It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:06 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:20 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

WoW: Prystus
I have to say this thing was, LONG, far longer than I expected it to be.

They basically kept the exposition to a minimum. Put a healthy dose of comedy in it, and utterly ignored some of the plot holes you could drive an army of Optimus’s through.

Well I consider stepping out of the Smithsonian in D.C. into the Nevada desert plane graveyard, or going from downtown to the woods in , a screen cut, a plot holes, without explanation. If those are NOT plot holes, then maybe there weren’t any obvious ones.

Don’t expect high brow, obviously don’t; expect LOTS of bullet time movement (Sometimes its really the only way to get a solid grip on what’s going on, honestly), MASSIVE amounts of destruction, and death; Human and Transformer.

I can’t express the words LOTS, enough, massive amounts of destruction. They were VERY realistic about what would happen to the human infrastructure if big ass robots started tearing up the landscape.

"People sometimes say that ideas cannot be stamped out by force. The Albigensian Crusade proves them wrong. Ideas can be stamped out by the elimination of everyone who holds the ideas." - Quote :"Middle Ages" by Morris Bishop.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:31 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

It's getting horrible reviews:

Review: Transformers Lands With Giant Thud

RottenTomatoes Average Review 3.9 out of 10

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:44 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
horrible reviews don't mean that it won't be awesome if you just check your brain at the door, grab some popcorn, and enjoy michaelbaysplosions.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:45 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I went to this looking for, and got what I expected. A little bit of story, and a LOT of action, and destruction. The exposition was only there long enough to get the pint across succinct and quick, and get on with the damn war.

It delivered what I wanted to see. All out knock down drag out fighting. And any critic (like one of them linked) who thinks these movies are for kids, is a ‘tard. These are being made for people who were kids when the original cartoon came out. Not for the Beast Wars and following series shows. I’m glad Bay isn’t necessarily shooting for the small child audience.

I wasn’t looking for high brow entertainment, I got what I was after.

That’s really all I have to say.

"People sometimes say that ideas cannot be stamped out by force. The Albigensian Crusade proves them wrong. Ideas can be stamped out by the elimination of everyone who holds the ideas." - Quote :"Middle Ages" by Morris Bishop.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:59 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Honestly, it might've been better if you could actually tell that shit apart. That fucking movie gave me a headache, and I'm the guy who thought Jackass was the greatest piece of cinema since Gone with the Wind.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:05 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Yea, the fight scenes were pretty hard to figure out, but it was a pretty fun action flick. It definitely had more laugh out loud moments than the original. I'd see it again if someone wanted to go see it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:33 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

How does it stack up to something like T2?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:07 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
Uh, T2 was an amazing film, both from an action, writing, cinematography and special effects standpoint, and was a seminal film for the 1990s.

Transformers is a blowed up movie

They don't compare.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:15 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

YEAH BUT HOW GOOD IS MEGAN FOX LOOKING?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:30 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

pretty fucking good

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:25 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
Just got back.

I expected a complete and utter garbage and crap movie. What did I get? A complete and utter garbage and crap movie! So it did meet my expectations...

Ridiculously long. Every damn scene just felt sooooooooo overdrawn out, maybe they spent so much on the special effects they forgot to pay for an editor? I dunno.

Megan Fox. She is hot. I get it. I understand. But damn... every scene they had to make her into a sex symbol? It was beyond obvious, and it got to the point where I was getting slightly sick and tired of the complete obvious sex symbol/sex innuendo scenes with her. EVERY ONE! Run in slow motion in a tank top with your tits bouncing up and down. Fall down but make sure you land on your hands so the camera gets the nice shot of your cleavage. Make sure your bra strap is falling down on your shoulder. Make sure the army guy grabs you right under your tits and pushes them up nearly out of your top. Make sure you are bending over a motorcycle so we can see up your short short short shorts and look at your ass.

I GET IT. MEGAN FOX IS HOT. SHE HAS TITS AND ASS. CAN WE MOVE ON NOW?

It made me glad I am over the age of 14. Because at this very moment every bleepin boy age 10-14 is jacking off to Megan Fox right now.

