It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:00 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guild Recruitment
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:37 PM 

We have a small core that transferred from Azazel to Skull Throne (Destro) for Heavy Metal. We are quickly approaching Tier 3 and are begining to take an active leadership role in ORvR.

Due to the lack of educated MMO players, I am looking for some people to assist in recruitment, leadership, and lair raids. By this Christmas we should have 10-15 strong core players (Still waiting on friends and family to reroll on Skull Throne). I am looking to grow our guild to about 40 active members.

If anyone is interested please send me or Xolar a tell in game. We are on daily, especially during the late evening. We have Open RvR weekends, and "raid" lairs 1-2 times a week. Currently we work with other guilds as we are very small in numbers but, I am hoping to change that once most of the core reach T3-4.

Post subject: Re: Guild Recruitment
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:18 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Out of curiosity, why did you leave Azazel? The server seemed pretty active to me (although I haven't been on much lately to know if things have changed).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:01 PM 

No particular reason. We had a decent size group of players who wanted to reroll now that we understood the game better and to also take advantage of the new class / changes that came with Heavy Metal. Most players wanted to take the opportunity to move to a more challenging server. Skull Throne has a lot of very skilled Order players and we wanted to face that opposition.

A lot of people wanted to start from scratch, meet new people and all, under their trademark names, etc. Azazel is a great server but we wanted on Skull Throne.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:14 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Ah gotcha. Plus, no GOON SQUAD to deal with. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:16 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Wife and I are considering giving this a re-run. Been having some fun with EQ2 lately. I'm actually quite impressed with some of the changes they made to that game. The newbie experience on the new expansions are extremely well itemized and tweaked.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:32 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
yes just what we need on Skull Throne more Destro players hooray

not like we sit around on order going YAY its only 150 dest to 48 order in this open RVR

siege here in Kadrin Valley. that's the usualy scenario in T4 on ST just so ya know.

Welcome to the playing of keep and BO swap, for RPS and INF.

overall its almost a 3.5:1 dest vs order population in T4 on Skull

and most of the skilled Order guilds and or players, minus me of course :headbang:

left Skull throne months ago, Order is divided, has no leadership atm, and those who try to lead only end up getting
dragged down into the drama fest in chat.

Order has just enough to hold the line and not let them lock a zone usually, so if your looking for a challenge your on the wrong side.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:44 AM 

The ratio is about to change greatly. Just give it a bit. You should see how uneven T2 and T3. There is very little Destro can do versus Order. We knew there was a huge wave incoming which is why we chose this server.

In the next month, Skull Throne and Dark Crag will be two of the most challenging servers. We have some people on Monolith Order which is extremely Order heavy. If there would have been a stronger sense of Destro to work with, we would have probably chose Monolith.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

I still disagree, the imbalance in T2 and 3 has been that way for months, those order are the casual players

they have been level 25 for like 5 weeks , making a level a month maybe.

Unless they have a huge level party, T4 is gonna stay imbalanced

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:53 AM 

Check numbers here...

http://www.waralytics.com/warservers/index

also..

www.wardb.com

Skull Throne is typically the highest in Order counts outside of Phoenix Throne. Numbers are very close.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:22 PM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
Sounds to me like you guys need a healthy serving of ass-whoopin from the boys of Seven Dreams!

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:37 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

My Lion would eat your FACE Khan !

and as far as those numbers, yes I read them all the time too, but they tell you server numbers, not amount of active or casual players, and the number of players per chaos or order in each tier.

soon enough , you'll see Muligan my friend, when you join up with Slototh and the 4.5 WB's for dest that usally run during peak rvr times, and fight the 1.5 to 2 wb's that order has during peak time in T4 zones.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:30 PM 

So the end result is Muligan is going to march with the Destro army over all of you sissies!

Now i'm going to grind to T4 just so I can stomp some mudholes in you guys.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:57 PM 
Spider Slayer

They were claiming that a big Order bubble was coming up based off that site as well on Vortex. It never happened. Of course we got new players, it was just a drop in the pond of the massive amounts of people who quit. That site only counts guilded players, and it takes two days real time to hit T3 with quests/scenarios. I had several chars hit T3 then the queue times sucked so I made another one. So that site was counting characters I and probably many others never touched after initially leveling them.

