It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:43 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:45 AM 

http://www.fallofnations.com/play.asp?uid=60757<
>
<
>
I dont know if anyone has checked this out here. Yeah I get a bonus for people who sign up through my link, but the game doesnt hinge around clicks. Its a turn based game where you basically attack other people to get gold, then use that gold to beef up your army and structures, then attack stronger people and repeat. I havent gotten all the structures yet so no idea what goes on in the way of improvements after that. I get some minor bonuses for people checking it out, and too be honest, im curious to see what changes once I get minions. Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
Human Mob Compactor of the 52nd Cycle<
>
And Almost Too Sexy To Live!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:50 AM 

pass<
>
<
>
and<
>
<
>
Quote:Yeah I get a bonus for people who sign up through my link,<
>
<
>
blow me<
>
I used the white house bathroom yesterday. Its suprisingly not that fancy. Marble tile floor and counters, but the walls just have plain old home depot cheap wood paneling.- Varan Lorax<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:55 AM 

Hey, I wasnt trying to hide the fact that *gasp* I get something out of you clicking on that link. About the only difference between this game and most of the rest is that this game isnt designed around getting people to click. Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:28 AM 

--If it ain't
oke, flash it's firmware!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:31 AM 

Quote:About the only difference between this game and most of the rest is that this game isnt designed around getting people to click.<
>
<
>
From the website:<
>
Quote:Minions<
>
Minions are players who join the game by following your “Invitation Link�. Their role is vital if you wish to succeed in Fall of Nations. For every click on your invitation link, you will receive 1 free Conscript, up to 1 click per IP, per day. Upon every gold update, you're awarded a bonus based on your minions' income. The more gold your minions earn, the bigger the bonuses.<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:35 AM 

Hahaha nice find --If it ain't
oke, flash it's firmware!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:22 PM 

I dont have any minions and im doing fine so /shrug. I figure thats more of an ad type of thing to try to get more people to join up. "OMG! You MUST get ALL your friends to sign up here or else you can never win!" Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:38 PM 

I'm not sure what the big appeal of a game like this is. <
>
<
>
I mean, is it worth the rewards you get to make you become completely despised on the internet? <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:48 PM 

Look, click it, dont click it, edit out the refferal part so I dont get credit, I dont give a shit, do what you want. Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:51 PM 

Also Cuch, I can understand this "ruining my rep" if I did something like this OMG! The funniest link ever! and hide my game link in it instead, but I was open, I said what it was, I didnt try to hide it, and I didnt try to trick people into clicking it. So I fail to see how my posting a link in the bored room to a game people can play if they are interested would ruin my rep. Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:37 PM 

Fucking morons post a hidden link to their user ID.<
>
Losers post a non-hidden link to their user ID<
>
Winners post the official link and provide their user ID and they describe the game other than "wow this game is cool".<
>
<
>
But of course the real winners are the people not linking those stupid web based games in the first place.<
>
--If it ain't
oke, flash it's firmware!<i>Edited by: Finlainea at: 1/21/06 3:39 pm<
></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:55 PM 

Quote:Its a turn based game where you basically attack other people to get gold, then use that gold to beef up your army and structures, then attack stronger people and repeat. I havent gotten all the structures yet so no idea what goes on in the way of improvements after that. I get some minor bonuses for people checking it out, and too be honest, im curious to see what changes once I get minions. <
>
<
>
That was in my original post, about as full of a description as there is, and I even added why I used my invite link instead of the home page one. If me using my invite link is such a huge problem, mind explaining why? Seriously, I understand disliking people who trick you into clicking links, but I left it right out there for you, told you what it went to, and that it gives me a bonus, then left it up to you to click it, not click it, or even edit out the invite portion to just go straight to the site. This just strikes me as a knee jerk reaction to those other games where link clicking is the entire purpose, and losers were hiding their links everywhere. But once again, let me apologize, I was unaware that posting a link to a game, in the bored room, was so frigging offensive to you. Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:27 PM 

choke yourself <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:36 PM 

I couldn't help myself and had to click Dob's link =( "Javascript is the duct tape of the internet."<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:03 AM 

*sigh* There's always one. Tranthas Stormwalker<
>
<i></i>