It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:54 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:22 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
So did everyone in the arena. The crowd hadn't stopped celebrating after the Stars goal to tie it before they gave up the next goal.

It was WOOHOO!!! OT!!! WE GOT A POINT!!! WOOho, what? shit crickets.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:36 PM 

Stars go 2-2-1 over last five and fall from 4th to 9th (went from 7th to 9th with the SO loss to Philly on Sat and Sundays action).

Good news it that the Stars are tied with the Ducks for 8th, one point out of 5th, and play the Ducks at home on Wednesday (then start a five game roadie: @Pred, @Coyotes, @Sharks, @Kings, @Ducks).

The Stars ad campaign is totally right March IS the Playoffs!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:15 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yes it is man, and the Kings have dropped from 4th to 6th since last thursday. I know the return home playing against the Blues was not going to be pretty :(

STL always has LA's number for some reason. And then the Ducks OTL was pure BS with a bad call, and the goal was called back sigh. If that did not happen, the Kings would had won the game...without going to OT.

Who does the Kings play tonight?!?! The Flames WHO also has LA's number too. It's going to be a tough game, and I'm not sure if the Kings will win and take home the two points. No matter, I will be there like always supporting my team!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:30 AM 

Going to the Duck Hunt tonight :)

Stars NEED to win this one outright. Need to push Ana into 9th

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:28 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Oh you will be in Anahiem man? Very cool indeed, and I agree I want Dallas to WIN the game tonight at all costs!!! I don't want Anaheim in the playoffs because they are not that good of a team.

I will be watching the Wings vs Casucks on Versus as well :)

There should be some very good hockey tonight I'm thinking.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:17 PM 

No Anaheim visiting Dallas.

The Stars had the game won for 59:50.... then lost in OT.

Lots of HUGE hits, guys were going crazy, but you CAN'T let Selanne alone with five seconds left in the game. Stars snatch another defeat from the jaws of victory.

I have been to two games and each time there was a moment of "what the hell?" like the Stars just forgot that they were playing hockey. I almost don't think that they will make the playoffs.

The Stars REALLY need Adam Burish back. He is the glue that keeps the team together. They have one win since he got hurt on the 11th. (when he was hurt earlier, Feb 5 - 22 the team was 1-6-1 while he was out, but that was with a few others out too)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:48 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I was soo pissed off that the Ducks won last night man!!!! Sick and tired of that pos team being rewarded. I'm soo used to the Ducks being at home because the team NEVER seems to play road games LOL.

Yeah tough lose, but at least Dallas got a point tho.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:52 AM 

we needed two.

I am still pissed about that game.

the Stars were on a PP with less than 3:00 left in the game (about 1:00 on the PP). There is a shot that is wide and Brendan tries to go to the boards to get it. The Ducks' goalie exits the crease, trips Brendan, the goalie and Brendan fall and Brendan is called for the penalty.

All night the refs are missing crap left and right, then at a crucial juncture of the game they call that!

I know, it isn't the ref's fault that Selanne was left all alone with :05.4 left in the game. These little brain farts are becoming more common for these Stars. After they scored to take a 2-1 lead somehow a duck got behind the D and they tied it up 0:09 seconds later. It was another of those situations where the crowd hasn't finished cheering for the Stars goal and they give one up.

I will say, during the last 10:00 the AAC was rocking! (well at least until 0:05.2)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:29 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

"The Ducks' goalie exits the crease, trips Brendan, the goalie and Brendan fall and Brendan is called for the penalty"

LMAO way to go you pos trash Anaheim team!!! I hate the way the Fucks play and that prick Perry (he does cheap ass shit like this all the time). Man I CAN NOT stand his ass!!!!!!!!!!! And when he was cheering with his goal last I wanted to hit him in the face lol

