 AM 

We should also start hashing out any issues from last season that we need to resolve/adjust. Seems to me there was an issue with free agency?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:50 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I complained about people picking up players during games. The example I used was: star running back breaks leg during game while the fantasy owner of star running back is at the store picking up milk and cookies for the kids, backup comes in and runs for 600 yards, someone sees this and picks up backup immediately DURING THAT GAME, owner gets home and realizes he got screwed out of even a chance to pick up the backup, he murders his kids as a result (paraphrased, of course).

There were several posts where people pretty much all came to the same conclusion that we should NOT be able to pick up players once games started on Sunday (or if players were playing on a Thursday night, those guys were locked out and could not be picked up once the game started).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:52 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Found the original post I made. Click NEXT to see the responses...

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... ?msgid=117

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:56 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Looks like we also considered moving to an ESPN league due to those waiver rules we discussed. I'm fine doing that if that is what we decide.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:55 PM 
I schooled the old school.

I'm in, whatever we do. I didn't care about people picking up players during games, either, but again it doesnt' matter to me either way.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:39 PM 

I like the idea of moving to ESPN and I like locking a team after kickoff of the game

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:43 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

I'll play either way. I don't love the idea of moving to ESPN, because I have all my fantasy teams on Yahoo and it would just be another page to log in to. If it's significantly better though, go for it.

I don't care that much about picking up players, but it would be less to worry about if I couldn't watch the games on a given Sunday.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:47 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I'll play again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:48 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

EQ1: Xantheus
WoW: Xantheus
Got it set up basically. Sent e-mails to people who said they're in and I had their e-mail.

Flint, I need your e-mail to send an invite.

If you said you're in and didn't get an e-mail, let me know or send me a good e-mail address.

Have a look at the scoring and what not and let's discuss some draft dates.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:50 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Edit: Scratch that, back on Yahoo!

Last edited by Xantheus Diabolus on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:54 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:03 PM 

I was hoping to post again before we set up a league. I looked at both Yahoo and ESPNs today to compare waiver systems and scoring. Basically there is no difference in how the waiver systems work between the two, with both offering the same options on how to set waiver system. Our issue last year was the subject of waivers was brought up mid-season and not at the start, and it was agreed not to make a mid-season change.

I would propose for waivers, regardless of which service we use, be as follows:

(From Yahoo)
Sunday - Tuesday:

With this setting, all unowned players are placed on waivers at 10:00 AM PT each Sunday. All unowned players will clear Waivers (Pacific Time) midnight on Tuesday. Waivers will then be processed between four and eight hours later at which point they will show on your roster.

Additionally, dropped players will follow the waiver period set up in the league.

Waiver Priority:

Weekly rolling list based on standings: Waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings, and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list.

This would lock everything but Thursday games, which I don't think ESPN does either. It gives the worst teams first crack at players each week and the best chance at improving.

I have other issues with going to ESPN. We would lose the long term history of the league that Yahoo includes. ESPN does not match our scoring system 100% with the biggest issues being the 150 yd bonuses for rushing and receiving which would have to be either lowered to 100 yd or raised to 200 yd.

I would also like to see a few minor adjustments with our scoring system. A thrown INT and a lost fumble should be -2 instead of -1. This would reflect the same positive value assigned to them defensively. I would also like to see an adjustment in the rushing and receiving yard bonuses (which could only be done with Yahoo). Instead of a 5pts bonus at the 150 yd mark, how about 2pts at 100 yd and then 3pts at 150 yd. It would be the same total bonus if they hit 150 yd, and it would reward what is normally considered a milestone of breaking 100 yd during a game.

Last edited by Derfeld on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:28 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:24 PM 

ESPN Waivers

WAIVERS OVERVIEW
Waivers are the process by which owners can select from the pool of available players who are not on a team's roster in the league. Owners can put a claim in for a player, but must wait a specified amount of time until the waiver clears. The team wins any pending waiver claim will receive the player when waivers clear. All available players not on Waivers are considered Free Agents ("FA") and can be added at anytime. In custom leagues there are three types of waivers settings (player acquisition systems):

Waivers: This is the traditional waivers system and is the default setting. All unowned players will be set as 'On Waivers' immediately after the draft, each week of play or if dropped from another team's roster. Players on waivers will remain so for a set period of time (1-4 days), during which all teams will have the opportunity to make a claim on any player. When the waiver period expires (which usually takes place around 4AM ET), the player will be awarded to the team with the highest waiver priority that made a claim, and that team will move to the end of the waiver order. This process continues until all players with claims on them process. At this time all players not added via waivers become free agents which can be claimed by any team on a first-come, first-served basis.

Lineup Changes

This option sets when team lineups lock each week. This applies to moving players between active slots or between active slots and bench slots.

If a Lock Individually at Scheduled Gametime is selected team owners can make moves to their weekly rosters until the scheduled kickoff time of the player's game in each individual roster slot.

If a Lock at First Game of Week is selected, all roster moves will lock at the first game of the week, even if the first game falls on a Thursday.

Waiver Order System

The waiver order determines which team has the first chance to claim a player off waivers.

