Post subject: 1.1.1 Patch Notes
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:19 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Quote:
Classes and Combat
General
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the Global Cooldown to appear as if it has been cancelled when it is actually still in effect, resulting in a feeling of unresponsiveness to input.
  • Corrected an issue that could cause an ability icon to appear usable but be unresponsive to clicks or keypresses for several seconds.
  • Players revived by other players, including by in-combat revival abilities, now revive with 25% of maximum health.
Jedi Knight
Guardian
  • Freezing Force: Now correctly lasts 9 seconds (up from 6 seconds).
Jedi Consular
Sage
  • Mental Alacrity: Now correctly costs no Force to activate.
  • Salvation: No longer heals targets twice on application. It now correctly heals all affected targets once when applied.
Smuggler
Scoundrel
  • Flechette Round: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.
  • K.O.: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.
  • Shoot First: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.
Imperial Agent
Operative
  • Acid Blade: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.
  • Jarring Strike: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.
  • Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.
Bounty Hunter
Mercenary
  • Sweeping Blasters can now be made free with Thermal Sensor Override.
Powertech
  • Oil Slick now correctly costs no heat to activate.
Flashpoints and Operations
Flashpoints
Directive 7
  • Bulwark's Area of Effect cone abilities now properly fire in the direction Bulwark is facing.
  • Some of Bulwark's abilities were incorrectly susceptible to interruption. Bulwark is now immune to interrupts.
The False Emperor
  • Fixed a conversation that could cause the cinematic with Arkis Wode to function incorrectly.
The Foundry
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent the final fight in this Flashpoint from beginning after the cinematic. The final boss can no longer become stuck in an invulnerable state; there was still a small window where this could occur.
The Red Reaper
  • Lord Kherus now grants less experience.
  • Some of Lord Kherus's abilities have had their damage values adjusted to be more in line with the level of the Flashpoint.
  • Players now enter into melee range with Lord Kherus in order to stop him from throwing crates.
Operations
Eternity Vault
  • Players no longer randomly die in this Operation after being in Gharj's lava.
Karagga's Palace
  • Foreman Crusher's enrage now includes a movement speed increase, allowing him to catch players who attempt to run.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the Materials Disposal Unit's main control station from becoming useable again after the Operation Group is defeated by the
  • G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator on 16-man Hard Mode.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator from deploying the correct number of Proximity Pulse Mines and Security Stun Drones during combat.
  • The damage from G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator's sticky pulse grenade will scales appropriately for the selected Operation difficulty level.
  • Karagga no longer fires his Unstable Energy twice in a row.
  • Taking the shuttle after defeating Karagga no longer transports players to the incorrect hangar.
  • Walls that were missing in Karagga's Palace are now in place.
Bug Fixes
General
  • Fixed an issue that prevented some players in Operations Groups from receiving credit for the missions "[WEEKLY] Deadly Operations," "[WEEKLY] Galactic Operations," and "Journey to the Belsavis Depths." The entire Operations Group now receives credit when the objective is completed.
Items
Bug Fixes
  • Comparative tooltips for researched items no longer have their stats reversed.
Missions and NPCs
Missions
Imperial
  • Declaration of War: The mission will now progress as intended when players interact with their ship's holoterminal.
  • Debriefing: The ship Holoterminal conversation related to this mission is no longer repeatable.
  • The Eagle's Nest: The Assassin's Fortress mission is now correctly a prerequisite for this mission.
  • Number One with a Bullet: Corrected an issue that prevented Bounty Hunters from leaving The Founder.
  • The Mandalorian Killer: Thendys Noori no longer continues to heal Kellian Jarro after she has surrendered.
  • Reallocation: The final mission conversation will now begin as intended when players interact with their ship's holoterminal.
  • The Voice of Darkness: Fixed an issue that could cause Class Story mission progression to enter an incorrect state.
Republic
  • Death Spiral: Fixed an issue that prevented Jedi Knights who completed the Commander Rayfel encounter from using the shuttle back to Belsavis Orbital Station.
NPCs
Bug Fixes
  • Kintan Behemoths no longer occasionally walk on top of trees when in combat.
PvP
Warzones
General
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent players from receiving mission rewards for completing Warzones.
Voidstar
  • Players are no longer able to climb out of the attacking team spawn area in the hangar before the match starts.
World PvP
Ilum
  • Additional base turrets now protect the taxi location inside each faction's base.
Space Combat
General
  • Added two daily mission commendations to the high-level space dailies Operation Ascendant Pride (Imperial) and Operation New Eclipse (Republic).
UI
General
  • Attempting to loot an item in a group when the Master Looter is off-planet now generates an error message.
Bug Fixes
  • The leader of an Operations Group will no longer receive an incorrect message informing them that their companion has been dismissed.
Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
  • Special items related to different editions of the game have been re-sent if they were deleted by the mail system prior to being claimed.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 1.1.1 Patch Notes
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:10 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Still having a lot of fun. Leveled a sniper to 50 along with my powertech. Going to start a republic toon next, but probably on another server. Need to find one with a good republic population.

