It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:02 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:04 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

The new 2012-2013 season is around the corner, and there might be a lock out this year tho. Let's see how everything plays out for the rest of the summer

Last edited by Evilundead Afterlife on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:12 PM, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:55 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
I just want the Dallas Stars sale to get completed. No sense in that one being as difficult or as dragged out as the Texas Rangers sale.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:23 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yep. Are you a Dallas Stars fan, krby?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:26 AM 

sort of. I am a sports fan living in DFW so I follow the Stars by default. I used to root for the Pens back when Super Mario was playing, but that seems like a bandwagon jumper to me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:20 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Oh haha cool to hear tho. I have seen some of the Dallas Stars games on TV, and most of the games don't seem to sell out. I would think Hockey is a big underdog in the Dallas area lol

Hell, most of the Rangers games I see when the Angels are in town do no sell out too. I guess the Cowboys rule all in Dallas

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:22 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Thinking of the Dallas Stars. This year, more Western Conference teams are getting attn for TV broadcasts. Which is good...the Eastern Conferences are overrated anyway :D

Stars Announce 2010-11 Television Schedule

I was checking online for Dallas sale info, and did not find anything yet. The same for the Phoenix Coyotes too. They were being sold, and the NHL is going to keep the team in AZ for now. Poor Canadians are upset about that I'm sure.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:55 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

It will be interesting to see what the Devils do to make cap room.

Rumor Roundup: Will Kovalchuk cost the Devils Zajac?

Even tho I would had loved to see Kovalchuk as a King next season, I'm glad they did not sign the guy. I rather keep the young core and cont to become better over the next few years. I HOPE LA wins the Stanley Cup in the next few years, as a slap in the face towards Kovy! Now that would be pefect in my eyes.

I can't wait for the Devils to be at the Staples Center next month.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:05 AM 

Dallas is very fickle when it comes to teams that are not the Cowboys. When the Stars, Rangers, and Mavs are winning they are the hardest ticket to get. When they are losing (like what the Stars have done for the past few seasons) there is hardly anyone there. If you look at the Rangers now you will see a ballpark that is close to full.

The Dallas Stars sale is going to keep the team in Dallas (or Dallas area). The MUST get Tom Hicks (same guy that owned the Rangers and Liverpool) out of owning the team since his sports management company is broke and leveraged to the hilt. There was a group that Mike Modano was a part of, but that fell through (and since Mo is now on the Red Army)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:18 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Sidney Crosby hits home run at Pirates stadium during batting practice

Hockey meets baseball :D Oh ok. So the Stars do draw if they are playing well. Makes sense then. Thanks for the info and stuff.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:12 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Kings voice Bob Miller to undergo 'precautionary' surgery

I hope the best for Bob Miller and that he will be ready for the Kings new season! I liked listening to him on the TV broadcasts last season. Classic guy and not many of them left anymore

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:21 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Not good for the NJ Devils today. They will need to pay 3 million in fines, and "The Devils will sacrifice a first-round draft pick in one of the next four Entry Drafts as well as their third-round draft pick in 2011"

NHL, Devils resolve Kovy contract dispute

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:00 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Well hockey is gearing up! I was at the Kings event this past weekend and had fun indeed :) Hockey Fest '10 and training camp starts on Sat. I plan on going this weekend to see the team in action. Oh, and we have the predictions for the Western and Eastern Conference online. What do you guys think? Agree or disagree.

Screen Shots: Western Conference predictions

I do agree the LA Kings will be in the top 5 next year, but I don't agree the Red Wings will be in first place tho. Also, we will see how well the Blackhawks do and the same with some of the lower choices. A lot of people think Phoenix is not going to do well (I think they will be good next season), and I think the Avalance will make into the top 8 again. Yeah, I'm not sure about ST. Louis Blues going to the Stanley Cup finals in 2010-2011 just yet.

Oh, I do think the Kings will win their division and can place in the top 3 next season. We will see in 2011!