Some annoying ass WH would post every day though, "the t3 order bubble iz coming! watch out! destro prepare to be destroyed!" Then he eventually got to T4 and found out how useless he was. Skull Throne could be different though. I assume its still the most populated server?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:31 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
If only they would steal lake wintergrasp and incorporate it into every keep assault in game, and god do I eat my hat saying that.

But it's true.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:03 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

How many battlegrounds do you have access to at max level in Warhammer anyway? I really liked the diversity of stages while I was leveling up back when I played... I hope it's not just 3 at 50 or whatever.

Wintergrasp and Strand of the Ancients are both pretty awesome, but I was going to say that at least Warhammer had a buttload of different battlegrounds. Good lord am I sick of having WoW's same battlegrounds that were implemented several months after initial release.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:26 PM 
Bridge Dweller

They may have a lot of bgs but nobody plays Warhammer so queue times are out of control

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:16 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Tier 4 has like 9 scenarios or something. I forget the exact number.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:18 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

(I don't think the red ones haven't been released yet)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:19 PM 
Camping Dorn
Camping Dorn

The only problem with Neesha's list that I noticed was that there were maybe one or two scenarios in Tier 3 that anyone did. All of the rest had insane queue times because of little to no participation.

That's pretty much what killed Warhammer for me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:40 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Path of least resistance. Some of those other scenarios were pretty fun, just nobody played there because the time/honor was better elsewhere. Eventually everyone had to conform if you wanted PvP because after a while everyone followed the number crunchers into specific scenarios. Combined that for the first few months there was zero reason to defend a keep at all, and was actually better to have them take it over so you could come back later in the night and score the loot sacks on the rebound.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:49 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I think being able to queue for all of them at once helped out, once they allowed that. Then again, you ran into the problem of people leaving when the 'better' queue popped up, which I hated in WoW as well as in the 'Hamma.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:46 PM 

They could just rotate maps out too. If people don't like a particular map it's not a huge deal since it will be gone in a week.

Personally, I'd rather have a bunch of DIFFERENT mediocre maps rather than a couple of maps Blizzard has gone over every little nook and cranny with a fine-tooth comb.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:31 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

One thing they did that was cool was the retro week or whatever it was called. During that week, they would pick one lower-Tier Scenario and make it available for all Tiers. I am not sure if they still do this or if it was just a special deal, but it is definitely a cool idea. Mourkain Temple at lvl 40 go go go!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:38 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

I still play, hit rr 70 today, but open rvr is just zerg vs zerg and mostly avoiding each other completely while playing

merry go keep/ BO swap in zones, dest still has huge pop adv, they lock zoens regularly but with lag and fortress lords

being a bit buggy and 1 shotting people, they don't even really try to take Fortresses atm, they locked Dragonwake, and Eataine yesterday and didn't even bother to attempt fort at all.

that and they finally got most of their dest high level zergs back from 5 day acct suspensions for exploiting terrain to

take keeps without having to break down doors.

first group of 20+ destro players with Slototh, a magus defactor leader of the destro zerg got suspended back over Christmas week, and another group of 20+ the following week.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:40 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

What's up with the weird formatting on your post?

Anyway, do they still do the retro week Scenarios?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:56 PM 

One of my favorite battleground maps to this day in any game remains the Ekrund Keep battle between the dorfs and orks. Such a small and somewhat simple map, yet such great design.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:58 PM 

Oops, I guess that'd be "orcs". Warhammer and Warhammer 40k lore confuses me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:42 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Venen wrote:
One of my favorite battleground maps to this day in any game remains the Ekrund Keep battle between the dorfs and orks. Such a small and somewhat simple map, yet such great design.

I agree. The Gates of Ekrund is a very sweet map, and I enjoy it more than most.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:13 PM 
Spider Slayer

I've played Grovod and Dragon's Bane on that list, so the red ones have been released. Order could never lock a neutral zone on my server so never seen Caledor woods, etc.

Offline Profile