It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:43 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lost
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:45 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Tyral
Thought you Lost fans would get a chuckle out of this.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Lost
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:37 PM 
Bored Guru
Bored Guru

EQ1: Worthy
WoW: Worthy
hehe

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:22 PM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
so, so true

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:44 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Never seen a single episode and that made me chuckle.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:51 AM 
I am a Spaceman

That's completely retarded. I don't understand how throwing in a random pop culture reference is supposed to make that comic funny? And how is it "so, so true." There is nothing true in that comic. There's not even a thought or idea put forth in that comic which you could consider to have a quality of truth or untruth. And it's says 2009 in the corner, but it's a reference to an episode from the first season? And the lady's eyebrows are on top of her hair? Really, this comic is just a huge pile of garbage.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:19 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

You know, the troll is less effective when you go way over the top with it. Just sayin'.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:24 AM 
I am a Spaceman

Yeah, because it's definitely a troll and nothing I said is true, right. I gotcha there Tyral the Kithless. Way to resort to personal attacks instead of actually refuting my point. I guess you just straight up conceded that I was right and that you never should have started this thread.

It's basically a Worthy thread with a single sentence and a gay image. Maybe we should give you your own forum to post in by yourself so we don't ever need to see your gay shit in our forums that are for actual discussion, too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:37 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
A Droma post I can get behind.

Fuck wiccans while we're at it.

Oh yeah, and Lost is a terrible show. So was Buffy and any form of*****MAJOR EDIT***** Battlestar Galactica after 1980 or Stargate without Kurt Russel.

I think that covers everyone.

EDIT

Corrected grievous mistake.

Last edited by Givin Wetwillies on Fri May 15, 2009 5:55 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:52 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
I admit the original BSG was horrid. But I still loved it as a kid and made one of the fighters out of a paper towel tube, some toilet paper tubes, and paint, and played with that thing for weeks.

I've only seen one or two episodes of the new BSG, didn't pull me in.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:28 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
Lost = Gilligan's Island - laugh track

Ahh now I understand.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:43 AM 
Bored Guru
Bored Guru

EQ1: Worthy
WoW: Worthy
It was not complex humor, but, it gave a chuckle because it was off the wall and absurd. Maybe even a little bit dumb. So what? Did anyone get hurt? Where you personally attacked?

I am the last person to buddy up with Tyral, but, he posted something that he thought was funny, and he shared it. Whats the big deal?

Someone called it a "Worthy Thread". You know what? Maybe it was, because I do things like that all the time. I post something I thought was funny, in hopes of bringing some laughs or starting some interesting interaction on the board. He posted nothing as far as attacking anyone, but, some of the trolls here took it as an excuse to do just that.

Quote:
It's basically a Worthy thread with a single sentence and a gay image. Maybe we should give you your own forum to post in by yourself so we don't ever need to see your gay shit in our forums that are for actual discussion, too.

Here is something I do not understand. YOU have the ability to not click a link that is from someone who you do not like. Hell, I am fine you do not like my threads. I have a suggestion, DO NOT CLICK THE LINKS! There! TA-DAA!! No one forces you.

3 people posted before you, including myself, who got a smile from his post. Your basic complaint was you did not get why it is funny. Why would this cause you so much heart ache that you had to attack him on it? Why not just hit that little X in the top of the window and never look back? Do you feel that you have to instill your superior morals, judgments and and beliefs on everyone that views this to save them?

You know what? I do not like Rap Music. Because I do not like Rap Music, I do not turn my radio on to the local station that plays a lot of Rap Music.

In your world, do do you turn onto the station that plays a lot of music that you do not like, then bitch and complain to everyone around you and to the station that they are messed up with the music they play? Change YOUR Radio, or turn it off.

My suggestion to you. If you do not like what someone posts, do not click the links! And, if you do click it by accident, then, close the window!

If he had posted something as an attack against you, and you responded, I would be on your side. But, the reality is, in this case, you are just bitching to be able to bitch. Is your life that bad that you have to make bullshit drama to entertain yourself?

Just walk away man, just walk away. If you do not like what me or others post, why bother to go click the link? Just say NO!

And....

Have a nice day! :axe:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:09 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
A Worthy post I can get behind.

Fuck rap music.

