It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:14 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:58 AM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
I got my 4870 in yesterday and put my old HR-03 R600 cooler on it form my HD2900 XT 1gb version and it's temps are similar to the 4850's, 34idle and 44 peak. That is at an O/C of 790/1200 via ATI Overdrive as well. It also runs flawlessly at the max O/C allowed right now in ATI Overdrive.

I found these temps to be interesting. When I pulled the old fan and heat sink off the card there was a very small amount of thermal past on the GPU vs the usual 40X the amount needed. I would almost say they put the proper amount on and yet people are saying the card was running in the high 90's.

I am definitely going to be getting another one to put in Crossfire.

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:41 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

http://www.tgdaily.com/html_tmp/content-view-38194-135.html

Told ya there was more in the pipeline. There's one more after this as well that will REALLY blow your socks off.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:07 AM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
When a Rivatuner comes out that supports the RV770's, I should be able to get close to those speeds. Hell, I already get the memory clocks of 1200 without breaking a sweat. You know someone will grab the unlocked bios and put it up for o/c flashing pleasure. Will be interesting to see how high you can get with an air cooler on it. :)

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile