It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:27 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:28 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Quote:
The team here at Mythic has been busy this week making improvements and fixes based on your feedback to further enhance your gameplay experience. While these may change read on to check out the latest of these exciting updates coming to a server near you!

Highlights

* The war against the gold spammers continues. We’ve added new code that will hinder the spammers as they seek to carry out their nefarious deeds! This is only the next step, not the final one, in our continued battle against them.

* We have added a 'Join All' button to the scenario window which now allows players to join all scenario queues in their current tier at once.

* In order to promote realm and population balance, some realms on some servers will now award their players with a +20% bonus to renown and experience. This is not a permanent bonus, but rather a temporary incentive to promote balance. Realms currently offering this bonus are marked on the server list with a colored icon; blue for Order and Red for Destruction - Check the Herald for the latest list!

* In response to player feedback, we have made several improvements to the behavior and responsiveness of the siege weapon interface. In addition we have fixed some issues with the control and release processes of siege weapons.

* In an ongoing effort to deter players from going AFK while in scenario starting areas, we have made the following changes:

o First, players who join a scenario and remain in their realm's spawn area for two minutes will be automatically removed from that scenario.

o Second, upon entering the spawn area of a scenario, players will receive a debuff that prevents them from earning renown and experience. This debuff will be removed when the player leaves the spawn area.

* The level range at which players are able to receive the “Bolster” buff while in RvR has been expanded. This buff will now be available starting three levels lower than it had been previously. Please note this change only applies to Scenarios on Open-RvR Ruleset Servers.

o In tier 2, the buff will apply from rank 8 to rank 17, and will raise players to Battle Rank 18.

o In tier 3, the buff will apply from rank 18 to rank 27, and will raise players to Battle Rank 28.

o In tier 4, the buff will apply from rank 28 to rank 35, and will raise players to Battle Rank 36.

* In response to player feedback, we’ve added RvR and NPC chat tabs for new players. These tabs filter scenario chat and NPC chat respectively. In order to minimize frustration to users who have already customized their chat window, we will not be overwriting any current settings, so this change will affect only new players. Players who wish to add these tabs may do so through the normal chat configuration options. While in scenarios, players will no longer be able to select "Need" in their loot windows unless their character can use the item being offered.

* We have fixed an issue that was causing claimed keeps to forget that they had been claimed after a server restart. Improvements have been made to how pets follow and they should now return to their owners more quickly.

* We continue to work on the issues with the pet window. We have identified and corrected another bug which was causing this window to disappear.
Improvements have been made regarding an issue that was causing pets to teleport back to their owners after combat.

* Fixed a bug that prevented players from creating an alliance with more than two guilds. Now that this issue is resolved, alliances can grow to great numbers to crush their enemies!

* Fixed an issue that was causing the chat window to reset to its default position at logout.

General Changes and Bug Fixes

* Ongoing improvements have been made to client and server stability.

* In order to deter players from spam-mailing, WAR continues to enforce a 5-second delay between sending mail messages. However, we have reduced this delay to 1 second for mails being sent to alts or guildmates.

* We have fixed an issue that was causing monsters to lose their aggression toward players in some rare cases.

* We have identified a small percentage of monsters in the game that were slightly less challenging than originally designed. We have adjusted the abilities of these monsters to bring them in line with their intended level of difficulty.

* Fixed an issue that was allowing players to change their tactics configuration during combat.

Content

* We have made several fixes and improvements to the behavior of monsters and encounters in the Lost Vale dungeon. Access to this dungeon has been granted once more, and it should now provide an appropriately challenging experience for high-level players.

Items

* Warlord Set Trinkets were missing their career requirements. Career requirements have been added to these items.

User Interface

* In response to player feedback, we have made several improvements to the behavior and responsiveness of the siege weapon interface.

* The words in the chat tab labels will no longer disappear when players change the game's graphical resolution.

* The chat window will no longer slide upward when being resized.

* Fixed some issues with the creation of chat tabs. Newly-created chat tabs should no longer continue beyond the border of the chat window.

* Players who interact with guild vaults while their inventory is full will no longer see items in the guild vault disappear.