If they could add some convenience features, like cross server dungeon finders and cross server warzones, it would help a ton. I spent a long ass time LFG trying to do flashpoints after I dinged 50 the other day.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:38 PM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
there is a LFG system, but people don't use it.

In the who panel, you can flag yourself as LFG and search for others that are LFG...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:50 PM 

Yeah but there's something to be said for having a system that enables you to not have to sit in a zone looking for a group for an hour. They need a cross server dungeon finder. They'll put one in, too, once people start complaining enough.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:35 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Traxor
WoW: Zairux
EQ2: Traxor
SWOR: Darman
Eve Online Handle: Traxil
that was a feature from WoW i could appreciate, auto group queue and all..

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:55 AM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
I'd like them to start with just a server dungeon finder as opposed to cross server.

The cross server LFG tool almost killed any sense of server community that WoW had left, LFR put the final nail in that coffin.

I still enjoy the game, though I can't say there's a lot to do at 50 once you've gotten everything you need from daily commendations.

I started up a Jedi Knight and got him to 50, that story was MUCH mo bettah than the Inquisitor storyline. Next class to 50 is either going to be an Operative or a Powertech, not sure which.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:01 AM 

The imperial agent storyline is pretty good. I enjoyed it more than the bounty hunter story. But, powertechs are a lot of fun to play. Lots of cool abilities with fun animations, and tanking as a PT gives you a ton of abilities to stay alive and convenience abilities for tanking.

Glad to hear you say that about the jedi knight. I think that's my next choice. I gave him an 80s haircut with a big ol stache, too. Just to feel like I'm in the movies, heh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:05 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I agree with Vana. I dislike cross-server stuff (although I obviously see the benefit of having it). I already feel a much better sense of community on my SWTOR server than I ever did in WoW.

As far as not having much to do at 50, I kind of disagree. If you like to PVP, obviously the race to Valor Rank 60 is there. There's also the daily stuff in Belsavis and Ilum (and one space mission now, ho ho ho), as you mentioned. There are hard mode Flashpoints as well. And, of course, there is raiding (normal, hard, and nightmare modes). I could be wrong, but isn't the cooldown for normal mode raids just 24 hrs? Granted, you'd need 7 other people, but having the option to raid on any night of the week is pretty decent, although you may get tired of the fights after a while. So far, I still haven't been bored with any aspect of the game, which is nice. And I've barely even touched alts.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:14 AM 

Maybe I just played on a terrible WoW server (which is probably the case), but WoW never had any community whatsoever for me. Especially coming from EQ. I'd rather have the convenience feature.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:29 AM 

The server I played on pre-LFG was pretty damn awesome for community. You knew who the good players were and sought them out for heroics/raids.

After the LFG tool, it became a lot more convenient but it lost any sense of a personal touch because you'd never see those people again.

And yeah, the dailies are okay -- but like i said, once you have your stuff from the commendations, why bother with them? it's faster to just do ALL the space missions and make 110k credits for an hour or so of work.

I haven't tried raiding, just no interest in it yet. HM flashpoints are still a little buggy too from what I can tell.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:44 AM 

Nah, the flashpoints are fine now. The game breaking bugs and imbalance issues are fixed. There are still bugs, but you are missing out on a large part of the fun if you're not doing them at all. Just the last encounter in False Emperor alone feels more epic than most WoW encounters.

Kaon Under Siege, in particular, is a new level of immersiveness in my opinion.

The dailies suck because you can get better mastercraft implants with a slot than the rakata ones, if you can find them. I do dailies more for credits after gearing up a second 50 than for the daily commendations.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:51 AM 

I've done all the flashpoints except Kaon, but not all of them on HM.

I may have to start actively playing my sorc again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:37 PM 

EQ1: Ekilam
WoW: Xinge
Rift: Xinge
EQ2: Xinge
My sorcerer is 50 but I just use him now for making biochemical stuff and selling on the trade network. Im leveling a mercenary now with scavenging bio analysis and slicing. Selling most of it for a healthy profit. There isn't much of a community on my server. Warzones suck at 50 due to the tons of premade battlemaster geared people that score one goal and farm you the rest of the match.

Ilum pvp sucks for me due to the lag. I don't understand.d it. I go from 100+ fps with my setting all the way up even in a warzone to 10 in Ilum. When the message pops up that so and so has control of a check point its freezes me up. Was looking for a way to have that not pop up but no luck at all. ( yes I get those bad frames in Ilum with my settings all the way down).

Besides that the games not that bad. Getting a bit bored though. If I could stand to lose all the tradeskill work and my credits id refill on a different server. Hope they add a transfer option soon. And server forums to make looking for a raid guild easier.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:41 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

There are server forums, sorta. They are grouped up by the first letter of your server's name, so they are kind of stupid. As far as the frame rate issues in Ilum, I don't know if it will help, or if it is even worth it for you to try, but many people have reported success by changing to DirectX 9. Apparently, the game was coded for DX9, not DX11. It seems it's a 10 FPS increase, at bare minimum.

Offline Profile