It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:04 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for a new phone.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:07 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

I currently have a LG enV3. It does everything I want out of it. Decent camera, physical keyboard, great speakers and manages to to not drop calls constantly.

I pretty much want the same out of a new phone. I'm on Verizon, which is the only provider with service worth a damn up here and most people I talk to are on this network. I really don't care about having a smart phone, I'm open to it so long as it can use wifi. I want a phone, not internet in my pocket, I'm not interested in it enough to pay the money for data.

Oh yeah. LG has a nice keyboard, good layout and all that jazz. I'd prefer to stay LG and keep the layout assuming they have a good phone. The last few Samsung's I've looked at I really disliked their keyboard layouts.

So any suggestions?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:13 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
I have the LG enV Touch. Only thing that I will upgrade to is a smartphone. But I don't know if you can get them anymore

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:44 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

I keep hearing they're really cheaply made. I had seen some of the same about the enV3 and it's lasted almost 2 years so far and I work outside and have dropped it on numerous occasions. It still works for that matter, but it's starting to have an issue here and there with the outside speaker.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:51 AM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
If you go with build quality and want a Smartphone I hear alot of good things about the Droid Line by Motorola

Do not get a Samsung the devices we have on sprint that are Samsung seem to be the worst made lately.

Motorola, HTC and even LG builds a nice phone.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:28 AM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
and a follow up on my enV Touch, I have had mine for almost two years, may daughter the same, and we have had no issues with them. Just keep a screen protector on it and they will be fine.

Ditto on the Samsung thing. I had on of the old Samsung twist (was small, about the size of a box of icebreakers gum). It was cool as it was an mp3 player (I got it just before the ipod became big). But the phone was just crap.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:25 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

My roommate has a Samsung fascinate it seems to be ok but I've only tooled around with it a couple of times. I just *really* want a keyboard. I keep screen protectors on my current phone the screens are pretty much brand new. Requiring a data package really just makes me not want a smart phone. $90 a month is more than enough.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:47 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
If you need to make more than a couple calls a day Motorola phones are not worth it. The last three I've had (including current) have no battery life.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:57 AM 
I schooled the old school.
I schooled the old school.

If you don't care about smart phones as you stated, consider prepaid phones if you have decent service out there.

I switched to Virgin Mobile (run by Sprint and on their network) almost two years ago from Verizon and I have never looked back. The phone works great and the service is great. I get more from my plan than I did from Verizon for nearly half the cost. Right now I'm getting unlimited data and texting, and 1200 minutes of talk for $42.50 after taxes. Since it is month-to-month, you can walk away from it at any time without penalty aside from the cost of the phone itself, unlike the two year contracts at most major carriers.

Currently the phone I use from them is an LG phone-- the Rumor Touch. It has a physical keyboard that you are used to, and much more.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:47 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

I pretty much have to have Verizon up here, there really just isn't signal worth a damn from any other provider. AT&T is the next best but it's just piss poor. My phone seems to be back to normal so the hell with it, if I can't find a nice deal or unless they offer a phone to my liking I'll just keep what I have until it dies. My 2 year is up in November.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:44 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
Yeah wait till after October all carriers tend to launch there Holidays sales after October 1st.

Offline Profile