It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:59 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Quote:
WAAAGH!!!

Game Update 1.0.5 arrives Tuesday, 11/18 and with it comes a number of great an exciting changes.

Prepare for the coming of the Blackguard and Knight of The Blazing Sun! These two tank careers square off and provide players with even more means to crush and conquer their enemies and defend their homelands!

All North American Servers will be brought down at 6:30AM EST to begin the update. Oceanic Servers will follow at 9AM EST. We anticipate all servers to be back online by 1:00PM EST.

Below you will find the current notes for 1.0.5. A lot of things have changed so be sure to read Mark Jacobs' update on 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 and the career changes we have coming up. Enjoy!

HIGHLIGHTS
* With 1.0.5 comes The Heavy Metal event! Fight and adventure for your chance to play the Knight of The Blazing Sun and The Blackguard before anyone else!

* Character collision in RvR has been improved. Players should no longer move sporadically when being blocked by another player.

* Players who go AFK while in Public Quest areas or during keep sieges will no longer receive contribution credit toward those encounters.

GENERAL CHANGES AND BUG FIXES
* There were some instances in which the reticule for ground-target-area-effect abilities was allowing these spells to be cast in areas which were not originally intended. This has been adjusted.

* Several issues have been addressed that previously allowed players to get to locations they were not supposed to be able to reach.

* Players will no longer appear mounted when they are not.

REALM vs. REALM
* Fixed several issues that caused the User Interface to display improper Zone Control information. Objectives and Keep icons as well as the Zone Control bar will now properly display the status of contested zones in Tier 4.

* Tier 4 Zones: Based on player feedback, we have reduced the number of Scenario Victory Points required for Zone Control. Also, Battlefield Objectives and Keeps are now worth more Victory Points, and capturing a T4 zone can be accomplished more quickly than before.

WARHAMMER ONLINE WEBSITE
* The Realm WAR offers many new features to help you stay in the game even when you can't login! Check out the changes for yourself and visit realmwar.warhammeronline.com.

* Fixed Leaderboard Weekly calculations to correctly represent the current leaders. Weekly Leaderboards are calculated every Monday at 5:00 AM EST. Note: removed due to feature requiring further development time.

* Changed Realm War section of the web site to reflect new navigation options.

* Added Realm War selection page with server status and direct links to RvR Racial Pairing pages of each server.

* Racial Pairing pages display current status and level of each city, status of the Tier 4 campaign, and victory point sliders for each zone.

* Added maps of each zone focusing on RvR lakes with the status of each objective and keep, as well as Guild keep ownership, and when the keep was last taken.

* Provided a Campaign status pop-up so players can keep a discrete tab on the progress of the war on their server.

Source

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:58 AM 

The Blackguard will determine if I stick with this game or not. The game is going well and looking forward to some excitement.

Do you unlock a Blackguard for your account or is this unlocked for your server?

I hate being at work when stuff like this comes out. I can't look up anything!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:18 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
It's a pitch to get people to stick it out till December. It's basically a contest to beta test the new classes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:39 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

I've heard it said WAR RvR took a few steps back from where DAoC RvR was a few years ago. More like it took a tumble down a flight of stairs.

War is everywhere. No...War is pants, ring-around-the-roses, avoid-fighting-other-players PvE keep takes for gold bag farming, with a completely broken and crashy end-game. RvR in general was dumbed down about tenfold. Two doors and a keep lord, that's RvR in War. What a pile of crap.

Don't even get me started on class balance issues. Looks like a lead dev plays a BW. It's the Mackey saga all over again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:33 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
BW is far from the top of anyone's list of broken classes

when a level 32 rank, and level 27 renown rank Witch elf can waltz up to

a level 40 , level 45 Ironbreaker and roll him down and and not even

be at 1/2 life, there is some brokeness .

I do admit as far as BW and even more so Sorceress, that the range of their spells is incredibly

and broken as hell far.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:13 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
If a witch elf can beat an ironbreaker, that is the ironbreaker sucking at his class; not the witch elf being broken.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:54 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

you must not play much, and have no idea how OP'd We's are

1 on 1 they destroy any class , ANY class in under 10 seconds flat

Dest players already bitching on boards how they KNOW the WE nerf is coming

they are a dual wield dps class, yet their thrown weapon, THROWN weapon skill can chain crit on you for 200+ repeatedly

so it will be 216, 217, 218, 205.

they have a thrown snare that is so broken, and devs admit , that is completely ignores any classe's snare root immunity

there is a laundry list of witch elf overpowered, and yet their MIRROR class , the witch hunter doesn't even come close

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:07 AM 
Spider Slayer

The only people bitching on WE boards about WE getting nerfed are non-WE's.

It's definitely not chain critting. What you or whoever you heard it from is probably seeing Kiss procs, which do proc off throw dagger. The snare is from the back only and is our only snare, and breaks if we throw another dagger, so you have to be careful and *not* spam it. Spamming it is dumb.

