It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:34 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:48 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
This is the NEXT book in the Wheel of Time series. It was originally supposed to be the last book, but will now be 3 books.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:17 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
yeah, the wheel of time won't ever end, especially now that Jordan is gone.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:11 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

the new guy writing it will die before its finished too, hes in my death pool.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:50 PM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

I'm definately just going to wait until its actually done and completed before I bother with it again. When I heard the last book was coming I read all of them again as a refersher and then he went a died.

Jerk.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:40 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

glad i stopped reading this pigshit series a decade ago

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:53 PM 
Lois Lane!

Meh, I was excited that the series might finally end. Very happy. I actually pulled out all the old books (I stopped reading after book 9, refusing to go on until it was complete). Now I see it's not the final one after all?

What a tease!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:23 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

By the way, I finished the book. I liked the stuff with Egwene. The rest was pretty meh, although there were some surprises.

I didn't like the non-emotional Rand, although the ending of the book signaled an end to his brooding. It looks like he'll start caring again. I loved the part where Tam showed up. I've been waiting for this for quite a while. I definitely didn't like the outcome of that meeting so hopefully they can have a 2nd meeting to patch things up. And I thought anything to do with Perrin and Mat was pretty pointless, since nothing really happened to either. They should have just moved along with the story of Mat & Thom going to the Tower to find Moraine. I think it's pretty obvious that Olver will be the key to solve the mystery so just do it already.

I saw no point in having them go to a town where everyone goes crazy in the middle of the night and started killing each other. The world is nuts. We get it. Weird shit is happening all over. We get it. There are bubbles of evil. We get it. As usual, even with a different author, we get lots of pointless filler. But overall, I'd say the book was as good as expected. At least they reached an ending to one of the storylines (the split White Tower). Only 200 other plot elements to go! For instance, Perrin had a Falcon and a Hawk on his shoulders, according to Min's visions. Have we even met the Hawk yet?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:39 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

I agree with most of what you wrote, actually. If i'd add anything, it's mostly that I felt a bit more strongly that it was excellent. This had the most character development for Rand in a long, long time. He's basically been exactly the same since the 3rd book.

I wished they had explored more of his brush with the True Power, but I love the end and the entire arc for him in this book. I also enjoyed the parts with Egwene.

I even liked the Sanchean raid of the white tower, and the one part where some of the raiders knew it would not end well, to cross Rand. I need to re-read the book.

But yeah, the negatives are that there was still too much filler. Great book, thoughh

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:28 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

By the way, apparently, Berelain is Perrin's Hawk. I guess I missed it when they explained that but I saw it on some Wiki. I liked the book, I just thought they could have done much more than they did. And yes, he really dropped the ball on the True Power part.

Offline Profile