The movie was so Michael Bay formulaic that even Bay himself overdid his own formula and used every damn Michael Bay movie formula cliche in it. To say that his movies are becoming mind numbingly redunt is to say that the Sun will rise and fall tomorrow. The slow motion action scenes... the action scene that runs for 15+ minutes when it could have gone for 3 and the audience would have got it and understood... the camera-angle-looking-down-at-our-fallen-hero-who-might-or-might-not-die-OMG scene. The obvious attempts at humor (some of which was pretty funny, but maybe 3 out of every 10), and Bay's idiotic belief that he has some grasp of a plot.

And like someone said... yeah. Plot holes aplenty. I love how Shia falls in the desert, and the next scene Morgan places a perfectly plastered cast on his wrist. I know that he injured it during filming and they had to somehow write it into the script... but seriously? Yeah I always keep some bandages and plaster and a cast mold in my back pocket!

Having said all of that... the movie was fun if you can lower your IQ to below 70. And while I still am not getting the "hard on" for Morgan Fox like the rest of the world has for her, at least I am now semi-hard for her. Probably because her non-naked tits and ass were thrown at me the entire film.

3 out of 10. Because 3 out of 10 attempts at humor were actually funny. Terminator Salvation had a much better plot than this heh...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:29 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

One thing I forgot to add-

I was actually surprised as to how much language was in this movie. I don't recall them saying fuck... but they said everything else. They know that this is catering to kids, they know that parents are bringing kids to this film. And while a word or two here and there isn't that bad... I was just shocked as to how much they were saying and getting away with. Pussy? Asshole? Shit? Is the 8-13 crowd really using these words in every day language nowadays at the schools and at home?

Or am I just out of touch/out of time, which I might be :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:09 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

Elessar wrote:
Honestly, it might've been better if you could actually tell that shit apart. That fucking movie gave me a headache, and I'm the guy who thought Jackass was the greatest piece of cinema since Gone with the Wind.
This was exactly why I hated Transformers 1. The fight scenes were so incoherent, I had no idea what I was watching. Other than Bumblebee and Optimus, all the transformers were almost identical.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:32 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

cicely wrote:
Is the 8-13 crowd really using these words in every day language nowadays at the schools and at home?

Yes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:35 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I still think the language along with the level of violence is trying to make the point “This is NOT a kid’s movie fags!”, no matter how may people keep trying to tell Bay and those who got to watch it that it is.

That seems to be at least ONE thing you just have to let go of. It’s not being made for children. It’s being directed at adults more or less.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:28 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
The more "adult" they make a movie, the more kids want to go see it. Duh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:39 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

http://www.accesshollywood.com/transfor ... icle_19640

The quote, directly from Michael Bay himself-

Bay said the twins’ parts “were kind of written but not really written, so the voice actors is when we started to really kind of come up with their characters.”

“I purely did it for kids,” the director said. “Young kids love these robots, because it makes it more accessible to them.”

So the director completely knew that this movie was being catered to and marketed towards kids. The inclusion of the twin robots confirms his knowledge.

But I guess if the kids nowadays are calling each other pussy, and using shit/asshole/fuck/etc then I am just out of touch.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:44 AM 
I schooled the old school.
I schooled the old school.

Quote:
Megan Fox. She is hot. I get it. I understand. But damn... every scene they had to make her into a sex symbol? It was beyond obvious, and it got to the point where I was getting slightly sick and tired of the complete obvious sex symbol/sex innuendo scenes with her. EVERY ONE!

R U gay?

Quote:
But I guess if the kids nowadays are calling each other pussy, and using shit/asshole/fuck/etc then I am just out of touch.

Maybe not at age 8, but definitely by age 13.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:25 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
lol cicely was harsher to this movie than me. i kind of liked it, even though it was really hard to keep track of giant skyscraper cars punching each other in the face.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:00 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

PG-13 movies can show tits. Why would it be a big deal that they say "pussy" one time?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:25 AM 
I've pwned over 300 times!

Fribur wrote:

Quote:

Maybe not at age 8, but definitely by age 13.

Having a 12 and a 15 year old, Fribur is right. and believe it or not some 8 year old's with us this language too.

What it comes down to is parenting, and your own view points on weather or not your own child should see a movie with vulgarer language, nudity or sex, it should be totally up to you as a parent to make this call on your beliefs, morals and values.

