It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:53 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:05 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
So...there's this guy I met a couple of years back. Friend of a friend dealio, though I knew of him online (go go livejournal) and had heard nice things...but he's Hollywood.

I think I'm the only chick in Southern CA who does NOT want to be a 'movie star', on television or anything of the sort. So of course I've been on television multiple times, been asked to be in a movie more than once, and was offered a modeling contract as a teen.

But I digress....

It's not that I don't get star struck over certain people, I do. I'm not immune to it. It's just that...I guess since I've lived in CA so long and I've known a lot of people in various aspects of 'the industry' the only thing that ever REMOTELY appealed to me was the writing end, and even that I never seriously considered. It ...can be...a mean, shitty, soul sucking business with very nasty horrible people.

It isn't always. It has it's share of really good people. But I'm leery of it in the same way that any sensible woman is leery of that dark patch of parking lot while walking alone to the car.

So, when I get an opportunity to see Bobaloo perform in WeHo, I was interested, but not over the rainbow about it. And he's very 'ON' all the time.

But...it's not bullshit. Actually, I do like *most* comedians I meet. They tend to be a bit more real than most Hollywood assholes. The small percentage of them are ...shit, not the funny guys from school but the ones who used mockery as a chance to bully. Those I don't like. Most use it as a pain shield and have more than their share of personal demons.

Then there's guys like Bobaloo. He's...quirky. And he's funny as hell. And it's FUN to see the world through his eyes, and it's even more fucking fun to hang out with him.

I was going through a seriously crappy period in my life, and the night I hung out with him, I managed to forget it. He's also one of those people who has 'star-dar'. It's like gay-dar...but he can smell a star (even a D-lister) a MILE away. Which made it even funnier, as I couldn't give a damn about seeing people...but he made it exciting and fun.

Bobaloo is one of those guys that I REALLY hoped would make it. He deserves to because he's good, and I want him to because he's a good person.

Anyway...the point. He's on a show called 'I Survived a Japanese Game Show'. I read the TV guide bio of the cast, and while all of them seemed a little ...backhanded compliment-y....I wasn't surprised that there really wasn't anything negative about HIM. He's a nice guy.

I have no idea what's on the show. He's being tighter lipped than Michael Vick in prison. I do know if he's in it...it's worth watching.

This Wednesday, 9pm PST.

And if you like Bobaloo as much as I do, he has a podcast on iTunes (The Buck & Bobaloo Show) and he has an upcoming comedy tour. If he's hitting your area...GO. Seriously...GO!

www.Bobaloo.com

:D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:17 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
He was also in this commercial. I'm not sure if it ever aired, or was just viral...but it was fucking funny...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:36 AM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
Quote:
but he can smell a star (even a D-lister) a MILE away

You should have seen him the night he got Chuck Norris to pose with a group of bears. Funny, funny shit. Norris is in the pic all "wut?" surrounded by all these stocky bearded dudes that are at least 5 feet taller than him. heh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:32 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
It's a fun show, it you like japanese game shows... turned into a reality tv thing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:50 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I was hoping he was in the new season of Ninja Warrior. Ah well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:00 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
only if your idea of ninja warriors include obese dudes in spandex

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:56 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

There's a sumo chick that was on the show a few times!

Offline Profile