Oh, and fuck China while we're at it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:33 AM 
I am a Spaceman

Well Worthy, this forum is not the bored room. It is called Arts & Entertainment, and it is designed for the discussion of Arts & Entertainment. The title of this thread isn't "A Dumb Gay Webcomic" it's "Lost". Now, I am a big fan of Lost. Lost just had its season finale that was completely over the top and ridiculous. By clicking on a thread called "Lost" in an Arts & Entertainment discussion forum I was expecting something other than a dumb gay webcomic, which I don't think is anything like turning on rap stations or whatever you were talking about.

Since it was a retarded thread and didn't belong here, I decided to call out the thread poster on it and say it was retarded. I don't see why people like you should just be able to get away with posting absolute garbage all the time without anyone saying anything. I don't like what you post because what you post isn't discussion, opinions, or anything worthwhile. You post stupid links from fark.com or chain e-mails along with a single sentence saying, "Hey, here is this thing I found."

Almost every single other thread I click on in a forum outside of the bored room has at least has some degree of thought put into to it so as to foster some kind of discussion. What makes you so special that you should be held to a different standard and never called out on it? The simple fact that you've been doing it so long that no one would ever expect you to do anything different? That you are inherently defined by your garbage posting and it would be impossible for you to ever change?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:39 AM 
Spider Slayer

More like Drama..ho...hohoho. Get it?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:06 AM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
Quote:
Lost just had its season finale that was completely over the top and ridiculous.

Strangely, I think we can both say this exact sentence and mean completely different things. Because I agree. It was completely over the top and ridiculous. :p

Juliet is the only reason to watch this show at this point. The things that woman can express with just her eyes is amazing to me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:13 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

It's satire. Lost is about stupid random shit happening. The comic is about something stupid and random happening in the Lost universe. If you want to have a thoughtful discussion about Lost you could start one in this thread or start a new topic instead of acting like a petulant kid because you assumed you knew the contents of a thread before opening it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:37 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

So, anyways, I kinda gave up on lost a couple of seasons ago, just because everything seemed so damned random and jumbled that it stopped making sense. When I saw the comic, I thought "damn, that about sums up every opinion I've heard on the show so far."

Except for Droma's, of course. But I really think he's just trolling with that shit. Either that or he needs medication, because his reaction was way over the top.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:51 PM 
I schooled the old school.
I schooled the old school.

Quote:
I don't see why people like you should just be able to get away with posting absolute garbage all the time without anyone saying anything.

I can't be the only one who saw the irony in this statement from Droma, can I?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:41 PM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
Tyral the Kithless wrote:
So, anyways, I kinda gave up on lost a couple of seasons ago, just because everything seemed so damned random and jumbled that it stopped making sense. When I saw the comic, I thought "damn, that about sums up every opinion I've heard on the show so far."

/agree

I was hoping it would get better again because I thought it had a lot of promise. But no. =\

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:37 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Huh. I really enjoyed Season 5. Probably the best season since 2.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:24 AM 
I am a Spaceman

I liked season five, but there were some big problems with it. The quality of the individual characters' stories really dropped off, I guess in order to make room for all the exposition about the island. As a result, I think the quality of the actors' performances dropped off as well, with the exception of Elizabeth Mitcheel playing Juliet. Matthew Fox completely phoned in the entire season. The characters of Ben, Locke, and Sawyer didn't fit well in their new roles. Desmond, Sayid, Hurley and most of the other smaller characters were great but didn't receive much airtime. Season five has also been the first season where the flashbacks felt completely unnecessary.

I think the biggest problem is that the new settings and new characters they've introduced into the show have, for the most part, been terrible since Ben and Juliet joined the main cast in season three. I didn't like any of the Dharma people or the new, old Others from this season. Faraday is probably the biggest mistake the writers have made in the whole series, character wise. Just completely stupid and annoying and useless. He was kind of the symbol of the writers trying too hard to advance the mystery of the island plotline to me.

Overall, what has probably dragged the show down for most people is the rate at which they've ramped up the scale throughout the series. Early on it was Hurley struggling to make friends and catch fish with a guy who didn't speak his language. Now it's atomic bombs, massive gun fights, weird immortal latin speaking people, time travel, and egyptian smoke demons manipulating people into killing god, or whatever the fuck happened in the last episode. I've stuck with it because I really liked the characters, and because I felt that, when the writing was good, it could stand up to any other show on television.