* We have fixed an issue that was causing the game not to remember the chat prefix (/tell, /g, /wb), forcing players to retype it each time. The game should now correctly remember the chat prefix.

* Chat font settings will now save properly.

* Fixed an issue which was causing healers to lose targeting on a player who they just resurrected.

* A number of game actions and NPC and monster communications were being sent to players through the wrong chat channel. We have made several fixes relating to these issues.

Realm vs. Realm

* The pre-scenario countdown timer should now work properly once again.

* We have fixed an issue that was causing claimed keeps to forget that they had been claimed after a server restart.

* Players' use of siege weapons will be no longer be interrupted when those players take damage.

* We have fixed an issue that was preventing players from opening the main door of a captured keep which belonged to their realm.

This is not out yet, but is "coming soon".
Source

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:31 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Are they going to make /ignore work?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:41 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
Quote:
* In order to promote realm and population balance, some realms on some servers will now award their players with a +20% bonus to renown and experience. This is not a permanent bonus, but rather a temporary incentive to promote balance. Realms currently offering this bonus are marked on the server list with a colored icon; blue for Order and Red for Destruction - Check the Herald for the latest list!

Honestly, this isn't going to cause people to move off the High Population servers.

People will go where the action is...20% exp/renown gain isn't enough of a boon on a server with no action.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:45 PM 
Bridge Dweller

they only need like 4 or 5 servers i dont know why they have so many.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:14 AM 
Spider Slayer

SpamMeNot blocks gold spam and automatically reports them. SpamSlap will let you block keywords, including names of people who send tells.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:29 AM 
Bridge Dweller

Where do you get those?

The only way I know that you can avoid gold spam is to go completely invis etc. I have a hard time playing w/ my family cuz they do that, and they can't be added to my friend's list. :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:30 AM 
Spider Slayer

http://war.curse.com/downloads/war-addo ... e-not.aspx

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:42 AM 
Bridge Dweller

How do you install mods for Warhammer? I'm a total noob...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:35 AM 
Spider Slayer

Same as WoW. WAR directory\interface\addons. Have to make the folder. There's an interface folder in user folder, that's the wrong place.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:19 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

From the patch notes....http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warhe ... war?id=362

Quote:
While in scenarios, players will no longer be able to select "Need" in their loot windows unless their career or race can use the item being offered. Please note: players of a lower level than required by the item are still able to roll.

lawls

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:35 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
xskycrasherx wrote:
they only need like 4 or 5 servers i dont know why they have so many.

Yeah I know 3 or 4 people now that bought the CE, loved the game..yet have returned to WoW because whatever side they chose has no opponents to play against. I guess they'd queue up and nothing would happen...so now they're back.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:49 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
I can't make up my mind if I wish this game had WoWs PvE, or WoW had warhammers PvP.

I do think they made the same mistake Age of Conan did at launch and had way too many servers. A packed server is a good experience, now that the queue issues are resolved.

One big problem I see thus far is, especially in the T2 areas, there will be 100 plus people, if not more, crowded into the warcamp standing around waiting for a pop. Most PQs will go barely used, if at all, making it very very hard to complete them. I think they made scenerios a bit too sweet as the fast track to leveling.

I also think tanks have a shit time pre 20 when they need to actually tank PvE content. Why can they not at least get one AE ability to help with multi mob tanking? Chosen auras can do this somewhat. It is very frustrating tanking in this game, especially when mobs pour in at you 10 at a time in some cases.

Skull Throne still has a shit mail system too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:32 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
They need to consolidate servers, that's for damn sure. They could easily reduce them by a third and increase the population caps. People are more spread within the tiers now so I don't see how it would be a problem.

Sarissa Candyangel

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:27 AM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

Too many options with not enough people per options is 1 of the challenges this game faces.

I agree with Givin on his above statement.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:32 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

They made too many PQs. You go from 1-2 per chapter to like, 5-6 in any given area.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:05 AM 

This is one game where I actually think sending feedback helps. I'd say the first major patch they get out, after these clean up patches, will answer a lot of people's requests.

The server population is a different story. I just worry about the unknowns they are about to face. Who knows what impact WoLK will have on the server population... months, weeks, or a day? Who knows? Regardless, I agree, a packed server is a much better experience, especially in WAR.