Screen Shots: Eastern Conference predictions

The Eastern has a lot of movement I think of where teams will place like the Sabres in 10th for one. Tampa Bay, and Carolina finishing in the top 8 is interesting I thought.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:01 AM 

I think Dallas will make the playoffs, if they can stay somewhat healthy. We lost our captain, Brandon Morrow, last year and had a ton of guys out. Morrow looks good and the net is being turned over full time to Kari Lehtonen. Hopefully he will blossom like the GM brain trust thinks he will. The D is still too weak to allow the Stars to challenge for upper spots.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:48 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I do think Dallas has a chance to make the playoffs, and I would rather have them instead of some other Pacific Division teams ;)

It's going to be interesting to see who wins the Pacific Division in 2010-2011. I think my Kings have a very good chance in doing so.

Oh. the Stars resigned Neal & Niskanen yesterday which is good for the team. 27 goals and 28 assists for Neal is good stuff from last season. I like to keep tabs on Division rivals haha well hockey in general

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:23 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Thinking of division rivals. The Ducks training camp day 2 does not go very well for them.

Day of 2 training camp was not kind to Jason Jaffray and Joe DiPenta

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:28 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Hockey returns tonight with the preseason starting! I see the Coyotes beat the Sucks 4-1, and TB beats the Stars 4-2.

I'm happy to see Vancouver lose both their starting games today! Die Cansucks die :D

I'll be at the Kings vs Coyotes game on Thursday night. It will be awesome to see hockey live again.

NHL.COM releases the new rules for the 2010-2011 in this video.

2010-11 Rule Enforcement - NHL VideoCenter

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:21 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

ESPN's NHL picks for 2010-2011 and the hockey season starts this week! Can't wait I tell ya :)

Our 2010-11 picks: Read 'em and weep!

And I was at Frozen Fury 13 this weekend in Vegas. It was insane walking around with all the boos and cheering

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:08 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Carolina at Minnesota (Finland): 4-3 final. The first game of the season is over and Hurricanes win their season opener in Finland. Can't wait to see the recaps tonight when I get home.

2010-11 season begins! From Europe to North America

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:47 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Man what a weekend of hockey and a lot going on too. Like the Penguins 0-2, and the Kings win their first game against Vancouver!!!

Dallas has a very good start this season with their 4 points and 2-0 record. Kinda of surprised really, but good job nonetheless. LA loses in Calgary for the 10 time in a row :(

Last win there was in Dec 21, 2005 almost 5 years now. Sucks because we could had won it if not for some big mistakes. Anway, 1-1 on in Canada is a very good thing for the Kings in my eyes. I can't wait for Tuesday night's home opener against the Thrashers. I'm hoping for a big first win at the Staples Center and then some!

And SUCK IT NEW JERSEY HAHAHA 0-1-1 I hope Kovy won't see the playoffs this season ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:11 AM 

Yeah, the vibe coming from the Stars is that they are relieved that Mo and Turk are gone, allowing the young leaders to finally be able to lead. They are still giving up too many goals, but I like the W's

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:32 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I saw the video recaps of their games and it was some good hockey that was for sure. Like I said, I keep an eye on the division rivals haha. Can't wait to see Dallas at the Staples Center soon.

Do you go to many games, Krby? If so, how are the fans there in Dallas?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:22 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

WHAT ABOUT BOB!?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:10 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Suck it Sucks and New Jersey (Kovy)!!! I HOPE the Kings win a Stanley Cup WAY before NJ does, and that large pay out might help with the tears, Kovy ;)

Rookies are busting out all over, except in New Jersey and Anaheim

The ugly: The Ducks have this category to themselves.

Classic and a good read

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:26 PM 

I have yet to go to a Stars game. Their schedule is during a very busy part of the year for me (hell I have only been to one Dallas Cowboy game - never-mind that I can't stand the Cowboys and that the game was at old Texas Stadium). Getting to the AAC from my house is a good 45 - 60 min drive, depending on traffic, parking is not cheap, nor are the tickets.

