It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:18 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:07 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Flyers, bitches.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:12 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

The Flyers are a very good team. Oh, and Dallas takes the lead in the West lol These guys won't quit will they

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:53 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
They just beat the snot of the Habs last night. Maybe with the Cowboys sucking makes all other major Dallas teams do good (Rangers in the WS, Mavs are the 2nd best team in the NBA, and the Stars are leading the west). I'd take that trade any season.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:32 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Haha not a Cowboys fan I see ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:27 PM 

uh, nope. Been a Steeler fan since I was a young lad just finding out how great football is (that was back in the 70's)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:55 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Oh very cool man. The Stars next game is against the Flames! It should be a win for Dallas and I can't stand the Flames so I don't want them winning anyway.

The Kings have a very tough set of games coming up. It will be a big test for the team, and where LA will be in the standings afterward.

Coming up are the Oilers, Ducks, Sharks, Coyotes and then the Flyers to finish the month of Dec. It won't be easy for the Kings, but I believe the Oilers and Ducks will be wins unless LA plays like shit.

Sharks should be interesting and a win I think. As for Phoenix they always have our number lol. The Flyers can be a win tho. The Kings just need to FOCUS and play great hockey to bring in the points.

Can't wait to see what happens myself :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:14 AM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

Nice blow-out win in Columbus after a nailbiter OT loss in Detroit the night before. Columbus's coach actually apologized to the fans in the post-game presser haha.

Anyway, Canucks have the highest points per game average in the western conference (tied with the Flyers for 1st overall in the NHL in ppg)... Long as we keep winning the games in hand, it should make for a tight top end of the western conference. Hope they don't cool off over Xmas break... Canucks always fail when they lose momentum, so I'm bracing for an epic losing streak to bring them back to earth.

No matter, as long as they do better than Calgary, I'm always happy... and doing better than Calgary ain't too hard these days. :)

And yeah, I live in Vancouver. Olympics were epic. :)

--Dar

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:25 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Blah this sucks for me because I will be in downtown LA for the Kings game! I really wanted to watch the Winter Classic 2010 live tomorrow :(

League changes Winter Classic start time to 8 ET Saturday

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:15 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

krby Dallas has lost 4 in a row, and the Kings have not made much ground the last two as well. It's amazing really...the Kings got owned by the Flyers, and the Ducks own them go figure lol.

Oh, and look what the Thrashers do to get people into the stands!

Video: Thrashers fans married during game; Ice Girls get bouquet

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:33 PM 

yeah, Stars are struggling right now. Were up 3-1 vs the Red Army at home then lose 7-3... ouch.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:50 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Well the Kings have lost three in a row :( And now LA faces the Blackhawks on Monday. They have won the last three games, so the Hawks are going for the sweep I'm thinking.

Tonight was a goalie battle, and Quick lost giving up just one goal. The first two periods the Kings were out playing the Sharks, but in the third...sloppy sloppy passing and defense mistakes cost the game

Sigh, and we are soo close to Dallas too. I'm not sure what will happen on Monday, but it will be a very tough game for the Kings to win, and they MUST stop the loses and start getting more points.

No matter, I did enjoy the game tonight even tho the third period was a big let down...sloppy hockey and stuff.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:07 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Damn a Kings win AT LAST!!!! We owned and controlled the game tonight, but Quick had other plans for the Jackets...giving up 3 goals himself! LOL

Man, at least it was an action packed game tonight at Staples Center. I had a blast with my friends and with other fans. The best thing I even did was buy these season tickets :)

I love hockey what can I say. I can't believe Dallas has 53 points but the division is still not in their back pocket just yet tho. Some very good games of hockey tonight that is for sure. Tomorrow I'll be watching the Sharks vs Sucks game. I want San Jose to win over Anaheim. I can't stand watching the Ducks win games.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:06 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Flyers bitches.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:20 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

The Flyers are doing very well, Elessar. But can they make it to the final and win the cup is the real question yet to be answered ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:45 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Haha the last time Dallas beat the Kings at home was 2007. A very good game of hockey tonight, and if not for the dumb PP's, the Kings could had won 1-0 I'm thinking!

It sucks not being rewarded for a well played game, but the Stars have a killer PP that is for sure...ouch

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:08 AM 

They are top 10 in PP now. That is a HUGE change from last year, when the Stars special teams were at the bottom of the league.

There is a different atmosphere with this team. A week or so ago they were playing a home game vs the "wreck of the Edmonton fits-Oilers" and were playing a bad, bad game, (outshot something crazy like 2-1, and I think it was the back end of a road-home back to back) but they won the game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:14 AM 

Canucks tied with the Flyers after leading the league for the last couple weeks. That's what a shitty road trip will do for you I guess.

