It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:51 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:05 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

WoW: Prystus
Taken from http://www.scifi-meshes.com/

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Finale To Air In 2009?

From Ain't it cool news:

WARNING:: Spoilers follow. I think they're mild spoilers, but you may disagree:

UPDATED!! What The Frak?? BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Finale To Air In 2009??!! -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

-----

If “Jedi X” heard right, we’re still more than a year and a half away from learning what happens when the colonial fleet reaches Earth.

And we’re to brace ourselves for another physical transformation of Lee Adama:

Hi Herc,
Not sure if anyone has checked in from Atlanta yet, but I attended the Battlestar Galactica Q&A session this morning at DragonCon. Jamie Bamber (Apollo), Aaron Douglas (Chief Tyrol) and Richard Hatch (original Apollo, Tom Zarek) asnwered questions for an hour. They were very funny and we did learn a few things...

The writers sequestered themselves in Utah to finish the series and even the three actors do not know how it ends.

Douglas was originally upset to learn his character was a cylon, but a 90-minute phone conversation with Ron Moore changed his mind.

Kara Thrace is definitely alive and back on the show.

[We also hear Bill Adama throws her hinder in stir, believing her to be a Cylon.]

Lee will be doing more "civilian" things, confirmed by Bamber's longer hair and beard.

Chief opens the season dealing (badly) with the news that he is a cylon. Douglas said that his hair (which is quite short) actually is growing back from early shooting of episodes for next season.

And some bad news: There are 20 episodes in the final season and the plan now from Sci-Fi is to show 10 of them in Feb. of 2008 and then wait until Feb. of 2009 to show the final 10! Needless to say, the large crowd at the panel was not pleased considering the 18-month gap we are already enduring.

[Actually, the last episode of season three arrived on SciFi March 25 of this year.]

The actors actually ripped sci-fi, with Bamber saying that the channel is not used to producing high quality material and now that it has a hit, it doesn't know what to do with it.

Douglas also mentioned that once BSG is done, he plans to move on and not do many appearances, so DragonCon could be one of his final con visits.

-----

Hey Herc,

"Jedi X" checking back in about the BSG panel from DragonCon.

I know some of the message boards are saying that the actors were joking about the final season being split between 08 and 09, but here is why some people might think that...

Douglas, Bamber and Hatch were talking about the current gap in the show and one of them said that the plan was to split the final season between 2008 and 2009, a lot of people laughed and thought it was a joke and that they were ripping sci-fi. But then Bamber said "no, really. That's the plan right now." and then the audience groaned. So he may have been adding to the "joke" but that was not the impression I got. He even went on to say that that is how Sci-Fi essentially gets two final seasons for the cost of one.

"People sometimes say that ideas cannot be stamped out by force. The Albigensian Crusade proves them wrong. Ideas can be stamped out by the elimination of everyone who holds the ideas." - Quote :"Middle Ages" by Morris Bishop.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:36 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Gosthok
WoW: Gosthok
SWOR: Gosthok
Not surprising from the SciFi Channel. The channel sucks major butt. :\

I remember when they replaced Farscape's slot with Scare Tactics and that shitty Tremors series. /sigh

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:02 PM 
Do you smell that?

Farscape was the best series that the Sci-Fi channel ever created.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:07 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Those fucking people are idiots. The Sci Fi channel is total garbage now.

It's astonishing looking at the transformation for the positive that channels like TNT have undergone.

Fuck you sci fi channel!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:57 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

"I remember when they replaced Farscape's slot with Scare Tactics and that shitty Tremors series. /sigh"

While I have to agree with you on the loss of Farsacpe, and that both Scare tactics, and Tremors the Series sucked ass, you can't really blame those two shows. Farscape ended in 2001, and neither of those series came out til 2003.

Farscape got ganked because of the stupidity of the new owners of the Sci Fi Channel at the time. Same reason Lexx didn't go much further (not that I considered that show to have much life anyway). The network got sold to some French company led by some idiot who thought there was too MUCH Sci Fi on the Sci Fi channel... *Boggle* He was the jerk off that promoted that John Edwards Crap (Let me tell you about your dead relatives, after you tell me everything there is to know! And watch your surprised face because I LISTENED you moron!).

