It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:54 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Theoreticaly.....
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:04 PM 

I was laying next to my GF lastnight, after she had partied with her friends. Of course she was trashed and I could smell the booze on her
eath. So I started thinking some deep and meaningful thoughts.....Like, I had heard that there was a company out west that would push alcohol through a misting machine, and that through
eathing this alcohol you would get drunk, without the side effects of sickness and such....So I thought, what would happen if you put alcohol in a humidifier and let it mist in an enclosed room.....theoreticaly would this work? Also...if a person with a high blood alcohol level, swapped enough blood with you, would you intern become intoxicated from their blood? I state these questions in the name of the next generation of great theologians and thinkers : ) <
>
<
>
P.S I do not endorse the idea of misting alcohol, if you don't know what you are doing you would surely kill your stupid self. <i></i>

Post subject: Re: Theoreticaly.....
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:20 PM 

Yes, a transfusion from a drunk would make you drunk. Of course, if you have incompatible blood types it could also make you dead.<
>
<
>
Alcohol in a humidifier wouldn't do much for you. There is too much volume to fill in a room, and due to the room temperature most of the alcohol would condense or settle on the floor.<
>
<
>
Sarissa Candyangel <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:28 PM 

Some of the medical treatments we administer are given through an Oxygen driven mister. It is common for respiratory illnesses to be treated in this way. These same delivery units could be used for alcohol. Booze and Oxygen is a winning combo. If you could figure a way to add something to counter the dehydrating effects of the alcohol you would have a triple winner. Willey<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:00 AM 

Feh, drink 2 glasses of water or so before passing out and you wont wake up dehydrated. At least I never have, the one time i forgot I woke up with a hangover. Just save the water for after the booze starts to put you under as opposed to guzzling water in between shots since im not sure if that would work. Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
Human Mob Compactor of the 52nd Cycle<
>
And Almost Too Sexy To Live!<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:24 AM 

Water in between shots works just as well as chugging water after you're done drinking. Tranthas Stormwalker<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:11 AM 

The water theory only works if your drinking smaller amounts. It also seems to have a deminishing effect as I approach 30. Pedia-lite before a binge seems to have a calming effect on the morning after as well. Willey<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:24 AM 

If you've never had a hangover, you've never been drunk. I don't care what "hangover preventers" you may use... <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:07 PM 

I always drink 2 huge glass's of water after i drink. I never get a headache, but i still get the effects on the body part of the hangover. <i></i>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:12 AM 

Ah ok tran, ive never tried it so i didnt want to claim that drinking water between shots worked. For all I knew, you would just piss it all out before falling asleep if you didnt wait till the end. As for you neesha, trust me, ive been drunk a few times, water works great. Ive gotten one hangover, and that was because i forgot to drink the water before falling asleep, after drinking about the same amount I drink every time. Traab "Love Machine" Fellhammer<
>
Human Mob Compactor of the 52nd Cycle<
>
And Almost Too Sexy To Live!<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:24 AM 

Normally if I end up drinking I don't make it long enough to get any water. Puke somewhere and wake up in the morning, take a bottle of aspirin (acitiminophen + alcohol ftw) then go back to sleep for a few hours. <
>
<
>
<
>Aadarm Darkheart, Tier`Dal Wraith of Lanys T`Vyl<
>Aadarm, Undead Warlock of Light
inger <
>Aadarm Darkheart 41 Tier`Dal necromancer of Kithicor<
>Aadarm, Caldari fighter/pirate of Eve-Online, Tranquility server<
>Aadarm Darkheart, 20th level Necromancer and Elementalist of Guild Wars<
>The first
eath is the beginning of death. - Thomas Fuller<