It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:56 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:04 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Our 2 guild alliance downed general on our first attempt last night, and I logged off after like 6 attempts at the yogg fight from all the epic fail standing in clouds pissing me off.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:49 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

EQ1: Kailtor(trex)
WoW: Kaltina - Alleria
Dobbil wrote:
Our 2 guild alliance downed general on our first attempt last night, and I logged off after like 6 attempts at the yogg fight from all the epic fail standing in clouds pissing me off.

Too bad there's no way to tell who set it off!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:01 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Try the traditional approach. Fraps some of the attempts and make a slowmo video of the people failing with funny music and captions. Tell them if there's a repeat performance, they're kicked!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:36 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

EQ1: Kailtor(trex)
WoW: Kaltina - Alleria
Too lazy to fraps attempts/care!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:52 PM 

Touche!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:54 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
The first 4 bosses were nerfed into oblivion last month, and still you are looking at only 25.84% out of 85,351 ranked guilds killing Flame Leviathan; steadly it goes down from there: 19.3 % Razorscale, 18.81% XT, 15.68% Ignis, 13.7% Council, 15.3% Kologarn, 13.27% Auriaya. I expect that 2nd set of numbers to even out in the next few weeks, but lets look at the keepers.

Hodir seems to be right around the proper number as %10.55% of guilds have killed him, but it drops fast after that, Thorim 8% Freya 9% and Mimiron 5.6% and still not even 1% have cleared Yogg.

I'm still curious as to how they get those numbers. I find it hard to believe that these 85-some-thousand "ranked" guilds haven't all killed Flame Leviathan if they're active and trying to do so.

Are they counting guilds that simply don't try to raid, PvP guilds, BG guilds, social guilds, inactive guilds, etc etc? Are they counting guilds that have actually zoned into Ulduar, or just every guild they could find?

Previously it was hard to tell, but when you see that sort of statistic on Flame Leviathan, it becomes clear (To me, at least) that they're counting a lot of guilds in their percentages that probably shouldn't be part of the analysis.

Pugs on my server have cleared all the way to General at least so I really just wonder where they get their numbers from, especially when I see that extremely suspicious 25% Flame Leviathan number.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:02 PM 
Spider Slayer

pugs have on my server too but those "pugs" consist of many pre-Uld best in slot alts from serious raiding guilds.

real pugs have shit players in mix n match epics pulling 2k dps, healers getting outhealed by JoL, etc.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:19 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Yea, there are Pugs and there are PUGS. N00b pugs aren't going to be clearing Ulduar (for at least another week until they nerf everything... again).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:15 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Yeah, but it doesn't matter. Pugs and N00b pugz alike will kill Flame Leviathan. Everyone kills Flame Leviathan, there's really no way to fail on it, which is why it casts some real suspicion on Blizzard's numbers there and throws the rest of the stats into doubt as well.

It's like if someone told you, "Only 25% of Americans have ever eaten food." ...wouldn't you start to doubt any statistics you got from that person?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:28 PM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
Quote:
Everyone kills Flame Leviathan, there's really no way to fail on it

I've seen pugs that could definitely fail at FL. Which is why I don't do pugs and stick to guild only encounters.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:38 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

In any case, I can pretty much guarantee that they're counting all sorts of guilds in their statistics. There's no possible way that only 25% of guilds that actually raid and have tried Ulduar have killed FL.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:05 AM 

I agree, I don't think there's any way those random non-raid guilds could not have been included.

I've been in PUGs that have *wiped* on FL, occasionally even twice... but we always pop right back in and kill them.

I probably should've mentioned that my blue-geared alt run didn't even have the majority as very experienced players. Some of them were downright gimp. Not even close to well-geared l33t-guild alts. Yet, we still managed with no hiccups.

It's just part of the reason I sort of frown whenever I see those numbers mentioned.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:15 PM 

Guild has downed Thorim but Thorim is a great example of why dumbing down the damned game so much is bad. Tanks who were not used to cc'ing mobs or doing real dungeon crawls simply can NOT handle the hallway part of Thorim. Our main guy who does the hallway was out last week and we spent 2 hours wiping over and over because the idiot DK tank kept using death and decay and killing our damned cc. He was an officer, too, so I finally had to send the guild leader a tell "Tell him to stop using D&D for gods sake". Oh, and he kept going after the hunter trapped mob before the sheeped mob.

That fight would be absolutely trivial before 3.0 and "omg let's aoe tank everything" came to be.

There, i feel better.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:01 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
That trash was nerfed as well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:15 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

mimir is stupid easy now too, he was kind of hard a few weeks ago, now we 1 shot him without any deaths.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:47 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Yeah, my guild had the same experience with him. He was one of the harder bosses for us to learn and we still hadn't gotten him dead very cleanly. Soon as they nerfed him though, he's just another loot pinata. Furthermore, Vezax started out that way, pretty much, so the only challenging fight left is Yogg, which we're still working on. I'm just hoping to beat that before they come around with more nerfs.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:13 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
That fight would be absolutely trivial before 3.0 and "omg let's aoe tank everything" came to be.

Yeah, I've pretty much had it. Account expires tonight, yay!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Moderator: Solanthious Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3