It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:43 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:43 AM 
I've pwned over 300 times!
I've pwned over 300 times!

So this will be a bit weird if you havent heard of it, but I think most of you will find it interesting. I was watching News Radio on Youtube and the end of the episode I was watching had an odd thing with Mr. James looking in to a snow globe. I didnt understand that part til I read the comment section and found out it was a reference to the end of St. Elsewhere. Ive heard of St. Elsewhere but never seen it.

So I look it up on IMDB out of curiosity. Well the end of St. Elsewhere (SPOILER! hah) ends with an autistic child of one of the characters on the show looking in to a snow globe that has a replica of the shows hospital in it. The idea is that the child has dreamed the entire show, and none of it ever actually happened. From this, there is an entire idea of something called the Tommy Westphall(autistic kid from the show) Universe...

The Tommy Westphall Universe is all the TV shows that are supposedly all dreamt by this child and thus all in his head. What made this more interesting than that to me is that it directly involves my favorite show of all time, Homicide Life on the Street. Between these two main shows, connected by a doctor from St. Elsewhere being investigated by detectives on Homicide, comes a grand total of 282 shows all connected, and thus all dreamed up by Tommy Westphall. Ya a bit crazy.

Here are some links to this...

Wiki
More info
Mapping the shows
Word for word connections PDF

Offline Profile