It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:02 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:11 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Downloading it now. Going to check it out on Friday.

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Weekend Pass Free* Trial

Quote:
Today we are excited to announce the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Weekend Pass Free* Trial. Now for a limited time, you will be able to live out your very own Star Wars™ saga with thousands of other players for free! With the Star Wars: The Old Republic Weekend Pass Free Trial, individuals who don’t already have a previously-active Star Wars: The Old Republic account will be allowed to see a portion of what the game has to offer, free of charge, with no payment method required, for up to four days!

Individuals who take part in the Weekend Pass will be able to experience the opening adventures of each of the eight character classes in the game, exploring both their Origin World and their faction’s Capital World. Additionally, Weekend Pass players will have the chance to face off against other players in PvP Warzones, or join up with friends and play through a couple of early faction-specific Flashpoints in the game, The Esseles and The Black Talon.

The Weekend Pass Free Trial opens Thursday, March 15th, 12:01AM CT / 5:01AM GMT and ends on Monday, March 19th at 2:00AM CT / 7:00AM GMT. To learn more, visit http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/weekendpass and come back on March 15th to create your account, download the game, and begin your free trial! Have questions? Visit the Weekend Pass FAQ.

Game Update 1.2, “Legacy”
(Video)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:06 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Meh.

I was a fervent defender of this game for a while, but now I'm just disappointed.

We'll see if 1.2 does something.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:46 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

If you are not enjoying the game, patch 1.2 won't change your mind I'm thinking.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:34 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Well, the patch notes claim that they're fixing some of the things that really have been driving me insane. Like people who keep warping around, getting stuck on random rocks for no apparent reason, geometry fixes, etc.

Those are some of the things that make me want to punch a baby when they happen. =O

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:23 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
Bovinity Divinity wrote:
Those are some of the things that make me want to punch a baby when they happen. =O

Why that thing? I just punch babies for fun! :boxing:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:46 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Evilundead Afterlife wrote:
If you are not enjoying the game, patch 1.2 won't change your mind I'm thinking.

You just sound jaded.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:06 AM 

I got this message on my phone when I was in Laos a few weeks ago. I was thinking, hmm, when I get back to Hawaii I might have to re-patch and see whats up. Being that I was in Laos for a month, I quickly forgot about Star Wars. When I finally did get back, I started messing with Mass Effect 3 and had no reserve energy to even patch Star Wars. The run to level 50 in Star Wars on a pvp server was very very fun, I got a few pvp top tier'd items as well as a few top end raid items and that was it for me. But, there was no reason to visit old worlds and kill a boss or a named like in EQ. Run around and brag about or give out the named items to new players in the zone. Just the satisfaction in say, after making lvl 50 on Lanys, going back and laying to waste all of Crushbone or Splitpaw...it's just not there for me in Star Wars if that makes sense.

I miss EQ like an old friend or something. I remember killing the Froglok King and Given at like level 30 or something snuk all the way down to our uber group and said woot while he was invisible. That was the first time I had ever heard the word Woot, that was like circa 2001....I had better friends in game than I did in real life. I got a 67 Mustang, the one in my sig, five years ago after my first trip back from Iraq to take my mind of off EQ. It worked, but man, I had some fun fun fun times in EQ.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:28 AM 

EQ1: Ekilam
WoW: Xinge
Rift: Xinge
EQ2: Xinge
I'm still having fun in SWTOR. Three raid geared toons and working on a fourth while I wait for the update to add more content. This is the first game since EQ that I don't mind leveling alts on. I do wish that they didn't open so many servers at the start. Kinda dead with only 145 folks on the space station in prime time hours.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:16 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yeah I agree about the servers not having enough folks online...it's been like that for a while now. I'm just hoping PvP matches won't be soo one sided on my server with patch 1.2. We lose 90% of the matches, and it gets old after a while. I love matches that are very close or a good battle...but losing all the time takes away the drive to play the warzones.

I had a very active guild and they were raiding a lot...then bam everyone quits the game because of boredom. I'm working on two Rep chars right now...even tho I have not play the game for over 2 weeks.

I'm counting down the days until BioWare adds Pazaak to the game lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:13 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
If you have an active guild, why not just queue PVP with 3 other folks? Or better yet, try to queue at the same time as a few others and get in a game that has like 5-6 of your friends against the Empire folks. When I solo-queue, I tend to lose the majority of the matches I play, but when I queue with a few friends, we win around 90% of the matches we play. In a Warzone as small as an 8-man, just having a few people on one side who are in Vent/Mumble and working together can easily sway the decision.

As an aside, I will say that on my server, the Pub folks are usually pretty terrible at Huttball. We can get steamrolled by a Pub team in Alderaan, then turn around and play the same team in Huttball and win 6-0 in 5 mins. They really do some stupid stuff while playing, but I guess that's because we play so much Huttball on my side so we all tend to know the little tricks and nuances.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:17 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
By the way, my server is still one of the more active/populated ones (although there's still an imbalance) so if anyone wants to play an Empire character and is looking for a guild, send Peno a tell on the Kaas City server (East Coast). I'm in the guild <Harmonium>, which has been around since the EQ days.

With 1.2 right around the corner, we'd like to get another tank into the raid mix, for sure.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:00 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Most of the guild is gone now. They rerolled with our main tank on a different server (server pop has been low for a while now), or just quit the game.

Offline Profile