All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:16 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
They keep trotting out the "Top 5" lists for the Super Bowl. I wanted to add one (and possibly some discussion here) for the Top 5 Worst Super Bowl Games:

5)Super Bowl XL - Pittsburgh 21 Seattle 10 (never has there been so much complaining by the losing team.)

4)Super Bowl IX - Pittsburgh 16 - Minnesota 6 (score was 2-0 at half. Played in an old stadium in miserable conditions. Minnesota cound not move the ball against Pittsburgh's defense-they only scored on a blocked punt then missed the PAT.)

3)Super Bowl XXXIV - San Francisco 55 - Denver 10 (worst blowout in SB history. The only thing that stopped the 49'ers this day was the clock)

2)Super Bowl II Green Bay 33 Oakland 14 (Raiders were beaten before the coin flip)

1)Super Bowl V - Baltimore Colts 16 - Dallas Cowboys 13 (More turnovers than TD's Horrible game on both sides)

Dishonorable mention: Super Bowl XV - Oakland 27 - Philadelphia 10 (B O R I N G) and Super Bowl XXXVII - Tampa Bay 48 - Oakland 21 (this loss set the Raiders back a decade. TB knew what plays Oakland were running better than the Raiders did. Oakland has not had a winning season since)

I find it funny that two of my worst do include my favorite team (Steelers). The games don't have to be great to result in a win.

thoughts?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:46 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

My only thought is about your number 5... Heh. I was actually rooting for the Steelers in that game, as I like them better than the Seahawks. They didn't deserve that win though. No one outside of Pittsburgh actually thinks that was anything like a fair contest. I even know Steeler fans who admit the Seahawks got robbed that year. It was a disgrace.

Offline Profile