There are a good deal of puck-heads in the Metroplex. Home games average around 17k. The fans that go to the games are mostly hockey fans. You will see a number of visiting team sweaters mixed in with the Stars sweaters.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:22 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Oh very cool to know about Dallas games. Last night I was at the Kings opener, and the Thrashers had a few fans there I was surprised. Nothing compared to when the Sharks, Ducks, Blackhawks and Red Wings come into town to play.

Blackhawks fans make it feel like the Kings are away sometime how many of them show up. It's amazing really

On a different note, I can't believe Vancouver lost to the Ducks tonight! The Kings beat the Casucks at their home opener last week, and we play them again on Friday here in LA. Man, it's going to be a tough tough game I think. One, I don't think the Kings will have an easier time beating them, and they will be very hunger after losing to the subpar Anaheim team.

Yeah, I will be there, and I know there will be some great hockey to be had that is for sure! Now, there is a lot more pressure for us to beat Vancouver lol

In other news:

Red Wings' Maltby announces his retirement

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:14 AM 

Stars beat the Red Army 4-1 in Mo's return visit to Dallas.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:27 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yeah they did lol I have been talking to my hockey buddies about the Stars today. One, we are kinda of wondering if they are going to cont playing like this. I mean, two of us are Kings fans, and my other friend is a Sharks fan.

So, we are all in the same division and Dallas might just make things much tougher for the rest of us haha. Even tho SportsCenter was saying they don't think the Stars will make the playoffs tonight. That their Defense will not let that happen.

We will see next year, but look at the recaps for today's game. I like seeing all the fans there too.

Stars vs Red Wings

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:38 PM 

Stars are being out shot on the season. They have a -12 differential in Shots on Goal and only a .922 save percentage. I don't know how they are 3-0-0. There is no way they can keep that up and stay on top of the rankings

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:55 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Pacific division was very busy today with the following games played:

Sharks vs Thrashers: 4-2 Atlanta
Coyotes vs Red Wings: 2-1 Detroit in OT
Stars vs Blues: 3-2 Dallas in a SO

The one week off did more harm than good for San Jose and Phoenix I'm thinking. Dallas is now 4-0-0 and play TB next. Up for the Sharks are the Hurricanes (same for the Kings on Wednesday). And the Coyotes will be in Anaheim vs the Sucks tomorrow...which I MIGHT go see in person but I'm not sure yet.

If I don't go to the Honda Center, I will watch it on TV instead. Thinking of the Coyotes. Seems they will have a new owner and stay in Phoenix for a while.

Lease agreement paves way for Coyotes sale

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:41 PM 

Dallas loses for the first time this year... inability to kill a power play finally costs them the game

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:10 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yeah but their record is pretty good for the start of the season :) It will be interesting to see where Dallas and the rest of the Pacific Division finishes next year.

San Jose and Phoenix will be hungry for wins this week. On Thursday, The Coyotes host the Kings and it will be a good game I think. One, Phoenix always has LA's number lol so it will be cool to see if we can beat them or not.

The Kings will be playing back-to-back games tho. So the team might be tired and I'm thinking we might lose, but we will see soon enough!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:54 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

LMAO Poor Vancouver!!!! Riiiiighht. The Casucks were OWNED like no tomorrow tonight 6-2 :twisted:

Wild vs Casucks

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:19 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Damn those Yotes! They beat the Kings but it was still a good game even tho LA was outplayed for the most part. The first period killed us, but we almost made a good comeback. Phoenix seems to have our number what can you do lol

Dallas won last night against the Panthers, the damn Sucks won in Philly too (ONLY took them 10 years to do so LMAO). So, it was a big lose for the Kings in my eyes! Broke the three game winning streak too.

Best part of this week's hockey is this:

Canucks' Rypien suspended six games for fan contact

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:57 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Wow wtf the Sucks beat the Stars tonight?!?! I was a bit surprised by that because Dallas played pretty well out of the gate. I think it's their 3rd lose in a row.

Anyway, Phoenix lost in Canada (they never seem to get a break up north tho), and tomorrow the Kings will play against the Blackhawks. It should be an interesting game because Quick will not be starting.