The default setting is 'Resets each week...' and if selected the team in last place will be reset to first in the waiver order each week during the season.

If 'Move to last after claim...' is selected, the waiver order does not reset on a weekly basis.

Note: Regardless of which option is selected, after a team makes a waiver selection that team is shifted to the final waiver position. This setting can be changed at any time during the season.

Yahoo Waivers

The following Weekly Waiver options are available through the Commish Tools under the Edit League Settings option using the Weekly Waiver drop down menu:

First Game of the Week - Tuesday:

With this setting, all unowned players are placed on waivers at the scheduled kickoff time of the first game of the week. Please keep in mind on weeks with Thursday games this will prevent managers from adding players on Friday and Saturday as they will be locked on waivers.

Sunday - Tuesday:

With this setting, all unowned players are placed on waivers at 10:00 AM PT each Sunday. All unowned players will clear Waivers (Pacific Time) midnight on Tuesday. Waivers will then be processed between four and eight hours later at which point they will show on your roster.

Additionally, dropped players will follow the waiver period set up in the league.

If you place a player on waivers, he is dropped from your team. If you wish to reclaim him, you will have to wait for him to clear waivers.

If a manager puts in a claim for a player that is dropped prior to the Weekly Waivers going into effect, the waiver claim will process following the waiver period that was currently in place regardless of the weekly waiver rule. If managers do not place claims on dropped players whose waiver period clears during weekly waivers, they will stay on waivers through Tuesday do to the weekly waiver rule.

Note: This waiver period also applies to all new players added to the game during the season.

For all waivers, if more than one team claims the same player, the team that is highest on the priority list is given the rights to the player. The priority list is initially set based on the reverse of the draft order.

While Public Leagues use a "Continual rolling list" to determine waiver priority, the following waiver options are available in Custom Leagues:

Continual rolling list w/ FAAB or without: Waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order, and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list.
Reverse order of standings w/ FAAB or without: Waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings, and successful claims do not affect waiver priority list.
Weekly rolling list based on standings w/ FAAB or without: Waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings, and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:28 PM 

After re-reading ESPNs waiver rules, it's not clear to me if Free Agents are reset to waivers after Sunday like Yahoo does or if they would remain free agents. If they remain free agents, then it would be basically the same system we had last year where a player only went to waivers after being dropped. This would still allow people to snap up free agents before needier teams.

Also, both services offer Free Agent Acquisition Budgets which might be something to look at or it just may add an additionally layer of clutter to the process.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:55 AM 

from my experience with ESPN, all FA players are put on waivers after their game kicks off.

FAAB is great if you are running an auction league with set budgets. Since we are a draft league, it really wouldn't work.

As for the ESPN vs Yahoo, to me it is six of one half a dozen of the other. I do like ESPN's draft tools and features. Losing the history would not be good.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:16 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

We can go back to yahoo if everyone agrees. That one is easy just one click to reup.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:12 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Yahoo is fine, assuming there is a way to 'lock out' players who have played or are playing during a week.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:06 PM 

Quote:
Yahoo is fine, assuming there is a way to 'lock out' players who have played or are playing during a week.

Neesha did you ready my previous posts?

Quote:
(From Yahoo)
Sunday - Tuesday:

Under this waiver setting all players would be placed on waivers once the games start on Sunday and have to pass through waivers Tuesday before being added to anyone's team. The exception would be Thursday and Saturday games where it would be possible to add a free agent immediately. But this only effects 10 games out of the entire NFL schedule we use.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:08 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Ah, must have missed that. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:51 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Waivers set to first game of the week until tuesday.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:10 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Xantheus Diabolus wrote:
Got it set up basically. Sent e-mails to people who said they're in and I had their e-mail.

Flint, I need your e-mail to send an invite.

If you said you're in and didn't get an e-mail, let me know or send me a good e-mail address.

Have a look at the scoring and what not and let's discuss some draft dates.

Thanks Xantheus...I got my invite and I'm in.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:17 PM 

I'm in. Power Rush looking to continue to improve.

I assume that we are doing the same cash game as last year?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:41 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

I'm in for same cash as last year. We can discuss some scoring changes if we all agree and we'll come up with a draft date.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:38 PM 

Just a suggestion as for prizes. If teams want to participate we could all contribute $1.00 per week for the regular season ($13 extra) and the team with the highest score each week would get a payout of $1x#teams participating.

For example, last year we had 14 teams. That would have been a $14 prize each week. Also, using last year's results, here is who would have won the weekly prizes:
Week 1 - Java4Blood
Week 2 - Zat's Wizards
Week 3 - Smashing Melons
Week 4 - Belzeks Bombers
Week 5 - Krby's Power Rush
Week 6 - Derf's Angry Rangers
Week 7 - Xan's Pilots
Week 8 - Krby's Power Rush
Week 9 - Bards
Week 10 - Friblets
Week 11 - Krby's Power Rush
Week 12 - Surcam's Stances
Week 13 - Neesha's Nerds

We had 11 different teams win each week with just two teams have multiple wins.