As for the movie, I can't wait to see it, because it ENTERTAINMENT!!!!! it seams that lots of people out there are forgetting that point. I don't want to go to movies and always have to think or analyze the fuck out of it, this is one of those movies you go to an enjoy the far fetched idea's, FFS anyway its a MOVIE about robots.

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for the night.
Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:43 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Quote:
PG-13 movies can show tits. Why would it be a big deal that they say "pussy" one time?
I don't know about you but I have a clear preference of one over the other. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:40 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:55 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

I am not gay. I just don't like things being force fed onto me, especially when I already know it to be fact- i.e. I know Megan Fox is hot. You don't have to try and prove it to me a thousand times in a movie. I already know it. Let's move on to something else.

Again like I said earlier, Megan Fox doesn't do "it" for me. Maybe if she did/does then I would be all for every scene and every camera angle showing off her "assets". But it was beyond obvious what Bay was doing, and I guess at the age of 35 I don't act like I am 9-14 anymore where Fox is probably becoming their first jack off woman for that age group...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:11 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

To put in perspective, who does do "it" for you?

My answer: Elisha Cuthbert

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:42 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Amanda Righetti is my new obsession.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:01 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

The girl who knocked out Sharapova yesterday.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:19 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Evangeline Lilly and Danneel Harris

(Though, Megan Fox can be pretty damn smokin at times.)

P.S. I approve of turning this thread into another "rate celebrities on hotness" thread, because we all know what Transformers was going to be, and there's no surprises to be had here. /nod

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:10 PM 
Bored Guru
Bored Guru

EQ1: Worthy
WoW: Worthy
I saw it today.
Lots of explosions and stuff.
The MOM was pretty funny.
Everything was going on too fast.

I thought the fact that the previews had an Airbender movie coming up was cool.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:20 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Sadly, Airbender is an M. Night Shamalamadingdong movie, so the chances of it being any better than the previews are highly unlikely.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:36 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Neesha the Necro wrote:
Sadly, Airbender is an M. Night Shamalamadingdong movie, so the chances of it being any better than the previews are highly unlikely.

QFT

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:48 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

avatar was really dragonball all along

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:27 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Quote:
Evangeline Lilly
Seconded.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:48 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

My guilty pleasure is Audrina Partridge. There's just something about that chick...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:09 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

It's the gravitational pull of those mammoth mammaries offset by that empty void where her brain should be.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:32 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Or it could be the way she eats a burger in a bikini.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:10 AM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
I don't let my 9 year-old son watch the first Transformers. We did watch it once and I had to turn it off (language and other stuff that he wasn't old enough at the time). I wasn't planning on taking him to this one.

Fantasy violence (Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter, etc) is OK in my book and it has limits. When they start getting "sexual" or throw in a lot language then they are not making a kids movie anymore.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:25 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

PG-13, not PG-9.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:44 PM 

krby71 wrote:
I don't let my 9 year-old son watch the first Transformers. We did watch it once and I had to turn it off (language and other stuff that he wasn't old enough at the time). I wasn't planning on taking him to this one.

Fantasy violence (Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter, etc) is OK in my book and it has limits. When they start getting "sexual" or throw in a lot language then they are not making a kids movie anymore.

WOW!!!! somebody that parents.... hats off to you krby.

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for the night.
Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:50 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Arunhah
WoW: Scathain
Rift: Arunhah
EQ2: Scathian
That's something I've never understood. Someone run through with a sword is a-ok for children, but excessive cursing is harmful to their developing psyche? To each their own I guess.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:03 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Don't forget the damage of seeing boobies. Violence? I get that. Suspenseful movies? I get that. Sexuality/Porn? I get that too, up to a certain age. Tits and swear words? Please, talk about extreme overreaction in this country.

No wonder those kids turn into fucking basket cases when they hit the real world.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:05 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

DraagunSoulstealer wrote:
Quote:
Evangeline Lilly
Seconded.

Definitely

Teaaman Lyrist

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:23 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:13 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

SurcamStances wrote:
Amanda Righetti is my new obsession.