Sci Fi was tanking so badly the French holding company sold it off, thats why we started seeing shows like Battlestar reappear. Course thats why we started seeing so many of these new sci fi movies... which are utter crap. I definitely have no idea what Sci Fi is thinking behind the scenes. The New Buck Rogers can;t hold, it's garbage. I don;t think Dresden Files has hte power to stay, and Painkiller Jane bored me halfway through the first episode. And I while I think Eureka is just quirky enough it MIGHT live, I somehow doubt it.

Stargate Atlantis I think is banking on the arrival the the Samantha Carter character to keep it ...afloat (bad pun).

All in all Sci Fi is just lacking a serious anchor show on the level of Farscape/Battlestar/SG-1, could you imagine those three shows in one night? With all new shows? I'd be riveted personally.

They better do something soon, Ani-Monday isn't cutting it.

"People sometimes say that ideas cannot be stamped out by force. The Albigensian Crusade proves them wrong. Ideas can be stamped out by the elimination of everyone who holds the ideas." - Quote :"Middle Ages" by Morris Bishop.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:19 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Hmmm, I guess I jumped late on watching Farscape then. Was Farscape being re-run on Friday nights before Scare Tactics aired? I really don't now where these, "omg, scifi channel replaced Farscape with Scare Tactics!" memories come from. :X

And, I'm less angry about SciFi channel cancelling Lexx. As much as I loved that show I don't think it had much more to offer. Also, the show at least got an ending before being canned. The way they left us hanging with Farscape's finale was so lame. Turning a season into four hours was equally lame too, but at least they ended the story. :|

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:12 PM 
Lois Lane!

Dresden Files is not going to reappear for another season. I'm not sure about Painkiller Jane, but it's unlikely.

As far as I know, BSG will still be run as one season. It's being advertised as the last season, and all of the tv sites I read haven't mentioned it at all (and this is something they would have taken up and run with - especially Michael Ausiello).

Stargate Atlantis won't last more than two years (if they last past next year). SG1 was a big fish for SciFi, but it definitely was time to let it go. Actually, they should have let it go at the end of the Goa'uld story line. The final episode was anti-climatic.

I think the best thing about scifi is how they run old, cancelled, scifi shows (Dead Like Me, Roswell, Now and Then, etc.) I love it when I have a day off and they are playing a marathon of a show I haven't seen in a long time. They usually have a different marathon each day...although I have no idea what method they use to cycle through them. I wish it would last longer during the day...or even carry over into the evenings that they don't have original programming or good movies - their made-for-tv movies suck horribly.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:10 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

*crickets*

No one watching the last season? :O

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:30 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Yes, yes I am. Though I am still trying to get my sense back after the last two "incidents" in the show.

Unlocking the Centurion's higher intellect...

And throwing Kelly out into space.

Holy shit...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:49 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Today's episode was wild!

And watch, the skinjobs will have to end up allying with the humans against the centurions. They are already starting to realize they have been slaves. Also, I wonder if the two cylon models that are going to be removed from the show this season are going to be 6, and 8. :(

That scene with Cally was sad. I hated the character (fucking annoying and whiny bitch :|), but I didn't like the way she went. Was sort of hoping she would take Tori with her, but the bitch tricked her and stole her baby. What a fucked up cylon. =|

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:09 PM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

EQ1: Rugen Payne
WoW: Mathaen
They will never remove 6. She's one of their big selling points.

However, the actions of 1 have ensured that the ONLY copies of 6 and 8? Are now Caprica 6 (on Galactica) and Boomer/Athena. All models forever changed by humans.

Which I find intereting

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:03 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Boomer still has spare bodies, no?

I wonder what's going to happen with Caprica Six. :O

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:22 PM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

they have plenty of bodies, but there is only 1 6 personality and 2 8 personalities left. The bodies were never an issue for them. If they were too far from a rez ship, their personality, and what little individuality inside that personality that they had, would die and not come back.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:09 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Oooh that's right. :(

I still hope the centurions fill Calvin with bullets over and over until the rez machine breaks. That bastard!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:22 AM 
Froaaak!!!
Froaaak!!!

http://www.spacewesterns.com/articles/60/

for people that like to get into the "mystery of the final cylon" and the promo image they released earlier this year.

Offline Profile