I think it's something they should consider and Christmas may bring more subs. The game is healthy enough but, people are needed to truly experience this game. I use to think the numerous PQ's were a good thing. In beta they were packed and it was nice to quest in a different area and have access to the same chapter.

So far, i'm having a great time... i'm still limited on my playing time but that should free up soon.

Muli

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:23 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I agree that not having people around to complete PQ sucks, but other than that, I have no problems. Perhaps it is because I am Order, but my T3 queue times are still around a minute (granted, it is just for one Scenario), and we still have Keeps changing hands on a daily basis. People need to just approach things from a different angle. If you are having problems finding people for a PQ, why not get 10 guildies together and treat it like you would have treated Kara in WoW? Just get 10 people and go knock out several PQ at a time. The second they merge a few servers, you'll have the Skycrashers out there saying "I told you so," and I am not sure it would help things, anyway. The servers that are having problems are the ones with a bad Order to Destruction ratio. How will merging servers change this?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:26 AM 
Bridge Dweller

Not just skycrashers, but Givin and Sola and others agreed w/ me... too many servers.

On the realm I play on, theres like only 5 or 10 other players in the rank 5 to 10 area, PQs are hard to complete because so few people are working on them.

You can't really contain balance between realms in any game. People will play what they want to play.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:55 PM 
Spider Slayer

PQs are a novelty. The loot is hardly worth it and the rolls are all fucked up with bronze medals rolling 900's and nabbing the purple bags. There was a pretty big thread pointing out that PQs were pretty much set up to fail even on populated servers, when the bulk of the population moves past an area they become barren.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:15 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Couldn't you say that low-level dungeons "are set up to fail" for the same reason? If you just want the influence for a Chapter, it's easy enough to just farm the first stage. If you want the chance at a chest, you need to get people together to complete the whole PQ. Seems like a simple enough concept to me.People liked the idea behind the PQ at first and now that there may not be people there to do it, it's a bad idea? I think too many people are too accustomed to getting spoon-fed everything.

I want PQs to always have people around, I want instant scenario queues, I want 50-50 balanced servers, and I don't want to pay a monthly fee! Make it happen!!@

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:07 PM 
Spider Slayer

Its not like the concept escaped anyone, its that they're called public quests, not gather up a warband quest. Its supposed to be something people in the area can do and get influence/rewards at the same time for, which worked fine in beta because everyone was crammed into the same zone. People actually do run through them with their own little groups or guild groups, but obviously the average solo player can't complete it the way it was intended.

I don't know anyone who did low level dungeons and came away with a positive experience. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:20 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Glad I didn't pay for this. Rank 14 and not havin' much fun.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:28 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Pushing my 2box through T3 atm and up until 10-11pm que's are basically instant for order at least and god bless America they are abit varied (50% tor, 50% other).

I'm relatively happy with the speed at which they are addressing issues as well as making new changes.

My 2 largest complaints actually are still
A) MAIL SYSTEM LAG....dear lord this is just god damn pathetic, I have a mule on each account plus the 2 mains all with crafting and its just a god damn pain to actually use the mail system

B) Itemization....still needs a better pass, purple gear shouldn't be out leveled in 1-2 lvls by greens. 75% of BW gear has completely retarded stats.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:08 AM 

xskycrasherx wrote:
Glad I didn't pay for this. Rank 14 and not havin' much fun.

I've been waiting for someone to hit a wall with this prior to WoLK coming out. What happened just out of curiousity?

Right now, for me, there is still so much I don't know which keeps me pushing to max my character (something I have felt since EQ1). Did it get boring? RvR not fun? or just not a PvP type person? To be honest, I figured we would see a couple more of these posts a week ago.

Muli

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:27 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Look who you're asking.

ps:
Quote:
I don't know anyone who did low level dungeons and came away with a positive experience.

I don't know anyone who didn't love Deadmines.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:56 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Deadmines is possibly one of the best dungeons to ever be released on any MMO. And Mr Smite is one of the coolest bosses ever.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:01 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
Deadmines and Scarlet Monastery (and maybe SFK) are my favorite instances in WoW to this day.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:07 AM 

You can't compare Altdorf Sewers to Deadmines.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:04 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I don't believe anyone ever did.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:54 AM 

Quote:
I don't know anyone who did low level dungeons and came away with a positive experience.