Man, I'm not a Dallas fan and I walked out of the room after the Ducks won the game. Pissed me off like no tomorrow. Btw, Anaheim fans suck as much as their team ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:45 PM 

stupid Stars. Their PP has KILLED them. They have fallen to 10th now and I don't see them gaining ground. They can't score with a man advantage. They were something like 10 of their last 100 PP. You can't expect to win hockey games when you can't score with a man advantage. IIRC they almost have as many shorties as they do PP goals in the past month. It isn't that they have a bunch of shorties, it is that they have so few PP goals.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:29 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Tough lose for the Stars today, krby :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:04 PM 

I heard one commentator say "the Stars playoff chances died on the goal from Selanne" and I have to agree with them. They have not played worth a crap (ok, so the one game @ Phoenix where they totally outplayed them but still lost in OT) since then. Going 2-5-3 over the last 10 is not a playoff team. It sucks too, because this team had some good things going. Now it will be an off-season of ??? - Who will the new owner be? When will there be a new owner? What will Richards do? If there is a new owner, will they spend some money on players?

The sad thing is that there has been ZERO news about improvement in the ownership situation. My friends, who have the season tickets, are among the great many who are seriously questioning re-upping for next season if there is no improvement in the ownership. A bankrupt Hicks Sports Group (the same company that owned the Texas Rangers) can not continue to mismanage the Stars. If they do, none of the team's FA's will sign (Richards, Jamie Langenbrunner, Karlis Skrastins, Brad Lukowich).
If there is no ownership change soon, it could damage the franchise for a long time (possibly cost its survivability in the Dallas market)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:38 PM 

4-3 Regulation win over the Ducks. Is it too little too late?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:00 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Man I was SOOO happy the Ducks lost tonight and man what a game it was. The last few mins were insane indeed. One of the many reasons why I love the sport of hockey soo much.

You know, the Ducks might not make the playoffs /grin I think San Jose will win on Wed, and LA can take care of business this Friday and Sat with back-to-back games against the pos Ducks!

NOTHING would make me happier than seeing Perry cry his ass off as the Kings win to keep his team OUT of the playoffs!!! I tell you the Honda Center and Staples Center will be out of control if it happens haha

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:09 PM 

Calgary has 91 points and two games left (vs Edmonton and vs Vancouver). The best they can do is 95 points. If I had to wager, I'd say they end the season with 93 points.

Dallas has 89 points and four games left (vs Columbus, vs Colorado, @ Colorado and @ Minnesota) NONE of those teams are in the playoff hunt.

The Ducks are sitting in 7th with 93 points and have three left (vs San Jose, vs and then @ LA). It would be nice for them to go pointless over those three. If they finish at 93 points, the Stars would need to go no worse than 1-0-3 to get a spot

Chicago is in the 8th spot with 92 points. They also have four games left (@Montreal, vs St. Louis, then a road/home against Detroit). They could very easily get 4-5 points from that stretch putting them with 96-97 points.

I still think Dallas needs at least two wins and no regulation losses to make the playoffs. If they have a single zero pointer over the next four, put a fork in them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:34 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Krby, when was the last time the Western Conference was still a big race in the last week of the season?!?! It's hard core I tell ya haha

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:25 PM 

yeah, great season for me to really get into Hockey :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:14 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Well LA failed tonight and helped the Sharks clitch the Pacific Division for the 5th season in a row. Yeah, I don't want to play them in the first round I tell ya haha. They are a good team like always

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:23 AM 

If (and it is still a BIG IF) the Stars make the playoffs they will play Vancouver in the first round. The Canucks have WTFPWND the Stars this year. (Vancouver is 4-0 and have outscored the Stars 20-5 in those match ups)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:51 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Dallas lives another day! Huge win for the Stars tonight

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:25 AM 

they have a faint pulse. Need (really big need) the Sharks to not give the Ducks any points tomorrow. Would be doubly nice if Chicago wouldn't get any points vs St. Louis, but that isn't likely.

