It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:07 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: City sieges
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:52 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Wow!

I finally got past T3 on my sorcerer, which was completely dead, and now having a blast in T4 on Volkmar server. Only level 31 but got to tag along for an Altdorf raid. Really fun and well done, felt epic as hell. We didn't win, only really got past the first part. But the ruined streets, burning buildings, haze in the air, and the little chaos minion thingies running in past us were really really awesome.

I love the sequential raiding / advancement in taking objectives. Unlike WoW, which just seems to be a zone in, figure out which drive-thru to head to and engage the boss, the step by step advancement was pretty compelling, and made the Altdorf portion feel that much more epic. It felt like this was the culmination of taking BO's, keeps and forts, and then waiting outside the gates and zoning in to complete destruction.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: City sieges
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:08 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
first time is nice jox, but it gets really old REALLY fast, especially for Dest, Atldorf was so much more well designed than IC IMO, Atldorf has twisty turning narrow streets on every road, natural choke points where you can funnel in people and AE them to death.

IC is all wide open areas with no real choke points, minus the 1 BO which you can cock block in.

the real kicker, and the real dumbness, to reach stage 2 of city sieges, you have to log off your T4 charcter, log on your T2-T3 alts or have a VERY large T2-T3 player base, and q up for the city scenario to push VP high enough to reach stage 2, you cannot reach stage 2 without queueing up for the sceanrio, and the other faction T4 will not q for it while you are siegeing their city.

I have a 40 BW, WL and Slayer, 1 is a rank 75, other are both above rank 40.

Glad you're enjoying it, Volkmar was an 5-1 order pop server and they used to farm IC 3 or 4 times a day, it is nice for the other faction to get in city sieges for a change, same thing happpened on Skull Throne in the opposite way.

but after months of play and the rinse and repeat of rvr and craptacular pve which is needed for a brief change of pace it has gottten very very old for me.

the Lotd expansion has a few interesting things going on but it was pretty underwhelming and didn't rejuvenate the player base like many of us hoped it would.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: City sieges
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:12 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
I am very very curious as to how they are going to fix the renown gear level bug. Fix it the way it should have been, and anyone in Tier 1 - 3 will log in and have all their armor and weapons fall off.

For those not aware, PvP gear has incorrect RankRenown requirments right now. A piece that would normally be Rank 28 Renown 18 to use, is currently like 19/19 which pretty much makes any gear you would get via PvE in any fashon usless, along with the purples from open RVR influence.

Or in other words, they really fucked up bad.

Offline Profile