It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:19 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:54 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Tarot or anyone else who messes with PDFs and/or eBooks, I have a question or two.

I've been reading some eBooks lately using ePub2go to convert PDFs into eBooks. It's not a perfect process, of course, and I can live with the typos & grammar problems that happen due to the conversion. Anyway, I have several books in HTML format that I wanted to change into PDFs, and then convert them into eBooks. It's easy enough to do, I just right click the saved "book" and then convert it into a PDF. However, after conveting the books, my Adobe puts page numbers at the end of every page. Here's an example:

As you can see, it has the page number at the bottom (circled). When I convert these PDFs to eBooks, the eBooks also have the page numbers and it's REALLY frigging annoying. So, in a nutshell...

How the fuck can I get rid of page numbers on PDFs so I don't see them when I convert PDFs to ePub eBooks?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:37 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
that looks like someone printed to pdf.. so each pdf has the footer from the website that it was printed from?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:33 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
The original is just an HTML file. I have several books that are saved as HTML.

If I open the files, the pages aren't numbered and there's no footer (or page numbers) of any kind. Here is what it looks like:

However, if I right click the file and convert it to a PDF...

The resulting PDF has the footer/page numbers, as seen here (it is highlighted):

I can use the touch up text tool in Adobe Acrobat Pro and delete the footer, but I'd have to do it to all 286 pages, and that's not exactly something I want to do. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a setting to turn that off in Acrobat. I've looked and looked and simply can't figure it out. There's an option to add or update or remove a header or footer, but when I mess with this, it doesn't find a footer in the document (so it's not really a footer in the traditional sense).

Side note: I found a work-around. I can copy the entire text in the original HTML file and paste it into Word. Then I can convert the Word file into a PDF and it doesn't have any page numbers or the footer. I just want to know how to do it in Acrobat after converting an HTML file, damnit!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:42 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
that looks like the right click->convert to pdf is a "print to pdf" option which will add the footer, just like if you printed them to paper.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:54 AM 
The Sleeper
The Sleeper

EQ1: Leolan
Rift: Leolan
Yep.

So go into your browser's page settings options and turn off the headers/footers.

Offline Profile