What sucks is that I had a last moment offer to go to the game. I didn't get to go because I had to go to an incoming freshman band parent's meeting that started the same time as the opening face-off.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:38 AM 

wow, look at the standings as they were on March 10th:
1. Vancouver 95 pts
2. Detroit 86 pts
3. San Jose 84 pts
4. Chicago 81 pts
5. Calgary 81 pts
6. Dallas 80 pts
7. LA Kings 79 pts
8. Phoenix 79 pts
-----
9. Minnesota 77 pts
10. Anaheim 77 pts
11. Nashville 76 pts

And the current standings:
1. Vancouver 113 pts (+18 points, same position)
2. San Jose 103 pts (+19 points, +1 position)
3. Detroit 102 pts (+16 points, -1 position)
4. Nashville 97 pts (+21 points, +7 positions)
5. Phoenix 96 pts (+17 points, +3 positions)
6. LA Kings 96 pts (+17 points, +1 position)
7. Anaheim 93 pts (+16 points, +3 positions)
8. Chicago 93 pts (+12 points, -4 positions)
-----
9. Dallas 91 pts (+11 points, -3 positions)
10. Calgary 91 pts (+10 points, -5 positions)

Nashville made a huge leap (I kinda saw that happening) while Chicago, Dallas and Calgary haven't kept up the pace

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:31 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yeah man the standings have been insane this season haha Tonight is a HUGE HUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGEEEEEE game for both the Kings and Coyotes!!! First, either team will clitch a playoffs berth, and have home ice...or will keep falling in the standings.

Both teams will make the playoffs I'm sure, but I don't want to face San Jose, Vancouver or the Red Wings in the first round haha. Well the Red Wings would not be soo bad for LA tho. The Kings have had their number for the last few years or so.

Then again, the playoffs are way different from the normal season lol Anything can happen man.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:59 PM 

so the Ducks and Hawks BOTH win... Looks like Dallas must win out if they are going to make the playoffs. Thursday night is the the next elimination challenge. The Avs have owned Dallas in the past (and are up 2-0 this season). I am not holding my breath.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:21 PM 

Stars still with a faint pulse... beat Avs 4-2 yesterday (and play again tonight).

Oh, and now that we are a couple months past the Goligoski trade, I like him. He is all over the place. Our penalty kill has been great with him on it and he seems to be mixing with the team. You hear his name just about every shift that he is on, for doing something positive.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:29 PM 

well it is down to game 82. If Chicago gets a point vs Detroit on Sunday (Chicago won 4-2 tonight) then they are the 8. If they lose in regulation AND Dallas wins in regulation at Minnesota Sunday then the Stars are the 8.

Stupid Kings.

Chances of the Stars making the playoffs: 1%

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:13 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Well the Hawks lost today man! All the Stars need to do now is win the game and the WHOLE Pacific Division will be in the playoffs!!! HUGE game for Dallas today that is for sure.

The Kings will face the Sharks in the first round! I really wanted them in the first place to tell you the truth. It will be the first time these teams have meant in the playoffs and it will help to build a real rivalry between them too!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:45 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Wow what a game today, krby! We came soo close for the whole Pacific Divsion to be in the playoffs :(

What a season and it has come to an end. It went by soo fast tho, and I will miss hockey big time. At least the playoffs will be around for a while. Interesting, Hawks vs Canucks...that should be a very hard core series indeed.

Also, Kings vs Sharks wow that won't be one to miss too! I hope Nashville EATS the Ducks alive in the first round!!!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:37 PM 

Man, they looked like all they had to do was lace'em up and they had it won. I don't know if the Wild just went crazy to keep the old North Stars out of the playoffs or the Stars just played like crap (looked like they just played like crap). They had their golden ticket right there but failed to grab it.