Surprised to see LA so far down in the standings, especially since they have a semi respectable goals for/against differential. None the less, I think the league is shaping up with contenders vs pretenders already... Of course, there seems to be a cinderella run once a year coming outta the eastern conference, so watch out for them Thrashers! lol

Bring on the Sharks Thursday!

--Dar

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:43 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yeah LA is having a lot of troubles winning right now. They still have a chance to make the playoffs, but the next 3 to 4 games will be hardcore tho. Phoenix always has the Kings number, and LA faces them on Thursday AND Sat haha I'll be in AZ for the weekend to see the Kings on the road.

I hope my two friends who are Coyotes fans don't get to rub in a Phoenix win ALL WEEKEND LONG haha

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:26 PM 

I was at the game last night, Canucks 7 - Stars 1. That was a good party. ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:08 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Haha yeah what an ass kicking that was. I hate the Casucks tho. But I want my Kings to catch up to Dallas to win the division!!!! Yeah, I don't see that happening but you never know.

The Kings game last night was awesome and Boston was unable to counter LA's defense at all. Good times and a great game

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:11 PM 

it is time for the Stars to have their mid-season meltdown.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:44 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Don't be too hard on the Stars, krby! They have been a very good team so far, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. The pos Sucks are knocking on their door right now too :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:38 PM 

well, the two game losing streak is the first games they lost in 2011. (7-0-1 since Jan 1) Also, the loss at Calgary snapped an eight game road winning streak.

It is a bit worrisome that the Stars otherwise great goaltending gave up 7 on back to back nights

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:01 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Oh I see. I just hope ANY of our division teams win the Pacific OTHER than Anaheim. They are an avg team with a great goalie who carries the team to most of their wins this season.

I do watch a good amount of the Sucks games when the Kings are not playing. See how a team plays before coming to LA etc. I can't stand the Sucks because they are being rewarded with points. And, they have pretty good scoring too which makes me even more pissed off.

Don't worry, Anaheim won't make it past the first round of the playoffs if they get there. Which seems to be the case atm :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:37 PM 

3-1 over the wreck of the Edminton Fitz-oilers is a nice way to head into the All star Break. Lots of good fights too

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:55 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Wow what a game tonight for the Kings. We scored first and then the Sharks came back and got 2 back-to-back goals which Quick should had stopped (the second one was on him 100% big mess up).

But the Kings came back and tied, then with like 6 mins left killed a double minor PP, and forced OT....where LA won in a SO! Man, was I pissed off after those two San Jose goals, and their pos fans did not help any either lol.

The Kings WTF owned the OT period with some amazing attacks on the net. Wow good times. LA has won 3 in a row and now a nice little break for the team to rest and refocus for the 10 game road trip. No home games for a month for me :(

At least I will be at some cool watch parties in Feb tho!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:31 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Flyers, bitches.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:37 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Versus NHL Overtime did pick the Flyers to be the team from the Eastern Conference for the Stanley Cup Final this year. That and Vancouver or the Red Wings from the Western Conference.

I do agree with their picks, but they were 50/50 on who will win the Cup tho. It will be interesting to see if the Flyers can go all the way for 2010-2011.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:22 PM 

what? I thought the Flyers were unable to win the cup (fatal case of throat tightening the later the playoffs go)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:18 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

lol Krby

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:17 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

krby71 wrote:
what? I thought the Flyers were unable to win the cup (fatal case of throat tightening the later the playoffs go)

Flyers, bitc....oh shit, you're making contribute, aren't you? It's not a case of throat tightening, it's case a leg loosening by the goaltender ;P You know, the usual Flyers failure.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:35 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

HUGE win for the Kings tonight in Calgary!!! The last time LA got a win or any points there was on Dec 21, 2005! Yes, we won in a SO, and gave the Flames a point....but I don't care because a win is a win no matter how you get them!

Thinking of, I thought the Stars had the division in their back pocket haha not soo much with Dallas' three loses in a row. Now, the Kings are only 5 points from first place in the division!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:07 AM 

I told you that the Stars were long over due for their mid-season slide.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:29 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Oh haha. Our division is pretty tight this season. And right now all 5 teams are in the top 8 and in playoffs...but that won't stay the same once the season is over I'm sure.

It will be a very interesting race until the end tho

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:46 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Wow so last night the Stars hold onto first place by losing in OT to the Coyotes! Maybe you are right, krby. Dallas is having issues winning, but 4 loses in a row is not a deal breaker, not yet at least.