I don't know anyone who didn't love Deadmines.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:07 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

What does that have to do with the Sewers? I was referring to low level dungeons in WoW to begin with. The context should be this:

1. Low level PQs are set up to fail because low level zones don't have that many people. (Jeka)
2. Using that logic, low level dungeons in WoW are set up to fail because people eventually gain levels and stop going to those dungeons. (Neesha)
3. Nobody likes low level dungeons anyway. (Jeka)
4. You're wrong, people loved Deadmines. (Neesha)
5. You can't compare the Sewers to Deadmines. (Givin)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:31 PM 

I see the context now.

And that argument would be true, if there were 9 different flavors of Deadmines that people could pick from. People went to deadmines because 1, it was actually an enjoyable experience, and two it was the only dungeon roped off for that level bracket. A standard progression spot.

Having 3 to 5 PQs for each races chapter is a bit too much freedom. That isn't the main problem with them tho. The issue is, there is very little to no incentive to complete them. Why bother when I can run in on Stage III and stack my DoTs and throw a few fireballs and still have a very good shot at the top bag with just a little luck. Anybody who actually progressed the thing through stage 1 and 2 gets shit on by a very stupid random number generator.

Second, why group up for a PQ when it's 100 inf a kill solo. The group exp "bonus" doesn't make up for it, and your influence is cut to shit if you warband it.

If they played with the numbers/reward for actual participation im sure it would be more popular. It might get people out of the Tier warcamps. They are starting to look like Ironforge.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:05 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

I dicked around in gunband last night on my healer.

I think WAR actually almost has too much going on at times for people to enjoy it all as odd as that sounds. With scenario leveling being one of the primary means of leveling a person can easily miss out on some of those things. Having a large ass cavern with 10+ quests at the start and numerous PQ's and gear drops you can't get anywhere else (some were major upgrades) is great but I don't think enough people even know about them.

Tonight will be my first experience in bastion, is it buggy or broken?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:17 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I don't doubt that they will make changes to how things are in the PQ. It is pretty annoying to lose a roll to someone who just waltzes in at the end, but at the same time, I have won a few times by getting there late, contributing what I could, and lucking out on a roll. There will always be assholes who try to screw the system, whatever that system may be (in PQ or RvR).

The fact remains that the game isn't even a month old and they are making changes for the better all the time. It still has flaws, but overall, I think the experience is pretty enjoyable. Hell, the majority of the complaints are pretty simple to fix, it is just a matter of them doing it, and their early track record shows that even though they don't have any official boards to log complaints, they still hear the public's voice and are still trying to improve the game on an almost daily basis.

What you (we) have to decide is if it is worth it to stick it out or if it is easier to quit the game and call it a failure. Personally, I don't think the game is a failure, or even close, but maybe that is because I don't mind giving the game a chance to find its identity. I'm done with WoW so I am willing to take things as they come in Warhammer. If in the end, I decide that the game sucks, oh well, life goes on. Right now, though, I don't think the game sucks. My complaints are pretty minor right now.

A slow mail system doesn't ruin my fun, but apparently it is borderline unacceptable to some of you and you are considering quitting the game because of it. Not being able to finish a PQ due to a lack of people in that area isn't game-breaking to me, but apparently, it somehow ruins the game for some of you. Altdorf almost got wasted by Destruction already on one of the servers and somehow that meant that the game sucked and the Devs were a bunch of liars to some people. Itemization problems are not a concern to me, because all games experience this at one time or another, and changes will be made eventually. Crashes to desktop piss me off just like the next guy, but I know that it is the #1 priority they are working on to fix. The population imbalance has not impacted my gameplay at this point (although it is annoying to see members of <Goon Squad> everywhere I go). I can say that I have won more Scenarios than I have lost. I have been a part of successfully taking a keep and successfully defending a keep. I haven't had those moments of absolute keyboard-throwing frustration while playing this game yet that I have had in WoW while trying to PvP. I don't hear/read constant complaints about class balance with this game that I still see - after all this time - with WoW. If pet pathing is the biggest issue, I think that says quite a bit.