Now the hunt for a new owner takes center ice in Dallas. I hope there is movement here soon or this team will be damaged for a long time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:12 AM 

OK, lets get to NHL Playoff projections:

Eastern Conference:
#1 Washington Capitals vs #8 NY Rangers
#2 Philadelphia Flyers vs #7 Buffalo Sabres
#3 Boston Bruins vs #6 Montreal Canadiens
#4 Pittsburgh Penguins vs #5 Tampa Bay Lightning

Western Conference
#1 Vancouver Canucks vs #8 Chicago Blackhawks
#2 San Jose Sharks vs #7 LA Kings
#3 Detroit Red Wings vs #6 Phoenix Coyotes
#4 Anaheim Ducks vs #5 Nashville Predators

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:20 AM 

My picks:
Eastern Conference:
#1 Washington Capitals
#7 Buffalo Sabres
#3 Boston Bruins
#5 Tampa Bay Lightning

Western Conference
#1 Vancouver Canucks
#2 San Jose Sharks
#3 Detroit Red Wings
#4 Anaheim Ducks

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:56 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

My picks for the first round winners are:

Eastern Conference:

#1 Washington Capitals
#2 Philadelphia Flyers
#3 Boston Bruins
#5 Tampa Bay Lightning

Western Conference:

#1 Vancouver Canucks
#2 San Jose Sharks
#5 Nashville Predators
#6 Phoenix Coyotes

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:25 AM 

up 4-0 in the 2nd and lose? Sucks to be a Kings fan...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:18 PM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

Glad we got our miserable "forgot to play hockey" game out of the way after we were up 3-0 in this series...

Can't believe the Kings blew that 4-0 lead the other night too. I am praying they somehow come out on top of the Sharks, I'd be more than happy to play them in the 2nd round, much more so than Anaheim or Nashville haha.

Eastern conference matchups have been much more interesting than the west imo.. Pretty good chance that seeds 1-3 come out on top in the west, and the 4/5 matchup is anyones I guess, basically 50/50 at this point.

In the East, Washington's still havin a tough time with NYR, Philly's got their hands full with Buffalo, Boston's looked scared of Montreal, and Tampa/Pitts is basically a wash as well. Could be upset central over there.

Mind you, in my opinion, the real stanley cup finals is the western conference championship. If SJS and Det come through their rounds, it's gonna be those two in the 2nd round... Pretty tough matchup that would be. Should my Canucks make it out of the 2nd, either of those teams will be the first real test. Just hope they beat the shit out of each other during a grueling 7 game series so that they've got nothin left in the tank come 3rd round haha.

Good playoffs overall so far though for sure. Just feel a little bad about Phoenix - could be the last game in Phoenix ever for the NHL tonight.

--Dar

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:00 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Wow what a game tonight for the Hawks!!! I think Vancouver is done and won't bounce back from a 3-0 lead to allowing CHI to tie the series.

And, the Sucks are OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS where they belong! I was soo tired about hearing how good they were from all the so called "experts", and gratz to Nashville for winning their first ever playoffs series too :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:52 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

The Kings are out of the race. It was a great game tonight, and I'm proud of what the team has done this season. I can't wait to see the changes in the offseason, and have Kopitar back on the ice as well. He was missed BIG time these playoff games like no tomorrow.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:56 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Quote:
Western Conference:

#1 Vancouver Canucks
#2 San Jose Sharks
#5 Nashville Predators
#6 Phoenix Coyotes

My picks above and I was wrong with Phoenix. 3 out of 4 is not bad tho! The Eastern Conference is still not finished, but what a game in Vancouver tonight!!! I have major respect for the Blackhawks...they never gave up, and what a series it was wow.