Let's see where the Stars are at the end of the month. That will give us a good picture indeed. Some folks think the Sharks will win the division and stuff. It's going to be one hella of a race that's for sure :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:13 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Very good weekend of hockey for me that's for sure! First, the Kings keep winning and beat the Flyers 1-0 on Sat! The first LA win in Philly since March 2000. A very long time indeed. Also, I went to my first Reign's hockey game because they were giving away Luc Robitaille bobbleheads! I had to got one for myself, and I did

The Reign have an affiliation with the LA Kings as one of it's minor league hockey teams in Ontario CA. The tickets were cheap, and the building was pretty nice for a game of hockey. It was very cool relaxing and not worrying about the outcome of the game. Good times, and it was a good game at the end too.

I do love the price of minor league sports I might add. It's a nice change of pace, and it's something I will cont to do from time-to-time. In other news, the Phoenix Coyotes beat the Caps tonight, and now take first place in the division.

It's the first time since Nov 4th that any team other than Dallas is in first place. Still tho, there are only 4 points from 1st to 5th place in the Pacific...the toughest division in all of the NHL haha. I wonder who will take the title home when the season ends ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:09 AM 

I am not looking at it right now, but isn't there something like six points that separates 2nd place and 9th place?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:55 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yeah it's a pretty tight race in the Western Conference this season. Look at our division standings for a second.

1. Phoenix -- 69 points
2. Sucks -- 68 points
3. Stars -- 68 points
4. Sharks -- 68 points
5. Kings -- 65 points

Pretty hardcore I tell ya

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:58 PM 

and the Stars continue to fall. Losing last night to "the Wreck of the Edmonton fitz-Oilers" is bad. 1-5-1 since the break is really bad. One point from 3rd is good, but three points from 9th is really bad. The West is way to tight to have this type of stretch right now. Playing without Richards and on the road does not bode well for a sudden turn around. At Calgary and at Vancouver will be tough. Any points that can be achieved over these next two will be HUGE. However, not getting points would be just as huge.

Oh, it is four points that separate 3rd and 10th. With about 25 games left the stretch run should be exciting. Hopefully the Stars will right the ship and keep in the post season.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:00 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yeah the Stars are not doing well lately, but at least they had a good amount of points to carry the team until the other caught up. Now, it's time to push forward, and start winning again.

Like for LA today, we are playing the Blue Jackets. A team that tends to have the Kings number :( I'm hoping for a big win or an OTL as a worse case. The game starts in two hours Go Kings Go!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:59 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Pens get Neal from Stars for Goligoski

How do you feel about this trade, krby?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:49 AM 

Well, since the Stars are in ownership limbo I feel that this is the beginning of the dismantling of the team. I think Richards is next to go, once he returns to the ice. going to suck leading the Pacific for a large portion of the season and not even making the playoffs.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:03 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Flyers, bitches.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:36 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Well Dallas is not out of the race just yet man. But next month will be do or die for a lot of teams in the Western Conference.

There are rumors the Kings want to trade for Brad Richards. I'm not sure if the Stars would want to trade with a division rival tho

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:27 PM 

it is getting close to trade him and get something for the future or get nothing when he leaves at the end of the year.

I am kinda torn, if the Stars can get a strong new management group in, that is willing to spend some $$$ to fill in around Richards (signing him to a new deal) and Langenbrunner then that would be the best situation.

However, that most likely would require a mgmt team to be identified and close to purchasing prior to the deadline (not going to happen). So getting something for BR now might be the best way to start the rebuilding process.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:19 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

We will see what happens with Brad and the Stars in the near future. I just renewed my season tickets with the Kings, and looking forward to the rest of this season and the push in the playoffs...well if the Kings make it that is haha

No matter, I will be watching most of the Stanley Cup Finals games anyway. Good times, and I really wonder who will be the West, East and Cup champs this year.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:33 PM 

the streak is over. The Stars beat the Red Army (in Detroit) and then beat the Pred tonight. Good to see them getting points again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:04 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yeah and the Stars had a good amount of points ahead...where they did not fall that far down the whole.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:59 PM 

And it looks like Sir Richards will be a Star through at least the end of the season. Stars fans hope now that he can be signed for a few more years.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:43 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yep and I do wonder if he will resign with Dallas in the near future. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Big game for the Stars tonight too! I want them to beat Phoenix haha. Man, and the Kings got wtf owned last night by the Red Wings. Quick was not on his game at all. On Thursday, LA will be playing against Phoenix err. I hope for the best because the Yotes has LA's number most of the time :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:18 AM 

Well the Stars have pulled out of their tailspin (5-0-1 in their last six) and are sitting in the 5th spot in the west (the OT w at LA was nice on Monday). They have a big game tonight vs Calgary (who they are tied with 79 points) to start a seven game homestand (I am going to try to get tickets to at least one of the games). A win would put the Stars in 4th and two points behind San Jose for the Pacific Division lead. Hopefully the five game pointless streak in mid-Feb. won't have a huge impact. But with 16 games left and three points separate 4th and 9th place, there still will be a CRAZY final month to the season.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:47 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Man the Kings gave away the game to Dallas on Monday!!! They were in full control and a bad turn over was all the Stars needed to go to OT, and win big time :(

Sucks but the Kings have to lock things down to win these games. Well, at least they did tonight against the Red Wings tho!

