And his name is George Lucas.

Seriously, fuck you, Moore. Fuck you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:41 AM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
It wasn't the strongest start, but I don't think it was quite on the level of the atrocity that was their occupation apollo/starbuck storyline.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:49 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Well, I'm thinking we're starting to approach boxing episode levels of suck if this keeps up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:53 PM 
Bridge Dweller

AMAZING!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:34 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
I thought BSG died a year ago?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:24 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

WoW: Prystus
Almost, the strikes came very close to killing it.

They got back to filming last Summer.

Typical Moore style, he threw a butt load of stuff at you that only gave more questions, precisely when you thought you were going to get answers instead.

I rather liked it.

"People sometimes say that ideas cannot be stamped out by force. The Albigensian Crusade proves them wrong. Ideas can be stamped out by the elimination of everyone who holds the ideas." - Quote :"Middle Ages" by Morris Bishop.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:11 PM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
Moore talking about it (the fifth) a bit:

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com ... -dee-.html

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:56 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Gosthok
WoW: Gosthok
SWOR: Gosthok
I liked it, a lot actually. And the only thing I mind about the fifth revelation is the stupid hype they made about it. :P

I don't mind her being the fifth at all. Also, sort of like the new questions that came up, just hope they can bring everything to a close in 10 episodes. Feels too little time for an American tv show, but who knows, the English manage to bring their shit to a close in 13 episodes. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:23 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Fuck you, Ronald Moore. Fuck you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:52 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I actually enjoyed the second part of the finale more than I would have thought I would. So I'm thinking I'm crazy, because my friend really hated it. It was sort of depressing though, everyone ended up emotionally fucked. Except for Starbuck, she was the only one who was satisfied with how they ended. Then she just poofed, like a fairy godmother. :P

That didn't bug me, actually nothing did outside of the, "Lets shoot our technology into the sun!" part. I understand the humans scaled down on their technology after the first cylon war, they blamed the violence on it. And to a degree I understand them wanting to get rid of their culture and everything so it would be harder for them to make the same mistakes.... but... it's such an unwise choice. I'd expect them to at least keep their medical technology.

Outside of not being able to completely validate why they would do that, I still liked the ending. Is the cycle broken? Dun dun dun. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:26 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Tyral
I felt a little let-down by the finale, too. I can't place my finger on what exactly I didn't like, other than it just didn't feel right. Only a few things seemed to really fit the direction the series was going in.

And Balthar really did NOT get the ending he deserved.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:13 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Dude, it was ALL crap. Everything. It's like they all smoked a bowl and forgot where the fuck they were going a long time ago. I put up with this in the hope that they would at least attempt to wrap this shit up with some sense.

Weaksauce. David Chase levels of weaksauce.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:40 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

So Starbuck was a pigeon?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:53 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

rofl @ that

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:32 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

I really like most of 4.5. That final hour was total crap. And by that I'm not referring to the actors, at all. They did the best they could to sell the crap they were handed. I'm talking about the plot / writing / mythos. Pure intellectual laziness.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:09 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Oh agreed. The acting on that show has always been brilliant. They deserve the George Lucas Award for Acting with the shit they got. If only the rest of the season could be just like the mutiny arc. Even before the actual mutiny, the build up was VERY well done.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:09 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I liked how everything ended, had issue with a few things, like sending their technology into the sun and no one complaining about it. I would have expected some conflict. Of course, they had no time for that, but still, then they should have done something else. I do understand why some would want to put blame on technology, it is also not the first time they do it, they did it during the first cylon war. I just don't understand how everyone would agree to it in unison and with no conflict.

Also, talking to Rugen he brought up some things about Baltar and now I sort of don't like how Baltar ended. All he did, the many times he betrayed and killed members of his own species and he is somehow a chosen one? What did he do to redeem himself? Feed some hungry children? That's it? Uh... ok. The God in this story turned out to be as fucked up as the one some people worship IRL. :P

I didn't mind the mythos at all though, I kind of liked it. I liked the idea of the angels, and I didn't mind Kara ending the way she did. It was kind of neat, somehow. I do feel they used all of this as an excuse to be lazy, they could have done more with it.

I sort of wish they would have landed a few thousand years later though, I understand why they wanted them to land at the time they landed, but... it doesn't make sense that present time Earth would have turned out to be the way it did in the end with them landing so far back. They must have given up their technology, but they still kept their brains and knowledge about things. There were still architects, dreamers, etc. In other words, present day Earth should have been much more advanced if such an advanced civilization would have landed at the time they landed.

Then again, maybe the early modern humans killed all the BSG humans, kept some women around, mostly children, one of them Hera, and raped the heck out of them and voila, her genes passed on but not her culture. But, yeah, this is my only huge pet peeve about the finale. =P

Offline Profile