Now, the Casucks are going to be tired and I think Nashville will give them a hard time...more than most folks are thinking right now. I will have my round two picks once all the series are done with.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:28 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Quote:
Eastern Conference:

#1 Washington Capitals
#2 Philadelphia Flyers
#3 Boston Bruins
#5 Tampa Bay Lightning

I called the Eastern Conference perfect. Now onto round 2, and here are my picks for the winners:

Eastern Conference:

1. Capitals
2. Flyers

Western Conference:

1. Canucks
2. Red Wings

I can see TB winning, but I'm going with Washington tho. Same with Nashville, I think Vancouver is beat and tired so it won't be an easy series to win at all. We will see in a few weeks what happens!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:59 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Well my Eastern picks were way off, and we have TB and Boston waiting for round 3 to start. The Casucks won tonight, and now we only have one more series left in round 2. Who will win, the Sharks or the Wings?

I'm hoping the Red Wings, but I would not mind seeing the Sharks rape Vancouver tho!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:20 AM 

I just don't see this Detroit team coming back vs the Sharks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:26 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yeah I have to agree with you, krby71. I think the series might make a game 7 tho. We will see later on tonight.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:44 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Flyers ARE bitches. =/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:30 PM 

wow, the Red Army won't die... series tied 3-3. The San Jose pucker factor has gone up several notches.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:32 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yep and what a game for the Wings too. They wtf owned the Sharks all of the third, and a good amount of the game too! Now, game 7 will be epic indeed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:09 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
Sporting my Wings sweater. I have a good feeling about this

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:09 AM 

and Detroit loses, finally.

San Jose vs Vancouver for the west finals. I think that Vancouver will be playing for the Cup against Tampa Bay (talk about a ratings loser...)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:57 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yeah San Jose vs Vancouver will be a very good series! I'm with you krby...I don't think San Jose will win the series.

Here are my picks for round 3:

Eastern Conference:

Tampa Bay

Western Conference:

Vancouver

I do think TB will not have an easy time with Boston, and Tim Thomas might be able to carry the Bruins to a series win tho. We will see in the near future! No matter what, it will be for some awesome hockey haha

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:53 AM 

I think that the conference finals will be better games than the Cup finals.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:37 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I think I agree man haha both series will be insane that is for sure

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:19 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Canucks won tonight and it was a very good game I thought! Bring game two of the TB and Bruins series please :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:56 AM 

Canucks in the cup final. Game last night was not bad. Game winning shot was WTF?

I look for Boston to close out their series in their next game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:35 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Damn I really don't see anyone beating Vancouver in the Cup final man. Then again, you never know but it looks like the Casucks will get their first title soon enough.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:32 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

The Sharks are done, and TB forces a game 7 tonight. The next game is going to be pretty epic indeed :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:28 PM 

TB or Boston don't look like they could beat Vancouver right now. It seems like Luongo is waking up (he hasn't been huge really this playoffs). If he gets rolling Vancouver might just sweep the cup back to Canada.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:13 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Game 1 of the Cup Final is tonight! It should be a good game, and in other news. The Thrashers are moving to Winnipeg for next season. I hear that the Canucks might be moved to the Pacific Division, and Dallas will take Vancouver's place in their division etc.

It's not official, but I rather keep Vancouver out of the Pacific Division!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:05 PM 

they are not going to do any realignment until the Phoenix situation is settled. There is talk that Phoenix may be moved to Quebec.

However, moving Dallas back to the Central would be a HUGE help to the team. There were rivalries with Chicago, St. Louis, Minnesota and Detroit that seemed to have the fans interest much more than the current situation with the Cali teams...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:15 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I think the Coyotes might be moving to KC instead of a Canadian city. KC has been wanting an NHL team forever man. What do you think? Or will the Yotes stay in Phoenix going forward?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:40 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Haha Bruins are the Stanley Cup Champions!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:44 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

/bump I updated the title for the new season starting in the near future. I'll post some stuff this weekend. Go King Go!!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:21 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Haha The Kings got a very nice win today, and seeing the Sucks lose makes me a very happy camper! Also, Dallas won beating the Blackhawks.

Interesting stuff I tell ya. I watched the Canucks lose in a good game last night. Yeah they are going to be a good team again this season I'm thinking.

Hockey is back!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next