You are right man. The Western Standings are insane this season haha

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:05 AM 

so what do the Stars do to start the homestand? Drop the first game 4-3 in a shoot out.

At least Richards returned to the ice.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:22 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

At least they got a point tho haha. If you are going to lose, lose in OT or a SO. Every point is a must have because the Playoffs spots won't be easy to come by!

Krby, who do you think from our division will stay in the top 8? I think San Jose, Phoenix, Dallas and LA will be in the playoffs this year. A bit too early to tell, but I don't really see these teams going out of a spot for the rest of the season.

I might be wrong tho. We will see in one month's time that is for sure

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:09 AM 

Hmm, which will stay in the top 8? It might be easier to eliminate teams than to say who will...
1. Vancouver 95 pts (9 pt lead, #1 in Northwest) lock
2. Detroit 86 pts
3. San Jose 84 pts
4. Chicago 81 pts
5. Calgary 81 pts
6. Dallas 80 pts
7. LA Kings 79pts
8. Phoenix 79 pts

Just outside the playoffs, but with a chance:
9. Minnesota 77 pts
10. Anaheim 77 pts
11. Nashville 76 pts

Out of it:
12. Columbus 71 pts
13. St. Louis 69 pts
14. Colorado 60 pts
15. Edmonton 54 pts

Anaheim has more road games than home remaining. has a tough road home back to back followed by a road back to back (Mar 19 & 20 @LA vs Calgary then Mar 23 & 24 @Dallas @Nashville) then a road/home BTB (@SJ vs Dal) then end season Hwith home/road BTB vs LA. Three games vs teams that are "out of it", one vs a "just outside" and the rest are against current top eight teams. On the plus side they don't have any regular season games left vs Detroit or Vancouver. This schedule seems to be the most difficult of the "bubble" Division teams.

Phoenix has eight home games of their last 14. One game at Vancouver (second night of a road back to back after Edmonton). Three of their final six are against San Jose (two at home, one being the end of season home-road back to back vs SJ)

LA has one back-to-back left (season ending road-home vs Anaheim)

Dallas has one road back-to-back (@ LA and @ Anaheim) and one game vs Philly.

Minnesota has two games @ Vancouver and eight road games (three BTB) and four games vs the East

Nashville - R/H BTB (vs Det @Buffalo) H/R BTB (v Columbus @ St.L) Not a difficult sched. Twelve of last 15 games are at home.

Looking at the schedules, I don't see Anaheim making the playoffs, and possibly Phoenix as Nashville has such a favorable schedule the rest of the way.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:54 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Good list and info man! I agree about Anaheim as well. I don't think they will make the playoffs. Even tho I would not mind seeing the Kings vs Ducks in the first round myself haha. I just don't think their defense can keep them going much longer.

One big question is who will win our division tho! I do think San Jose most likely will, but it's not set in stone yet....not even close. I think LA and Dallas still have a very good chance of winning the Pacific this season too! It will be a hard core battle till the end that's for sure ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:50 PM 

update on tickets... I will be at the game Sunday vs LA

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:21 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Oh nice! I really do enjoy when the Kings play against Dallas. They are always good games in my eyes :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:23 PM 

uggh, Kings win, get a goal with :20 left in game. It was about :20 after the Stars got a goal to tie it at 2-2.

Quick was a wall today. The Stars had many point blank shots and he swallowed almost all of them The first goal bounced off his shoulder to find the back of the net and the second goal was the only rebound putback attempt the stars had all day.

All game it seemed like the Stars were about a half beat off. They were putting the puck just off a teammate's stick on passes or would have a slip in the wrong time.

The refs (well at least ref #9) SUCKED! He had three phantom calls vs the Stars. The first was a tripping call where the guy never touched him (that lead to the first goal). He we looking right at a hooking that wasn't called and then called a highsticking when the Kings player pulled the guy's stick up.

Was a fun time at the game. I was in section 201 (front row of the section right behind the net). It sucked that the Stars lost, but I couldn't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:37 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yeah I know what you mean, krby! I loved watching the game and being there in person would had been even better :)

I love then the Kings play against the Stars because these games are always fun to watch in my eyes! I was surprised how the game ended myself haha. I thought for sure it was going to OT big time.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next