Just a thought to make each week mean more.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:08 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Seems like a pain in the ass to have the money holder dish out that many small amounts. I'd rather just pay out 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place, personally.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:32 AM 

I did something similar to what Krby is suggesting back when I ran my money league. In addition to the league membership fee, we had a fee to make a free agent/waiver move or trades. We added half of the total weekly fees collected to the end of the year pot and the remainder was awarded to the that weeks highest scorer. The one draw back was that some weeks had bigger pots than others. If we were to do something like that, putting the weekly revenue into a separate pot then divided at the end amongst the weekly winners.

But that was a lot easier to deal with when most of the people in the league worked in the same building and you could collect from them. To do it here, think you would have to track everything then settle up at the end of the year. I'd suggest to kind of insure no one would renig on their obligations at the end of the year, each owner would have to put up a "deposit" along with their league fee at the start of the year.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:48 PM 

I'm in!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:49 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

As much of a pain in the ass it was just to get people to send in their 20 bucks, I'd rather not complicate it further.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:22 PM 

gotcha

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:27 PM 
Noob
Noob

I am in, if there is still room :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:51 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Didn't you play last year? It should have sent you an invite. If it didn't for some reason the password is lanys

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:46 PM 
Noob
Noob

Yeah, played last year. Got this message when clicking on link

You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:22 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Check your Yahoo email for the invite link?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:38 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Neesha the Necro wrote:
Seems like a pain in the ass to have the money holder dish out that many small amounts. I'd rather just pay out 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place, personally.

x2

Hey, why can't we multi-quote on this board?! (I mean a little multi-quote button for the lazy folks) :D

Come one Cak!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:37 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

So does everyone agree with first game of the week until Tuesday for waivers or should we change it to Sunday through Tuesday in case someone gets injured between Thursday and Sunday and just rely on people not being douchebags about picking up the Thursday game guys?

If we don't get more people I'm not going to know what to do with myself. I've never participated in a draft where the talent was actually more available.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:05 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Who are we missing from last year?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:19 AM 

not (yet?) in the league from last year:
Surcam's Stances
Belzeks Bombers
Bards
Saints R the Champs!

We are at the base 10. I'd like to have at least 12

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:41 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Yeh, 10 team leagues suck ass.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:53 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Sent e-mails again and sent Surcam private messages here and on Facebook.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:38 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

I'm in

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:23 AM 

SurcamStances wrote:
I'm in

about damn time :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:53 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

If we need another (which we do), I have an old Lanys person (Shurakair, he was a Druid) who says he'll play.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:29 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Bring him in Neesha, I don't see those other guys showing up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:09 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Can you send a league invite to him? Shurakair at yahoo dot blah blah blah?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:54 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Sent.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:42 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

We're at 12. Unless 2 more of the old guys show up, we're set.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:07 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

I've got two guys at work interested if we want 14, but I'll leave that call to you guys.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:05 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I like 12.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:00 AM 

I posted on the league board but will add it here. Would prefer to stick with people from Lanys and keep the number of teams at 14 max. I am playing EQ again as my game of choice. I know several people from Lanys that are playing and one for certain is into FF. Let em ask them this weekend and I'll let you guys know Sunday night.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:12 AM 

Xantheus Diabolus wrote:
So does everyone agree with first game of the week until Tuesday for waivers or should we change it to Sunday through Tuesday in case someone gets injured between Thursday and Sunday and just rely on people not being douchebags about picking up the Thursday game guys?

If we don't get more people I'm not going to know what to do with myself. I've never participated in a draft where the talent was actually more available.

I'd rather it be Sunday through Tuesday. There are only 8 Thursday games (3 of which are Thanksgiving day) that fall during our season regular season of weeks 1-13. I like being able to at least make moves up till the start of the Sunday games. We could all agree players from a Thursday game are off-limits till the next waiver cycle.

One other thing to discuss about waivers, do we want it to reset each week so the team with the worst record always gets first shot or leave as it is?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:16 PM 

Derfeld wrote:
One other thing to discuss about waivers, do we want it to reset each week so the team with the worst record always gets first shot or leave as it is?

I'd like for it to reset each week with the team having the worst record gets first shot.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:06 PM 

For the number of teams, I prefer 14 over 12.

As for the waivers, I prefer it resetting each week to the worst record.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:31 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Quote:
I posted on the league board but will add it here. Would prefer to stick with people from Lanys and keep the number of teams at 14 max. I am playing EQ again as my game of choice. I know several people from Lanys that are playing and one for certain is into FF. Let em ask them this weekend and I'll let you guys know Sunday night.

I'm confused how two people you know and no one else does is different from two guys I know and no one else does. It's not like the Lanys of today is anywhere near the same server we all played on.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:59 PM 

How many do you need?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:04 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

I have two that are waiting on word from me and Derf knows some people who play EQ. We're good on numbers depending on what we decide on this.

If you only get one Derf let me know.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:28 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Jox,

I have one if you want in again this year. Need to know ASAP.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:36 PM 

How do I pay? I can't remember what we did last year and I'm not finding it here.

Offline Profile