3-5 on 1 I've seen sword and board tanks live upwards of 20 seconds solo. Far from being destroyed in 10 seconds flat. It's not really that hard to *survive*, as a tank. In a straight up fight though, what else do you expect? The witch elf has a tree dedicated to armor ignoring abilities and a main attack that will straight up ignore armor. It can be used in conjunction with feinted positioning and you don't even need to be behind the tank to crit for 1100-1200.

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums ... p?t=194753

If that's the thread you're talking about, he's a 39 IB, not 40. At 40 IBs get Punishing Blow, a movement barb. 1v1 as an IB you stand a significant chance of winning if you CC correctly, pot up, and face them so you get in blocks/parries. I've even seen 2H IBs who manage to time their KB so they get in a second Cave-In and win the fight.

You wanna talk about tank killing? Abso spamming Witch Hunter takes on two Chosen at once then a black orc right after and lives. http://warhammermovies.com/movieview.php?id=1365

The time estimates people give on those forums are ridiculous 90% of the time. "WE killed me in 5 seconds!", well we barely pulled off 3 moves in 5 seconds and one of those was the opener. Never have I dropped someone that fast from 100 to 0 without having 5 blood lust before I got on target, and definitely not tanks.

People still think our epic quest daggers are overpowered and they already got the nerf bat. There's people claiming WE chain proc and posting combat logs that make any experienced WE laugh and the rest of them nod stupidly in agreement about chain proccing! When what they saw was a Kiss being re-applied through the ability, AND procs.

Bitching about 1v1 in this RvR game isn't the best idea either. In groups I get focus CC'd/pain trained before I can say heal. In keep sieges I'm largely useless thanks to pick lock being broken. Generally relegated to picking off stragglers trying to get into posterns or beating on the door while I get electromagneted through/oiled or rain of fired on, cuz 1.2 aoe crits through walls/floors is awesome. Then once the doors are down I hope I'm not caught in the BWs chain ruin and destruction with unlimited targets/no immunity while they rain of fire our raid down. Then if we live that or I avoid it I might take down some healers if I go unnoticed.

Mirror class doesn't mean exactly the same. For your information the snare/root immunity buff that was supposed to go with some classes snare/root breaker has been broken for every class who had it since beta. So whatever dev admitted that was dumb. The breaker itself gets borked 1/10 the time and you're still rooted and it goes on cooldown.

I won't deny that we have the upper hand or sometimes guaranteed victory vs every class 1v1, but its far from true in group play. They focus me because they know I can drop healers through detaunt/shields. They drop every CC they have on me because they know I can double crit/luck proc a BW from 3/4 to zero. They also do it because they know I drop like a cheap whore and can only be kept alive with guard/detaunt/my own defensive morale and two direct healers spamming the fuck out of me.

Throughout the threads I've read and responded to not one "NERF WE" person has come up with solution to how they'd bring WEs into balance other than "Get rid of this, get rid of that." One retard even wants to get rid of all armor ignoring abilities. Yes, an entire witch elf career tree.

Kisses work on the additional damage mechanic, like Frozen Touch. Across the board those types of abilities ignore mitigation of any kind. The same goes for weapon procs. Even though the epic quest daggers were changed to spirit damage they still do an unmitigated 300 damage. That's just how the system works. If you make kisses work on resists, it'd be a nerf vs every class across the board. If you make it work on armor, then we still have armor ignoring abilities. Pierce armor, agonizing wound, sharpened edge, and most WE still pack 25% base armor penetration at 40, and it only goes higher. The nerf to elixir of insane power is minor. We'll still have 75%+ penetration when activated and we'll still have pierce armor or sharpened edge and agonizing wound, so Kisses will still hit everyone but tanks just as hard, and tanks will notice a few dozen damage decrease depending on weapon skill.

So what else, reduce the proc rate of kisses and the only decent tactic we get from our suffering tree?

I can go on but its really getting silly to see this debate here. A good tank stands a good chance 1v1, a WH can beat a WE fairly easily, and in team combat we fall to the weakness every melee does, rampant/chainable/immunity ignoring CC.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:28 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Quote:
you must not play much, and have no idea how OP'd We's are

lol, is this Barrens chat now?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:47 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

o and on my Sorceress rant, its completely logical to have pit of shades their targeted AoE have range enough to reach up to ranged pads on top of a TALL ASS KEEP, bolt spells, and the like understandable

ground targeted AoE's not so much

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:28 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Part of that was due to a targeting bug that was recently fixed. It's likely it was gloom of night or the target based AoE. The ground targeted AoEs should only work from the ramparts now (or rather that's they way they're trying to make it work).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:14 PM 

I play a Swordmaster, I do great in PVP until I see a dual weilding female dark elf then I run the other way. If they do get me its a long fight, maybe a few minutes with them mostly staying at full health.

Offline Profile