Anyway, I am at work on a Saturday so I am glad I could use this time wisely and post my feelings. Thank you for listening. Karl Franz for President in 2012.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:24 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I'm on chapter 9 on my Greenskin PQ's and its hard to finish them lately (the other chapters were just fine). I won't lose any sleep over it though. I mean, I'm really looking forward to the Tier 4 PQ content in Cities and other high end RvR/PQ quests. People should get to level 40, and see how the game is in terms of content then etc.

After all, don't we all want level 40 to play with the big boys? lol Yes, I know its kinda of lame not being able to finish a PQ (they are still a great idea no matter what), but people are leveling up fast and they are moving on to the next zone. WoW has the same issue too, no? How many people really find a group for the Deadmines these days, or any of the lower level content.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:38 PM 
Spider Slayer

Neesha the Necro wrote:
Couldn't you say that low-level dungeons "are set up to fail" for the same reason?

Neesha the Necro wrote:
2. Using that logic, low level dungeons in WoW are set up to fail because people eventually gain levels and stop going to those dungeons. (Neesha)

You didn't use dungeons in WoW. The topic the entire time was Warhammer until you busted out Deadmines. If you had said "all dungeons" or something I could see that being the case but surely you can see where people would think you were comparing low level Warhammer dungeons to WoW dungeons.

I think its pretty plain to see the differences between the two and I obviously wasn't discussing any other game than Warhammer. The dungeons in WAR fall flat on their face most of the time. Given its supposed to be an RvR game, what I said still stands.

I myself am enjoying the game with three alts in T3 and my main. T4 scenarios finally started popping, and I made tons of alts just to play Nordenwatch when nothing is going on, but I can still analyze and see its faults. Just because I speak poorly of PQs doesn't mean its game-breaking, I grinded 1.2 mil influence solo. That's almost all 100 inf at a time. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:03 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I wasn't clear on what I meant, my bad. There really aren't any "low level dungeons" in Warhammer that I know of. You go to the Sewers at lvl 20+, which is halfway to the endgame. I was referring to RFK, Deadmines, Stockades, etc. Anyway, either you'll accept the game for what it is or you won't. No amount of persuasion on anyone's part will change anyone else's perceptions.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:36 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

It has been my experience that I've either a) just farmed part I for the inf and not worried about the chest, b) found 2-3 people trying to get through it and joined in...only to fail to the part III boss, c) found 2-3 people and joined them and we found a way to win, or d) found several people doing it and hope for the luck of the roll.

The only one that has frustrated me is (b) and I usually get to (c) or (d) the next time I log on.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:48 AM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

So far I really enjoy the game simply because I dont feel rushed. I've never managed to lvl so slowly and still have fun. Thats the reason I'll stick with WAR.

For me that was the main reason to quit all the previous games like AoC or Vanguard. I got to lvl40 or so being top3 on the server, trying to stay ahead of the curve. Racing was what made those games fun for me. But then I quit because RL started to suffer already.

In WAR that doesnt matter thanks to the tiers. If i have one hour I log in and play scenarios against people roughly my lvl. If I have more time I do PQs (where I pretty much go with what Sshaaz said). Eventually I'll get to 40 but for now I'm looking forward to T3.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:14 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

For me, Warhammer is an awesome game when I have friends around to do stuff with, but when I log on at odd hours and play by myself it's pretty lacking. I think it's still early to judge the game as a whole, but I'm not totally sure that I'm going to stick with it on the long term. Probably a decision I'll make when I settle on a toon and level it past 20.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:19 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Getting access to PQ's and Scenario's at lvl 1-3 which then carries to lvl 40 over 4 tiers really makes it all accessible. Then as your abilities grow you can try new things in expanded scenarios in T2-3. I really like that I can jump on for a couple hrs and feel like I got a full experience.

They partially fixed my bug about ALT+ hotkeys. They're getting there, and yes the mail system sucks. The quick fix is to dump AH items into inventory and not use mail until they can speed it up.

Offline Profile