It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:48 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Are you a Hi-Def snob?
Yes, I can barely stand to watch the weather if it isn't HD. 28%  28%  [ 11 ]
Sorta, I prefer HD, but it doesn't wreck my life to watch the Facts of Life re-runs in regular def. 55%  55%  [ 22 ]
No, I like HD but it isn't worth the money (or download times). 15%  15%  [ 6 ]
I hate HD, it's stupid. Bring back black and white. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 40
 Post subject: Are you a Hi-Def snob?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:10 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

I've had my TV for about a year now and enjoy it, but really didn't watch much in Hi Def other than sports and one or two TV series.

But, since I got the Blu Ray, I'm a junkie and hate regular TV. I got a Netflix subscription just to watch more :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:34 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
I seriously think the only show I watch in standard definition is Attack of the Show (and I fast forward the DVR through most of the show). I'll also catch an occasional Rockets game in SD if they are on the road, but other than that, I'm almost strictly a High Def snob.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:19 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
The only channel I even watch that is non-HD is Sci-Fi Channel. And supposedly, that should be going to hi def real soon out here in Phoenix...

I guess you can say I am a snob because I only watch the hi def channels. However, if there is a show I really want to watch that is non hi def... I will still watch it. It is not like I won't watch it just because it is not hi def- but I definitely prefer and look for hi def first.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:24 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I don't pay attention, honestly. I'm a story whore, so as long as I can tell what's going on I'll watch it through bad reception and rabbit ears. The sound, however, has to be static free. I can't stand white noise creeping in on the audio.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:12 AM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

I love HD ... I've loved it since I first started watching football in HD 6 or 7 years ago. Now I live in Tucson, AZ ... we have one local station in HD and they don't send an HD signal to dish network because it's NBC and GE owns directTV. In Davenport, IA (where I used to live) every fucking local channel was HD before the end of 2001 with CBS showing only sports in HD before like March of 2002. I haven't seen a football game in HD on a Sunday in almost three years now.

That being said I have a ps3 to watch blu rays on, a DVR, and most of dish network is HD now (other than local channels here of course!). Eventually I'm sure I will get local HD channels ... the only thing that scares me is that none of the channels even mention it's coming, or they will ever have it. Also sometimes it seems like I'm in some blackhole of blackout rules ... I'll get a Cubs or White Sox game on WGN and another channel at the same time and of course the WGN feed always looks great in comparison unless the other game is on espn.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:41 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Can't you get a $25 OTA antenna to get NBC in HD? heh

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:53 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

Nope ... there are like 4 mountains in the way. My Grandmother got a converter box for her shitty tv she keeps in her sun room. No one has the heart to tell her the signal won't reach her house, and I'm sure she will flip out when it doesn't.

Offline Profile