It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:14 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anti Gay Marriage Ad.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:44 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I follow George Takei on facebook, and he just posted this.

This about sums it up for me.
I know this was made with sarcasm, but, it has such a ring of truth to it.
Sheesh... Why not just let people be happy. Others happiness should not affect you.
I am straight as an arrow! I like girls! LOTS!! But, other people being able to be happy and have rights in their relationship does not hurt me at all.
And, do not pull the GOD Card on this one. IF YOUR CHURCH does not want to marry a gay couple, that is fine, I can respect that, they can find someplace else to get married, but, that moral judgement is not something the GOV should be making.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:15 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
Quote:
do not pull the GOD Card on this one. IF YOUR CHURCH does not want to marry a gay couple, that is fine, I can respect that, they can find someplace else to get married, but, that moral judgement is not something the GOV should be making.

(Worthy, this isn't directed at you, but the sorry ass pieces of shit that are perpetuating this "religious stance against homosexuality")

Bullshit. If your CHURCH want to treat fellow human beings as second-class citizens then FUCK THEM. It is the assholes from the fucked up churches that are causing this damn problem.

"it's against my morals, it's not right" FUCK YOU! Two people love one another and want to have the same fucking legal protections and benefits as you do you fucking whiny bitch. If your church doesn't want to sanction a "gay marriage" then shut the fuck down. I don't give a rats ass about your piece of shit religion. We are all people on this planet and we have to get along. Your bullshit religion can kiss my fat ass, all of them. You idiot fucks don't even know what your fucked up "holy books" say. How do I know? I used to be one of you back-assward fucked in the head dumb-ass fuck jobs. I studied the damn book and it is more fucked up than you people are.

Pay your damn taxes and shut the fuck up. Oh yeah these damn churches are exempt from paying taxes on what they make and what they own. Fuck that! Your fucking multi-million dollar super complexes being built across the fucking road from the damn projects. You want to make a difference? How about you don't spend $20 fucking million dollars on your fucked up "temple" and have your backwards idiot believers spend their time that helping to build decent houses for the people that are stuck in these ramshackle shacks instead of "donating" their time and materials on your ugly ass temple. You sicken me. You don't get a say in what goes on in government. You are not fucking smart enough to know what the fuck is going on anyway unless some asshole preacher has to make up some bullshit to get you to think. Yes, I am talking to you, you fucking morons that "KNOW" that man and all life was "created" by "god" as it is now less than 10,000 years ago. You idiot fucks that make up almost half the US population. Wake the fuck up.

If you don't like what I am saying, too fucking bad. There are too many backward fucking idiots in this country and I am tired of it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:32 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
I'm not defending any side here, but you can be as tired of it as you want, religion and its freedoms is a fundamental right guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution, until that changes you'll just have to be butt-hurt on churches and religion

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:39 AM 

Freedom is one thing, but hating other people for the way they are born is something totally different.

Yeah, they can legally do what they are doing. So can I. I can call religion the scourge of humanity. But they want THEIR VIEWS to be injected into laws. That is something they cannot do.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:50 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
You do understand that religion is the foundation and or driving force that most of this country's govt, laws principals have been based on for over 200 years.

It also happens to be the driving force and foundation for most govts, laws and principals world wide as history can easily show you current, recent and past.

Its naive to think that its views and interjections wont be part of the current, or future scheme of govt's here in the US and worldwide until there is some sort of major paradigm shift.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:47 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Draconi wrote:
You do understand that religion is the foundation and or driving force that most of this country's govt, laws principals have been based on for over 200 years.

It also happens to be the driving force and foundation for most govts, laws and principals world wide as history can easily show you current, recent and past.

Its naive to think that its views and interjections wont be part of the current, or future scheme of govt's here in the US and worldwide until there is some sort of major paradigm shift.

/sigh. The man responsible for the spirit of the founding documents of this nation was VERY VERY clear on his views of Christianity being injected into the English Common Law (upon which our system is based). In a letter to Cartwright, he called this doctrine, and I quote, "a judicial forgery". This sentiment was shared by a not insubstantial number of his peers.

There's a reason only 3 (and to a degree 4) of the Ten Commandments are really represented (with rare exception) in our system of common law. And each and every one of those represented? All impact the rights of another citizen - the very concept from which the wall of separation springs.

That said, you're absolutely correct in your last statement, and it's fucking sad. But let's not pretend we owe religion any credit here. I'd consider that the more naive position.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:15 PM 

The founding of this country was based on two things: to make money and to be be free to worship as one wanted not as the state determined.

but yes, it is sad that it will take a paradigm shift for the removal of religious inspired laws to be removed from at least US governments. I think that we are on the precipice of that change. With over 20% of the US population now considering themselves to not believe in religion and the number of people considering them Catholic or Christian dropping, we may see this change happen in our lifetime.

With education comes the removal of myth and superstition as belief. There is more information available to the average person today than ever before. The exchange of ideas happens at a rate never before seen in human history. The ideas and beliefs of the old will soon be discarded.

It wasn't too long ago that a person holding my beliefs would be punished. (Yes, it still happens in some countries) Not too long ago I used to believe that the church was the answer to all that was wrong with society. Now I know that they church is hindering a lot of what needs to be done to allow our society to grow and advance.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:47 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

When people ask me about religion, I say: "I am an Atheist, Swear to God...".
I get a lot of funny looks.

Offline Profile