LA wants to use Quick for the Dallas game on Thursday, which I think is more important for the team. Got to win against the division rivals big time, and after the win by Anaheim, the Stars might be real hungry for a big win. And, if the Kings don't beat Dallas, my co-worker will never let me hear the end of it :(

He is a hardcore Sucks fan, and loves talking crap every chance he gets lol

So, Bernier has a very big game vs the defending cup champs and it will be a nice test for the LA Kings as well. Go Kings go!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:24 PM 

Hockey Karma coming back against the Stars. They have won a few games this year that they shouldn't have now they have lost a couple games that they could have won.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:27 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yeah, I watched the game against the Sucks. The Stars out played Anaheim, but still lost the game. I know that feeling tho LOL

Last night, the Kings outplayed the Blackhawks but lost due to Bernier our rookie goalie. They want Quick well rested for the division rival game tonight with Dallas.

I'm not sure if that was a good choice myself. I would had played Quick in both games. Making a statement in CHI would had been epic for the Kings I thought. Last year, we were 1-4 against the Blackhawks. I really wanted to win on their home ice like no tomorrow :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:19 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Haha the Stars were schooled tonight and the Kings are still first in the Pacific AND first in points in the NHL :) It's a great time to be a Kings fan that is for sure.

Still, Dallas did make a good push and pressure tonight tho. Some of Quick's saves were amazing that would had gone in with Bernier at net. Good times but the stands were sooo empty tho. I'm thinking because of the World Series people were out watching the game instead of the Stars.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:08 PM 

Yep, lots of people were out getting disappointed by the Rangers

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Haha number 1 team in the West vs the number 1 team in the East tonight at Staples Center!

Well TB was number one until today and stuff. The Kings are off to an amazing start this season with a record of 9-3 and a perfect home record of 5-0-0 I might add!

The game night was FAST and very hardcore I thought. A lot was going on, and LA was able to take the win of 1-0 against the Lightning. One of the best Kings games of the season, and I'm glad I was there to see it live :)

Dallas is still doing pretty well over all and in second place in the division. I think the Stars should make the playoffs this season. Can't wait to play them next week in LA. It will be some great hockey I'm sure.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:59 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

LOL classic stuff right there!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:42 PM 
Fell for 50,000 points of Damage

Canucks comin on fast and strong now. :) Cya in the playoffs!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:45 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

The Casucks damn it! Yeah, I knew they would not be sucking for too long. I want a rematch against Vancouver vs LA but this time the Kings progress to the next round ;)

I'll be at the Kings vs Stars game tonight. It should be a good game

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:48 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Wow I was at the Kings game tonight and what a game I tell ya. Tough game and an even sweeter two points from Dallas!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:33 AM 

Yeah, the Stars should have gotten a tie, but those two late power play goals... ugh

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:31 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yeah and the Stars lose tonight in Anaheim sigh. Fuck the Ducks I can't stand them

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:14 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Flyers bitches.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:30 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Man nothing is better than seeing the Casucks being destroyed on their home ice. The Blackhawks remind them who is the big dog indeed lol 7-1 CHI baby.

And it must be tough to be an Islanders fan right now lol

Panthers send Islanders to 12th straight loss

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:21 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Well krby71 your team is first in the division...amazing what a few weeks can do in the standings. no? lol Pretty impressive the 5 wons in a row I think.

I really believe the division will be a dog fight until the end...that can go for the Western Conference too

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:05 PM 

yeah, they went from last to first in a week. That was a huge win at home vs Ovi & the Caps. Then an uninspired W over the Wild. This team keeps on surprising me

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:56 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Oh I see haha. On Wednesday Dallas will be playing the Blackhawks. That should be a very good game I think.

The Kings have won 2 in a row and a HUGE win last night against the Red Wings!!! I was there in person like always, and what a game it was. One of the best of the season so far.

I do wonder how the Stars will do against the Blue Jackets tomorrow. They had a great start but been losing lately. Too bad LA does not play Dallas anytime soon. I really did enjoy the first game in the series! It was pretty hardcore I thought. 5 fights a lot of good things happened on the ice

And gratz on the win against the Caps haha. I don't want them at the top of the standings with points again next year.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:14 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

What a game last night. The Kings had a SHUTOUT but LA only got a point out of it lol. Quick had two assist for the Wild with their 3-2 win over the Kings.

I can't believe he did it not one BUT twice in the same game haha. At least we got a point, but I told my friend I would be pissed if the Kings lost in OT. And they did...sucks because LA won that game other than the two freebies.

Watch the recaps to know what I'm talking about. Krby, can you believe our division?!?! Three points is the difference between all the of the teams. I can't stand the fact the Ducks first line owned the Wild tonight. 6 goals from those scrubs damn it.

Anaheim will be on the road for the rest of the month, which is good because they don't play well away (so far). Thinking of, the Caps have lost 6 in a row, and I'm surprised really haha. Good to see the standings are a dog fight this season!

Looks like Dallas is on top of the Pacific, but the Sucks are right behind them. I wonder who will win the division because I can't stay any one team has an edge right now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:50 AM 

way too early to tell. Need to see how the teams deal with their mid-season slumps (and how long they are)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:24 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

The Kings own the Red Wings 5-0 at Detroit and the Stars win in a SO against the Sharks. Very good night of hockey so far.

Next up is the Blues which I hope LA wins as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:00 AM 

Canucks two points shy of Dallas for 2nd in the conference with 2 games in hand.. It was only a few years ago when the NW division was the toughest in all of hockey and the Central was a laugh fest.. Oh Detroit just picks up easy points, we'd all say. Now it's one of the tightest divisions in the league heh.

Love all the easy points Vancouver gets this year playing with a bunch of chumps (save for Colorado). :)

How 'bout them Penguins winning 12 in a row though?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 AM 

The Stars must still have the blessings of the Hockey Gods (all the injuries from the last few years...) and beat the Sharks in a shootout last night. All wins on the road are good wins and to win with your backup goalie is a great thing. I still don't see this team as a championship team but they keep getting points, so far.

The Pens have the potential to be a great team, winning streaks are nice, but is isn't like they have been playing a lot of quality teams in that streak (Buffalo twice, New Jersey, Carolina, Florida, Atlanta, Toronto, Columbus). Yes, they did beat Vancouver and their next game is at Philly tonight so we shall see.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:14 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I wish I could watch the Philly game tonight. It would be awesome I'm sure.

Oh and as for Atlanta, they have been on fire winning almost as many points as the Pens lately (last ten they have won eight). Yeah I know what you mean Darwinian lol 12 wins in a row is pretty damn epic really

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:14 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

No lucky number 13 for the Penguins thanks to the Flyers. Still very impressive to win 12 in a row tho.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:15 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

krby...Dallas is still at top of the division. I know it's still early, but the team is doing a lot better than most folks thought they would.

Well the race in the West is too close to call, but I am kinda of more worried about the Stars than the Sharks atm. Let's see what a few more weeks will bring

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:15 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Darwinian Seafarer wrote:
Canucks two points shy of Dallas for 2nd in the conference with 2 games in hand.. It was only a few years ago when the NW division was the toughest in all of hockey and the Central was a laugh fest.. Oh Detroit just picks up easy points, we'd all say. Now it's one of the tightest divisions in the league heh.

Love all the easy points Vancouver gets this year playing with a bunch of chumps (save for Colorado). :)

How 'bout them Penguins winning 12 in a row though?

Are you a Canucks fan? ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:36 AM 

Stars win both ends of a road back-to-back vs Columbus and Detroit.

Color me impressed, they even played their back-up goalie at Detroit. They are 10-2-2 over their last 14 and have been playing good hockey (During the streak: goals against average: 2.29; team save percentage: .926 ; penalty kill: 87.8 percent; and 9 of the games were on the road). I think what most impressed me was that they were down 0-2 to start the game at Detroit and fought back to win it.

I am still waiting for this team to have their "well, there goes the season" injury. For the last few seasons they have had at least one and it usually happens late December or early January.

Offline Profile