With this season's finale, and the way they set up next season, I've finally reached the point where I'm doubting that the writers can make the story they've written work. JJ Abrams left his mark on the show with the whole mystery box concept and now that we've found out what was inside the box it's really disappointing to see that it was all just a bunch of contrived sci-fi nonsense. Somewhere along the line, the writers should have realized that the story they've created would have been better served if they took it in a more believable direction. I am still looking forward to seeing how the series ends next season, but I can't say I'm expecting it to be any good.

Also, the only thing that has been remotely random about Lost was the polar bear in season one and the mexican guy/hot chick that had the completely unnecesary jewel thief - coma spider - buried alive plotline in season three. If you had trouble keeping up with the show it's probably because you missed important episodes or weren't paying attention. All the major story points were slowly built up to and thoroughly explained. Pretty much all the explanations were either "the island is magical" or "Ben lied, or is lying", too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:55 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Holy shit, Droma. Talk about some fanboi rage.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:13 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

I kind of agree on Faraday. The only one of the Season 4 introductions that I really connect with is Miles. Frank Lapidus is good as a support character. Charlotte died at just about the right time.

The main disappointments for me this season were the lack of airtime for Desmond and treating Sun as a throwaway character. The actors that play Desmond, Sun and Jin have all proven that they are more than capable of carrying character-centric episodes (unlike Kate and Jack, who piss me off more and more every time they talk).

I understood *exactly* how Juliet felt when Kate showed up in the sub.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:18 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Droma wrote:
All the major story points were slowly built up to and thoroughly explained. Pretty much all the explanations were either "the island is magical" or "Ben lied, or is lying", too.

It's shit like this that convinces me that you must be trolling.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:26 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

I'm pretty sure that's actually the explanation you're going to end up with, actually. For most questions, "the island is magical" is going to be the essence of the answer.

Personally, I'm ok with that. I've enjoyed the series for the most part, and don't really have any burning, unanswered questions. It's just an average TV series that entertains me when I catch it on the Tivo.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:30 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Oh, I'm not saying he isn't depicting it accurately. I'm just saying that it's funny that he says "it's being slowly built up and thoroughly explained" in one sentence and "the explanations are all 'it's magic'" in the next. Sorry, falling back on "this is Crazy Town, rules don't apply here! Hah hah hah hah!" isn't really a "thorough explanation." It's a cheap cop-out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:18 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
I've been watching Lost for the past couple of weeks, actually reactivated my Netflix subscription so I could get Season 4 without having to actually buy the DVDs and borrow whatever else I need from friends. The show is a whole lot better than I remember it from Season 1 when it was on, but I can imagine being insanely frustrated watching it week-to-week, because there's so much to remember and keep track of. I've gone through three and a half seasons since basically the week before last, and hope I can get current while I still have everything in my head.

I honestly think the show works a lot better when you are able to watch several episodes at one time and let threads come together, instead of getting 40 minutes every seven days. I don't plan to watch Season Six week-by-week, I'll probably watch a month at a time.

Also the comic posted ITT is not funny, even if I wasn't a fan of the show. "Satire" is not an excuse for "not funny." Yes, I am the one who determines what is and is not funny.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:20 PM 
Spider Slayer

binky ur funnay

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:15 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

EQ1: Draagun Dwarvepunter
WoW: Draagun
It's in HD, so I will probably watch it pretty soon. Just finished Rome S2... now that was a kick ass show.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:59 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
DraagunSoulstealer wrote:
It's in HD, so I will probably watch it pretty soon. Just finished Rome S2... now that was a kick ass show.

Rome was AWESOME. I've yet to see anything to match it sadly. The Tudors isn't bad, season 1 is the best though. I also like Secret Diary of a Call Girl...but I never catch it on, so I've seen like 1.3 episodes lol.

I think Rome was the best series I've ever seen. I mean I'm a big fan of a lot of other shows, but Rome was just so damned extraordinary.

The Tudors could have been just as good, but...it really needs a Pullo type and it doesn't have one. Well, it kinda had some good characters but they all get killed off, so season 2 kinda blows. Season 3 has it's moments but it's also dragging it's ass a bit. Worth watching though for the history and all, it's not BAD, it's just not..Rome good.

Then again, what is. :(

Offline Profile