Guys, guys, guys. This game is over, I already won!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:18 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
That's something I've never understood. Someone run through with a sword is a-ok for children, but excessive cursing is harmful to their developing psyche? To each their own I guess.

Yeah, that's perplexing in our society.

Here in the library we have some silly things called "Clean Read" books which I guess are supposed to be for people with fragile psyches so they don't have to read any bad words or read about boobs.

So I looked through a few the other day. First chapter of one (Some Crusade-era religious book) has a pretty graphic description of some woman being eviscerated by a sword. Another is a modern-day one set in Iraq with some fairly detailed military combat scenes.

It's ok to have death, destruction, violence, etc etc but you say "shit" or show a breast and people are flipping out at you about "TEH CHILDRENZ"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:17 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Saw it last night, thought it was awesome. I have a hard time believing that some of you can walk away from the movie and be like wow, what a waste of my time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:54 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Traxor
WoW: Zairux
EQ2: Traxor
SWOR: Darman
Eve Online Handle: Traxil
I'm afraid to see it due to its length, not sure why.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:09 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

That's what she said

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:10 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

The movie will have done around 201 million since its opening on Wednesday. It did around 112 this past weekend, and 66 or so on Wednesday.

Weep for America. It likes Michael Bay, and that is part of the reason why the IQ of America is less than a rock.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:07 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I saw the movie and I assure you my IQ is just fine.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:53 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

cicely wrote:
The movie will have done around 201 million since its opening on Wednesday. It did around 112 this past weekend, and 66 or so on Wednesday.

Weep for America. It likes Michael Bay, and that is part of the reason why the IQ of America is less than a rock.

Dramatic much?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:57 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Yea, not sure what this new Cicely is trying to pull off but it's pretty silly.

WEEP FOR AMERICA THEY WENT TO SEE A SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER THAT I ALSO HAPPENED TO GO SEE THE DAY IT CAME OUT!!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:57 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

When have I ever not said something dramatic that was dumb and silly?

This is no exception. Shrug. You are who you are... Michael Bay is a horrific director who appeals to 14 year old boys and makes a crap ton of money. I played a magician in a MMORPG and sometimes posts dumb things on a EQ message board.

At least I can admit who I am. Many cannot...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:33 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

cicely wrote:

yeah i'm pretty sure you should no longer be allowed to say things. didn't you have a similar "i am so above everything" post in the valkyrie thread. seriously, and i never thought i would be the one to say this, but get over yourself.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:12 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

i love you randy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:17 AM 

Devyn wrote:

If they are showing killing and grotesque human vs human violence then I won't let my kids watch it. If it is human vs monster, machine, or non-humans fighting then that gets an easier pass. I will still watch the movie before we let our kids watch it.

I had to watch each of the new Batman movies a couple times before I sat with my boy and we watched it together, with lots of pauses to explain what is going on and where things were "fake" so to keep my son grounded.

The difference between that and cursing is the kids see them a just words and they can find them too easy to slip into their vocabulary. Curse words are too easy to use. Have you every thought of a 9-13 year old kid cursing as intelligent? I don't like it when I cuss and I am too close to 40. If I can try to keep my children from using simplistic language then I will.

As for sexual content, up to a certain age (older than 13) most kids don't understand what is going on anyhow. After they get 16 or so (there is no magic age just putting 16 out as a number) then sexual conversations/content should not be glorified, glamorized, or shunned. Sex and the human body is natural. By everyone making such a big deal about it then we are pushing our kids - who are not emotionally ready - into wanting to know what "this sex thing" is all about. By adults making a huge issue about it makes the curiosity even stronger.

But what chaps me about this, these movies are target marketed to kids (the toy tie-ins and direct marketing to them on kid shows on kid channels) and this is not a kid friendly movie.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:22 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

i'd be ok with letting my kids see this movie. yeah it's got bad language in it, but so does going to school. i would not be ok with letting my kids see the dark knight

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:33 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

randy wrote:
i would not be ok with letting my kids see the dark knight

Yeah, I think Dark Knight would be a little disturbing for a kid.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:45 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

yes. transformers is easily identifiable as fantasy. dark knight is like a nightmare come to life.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:55 AM 

and that is a scene that I fast forward through

Offline Profile