It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:16 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So where's the Response?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:33 PM 

Mark Jacobs has disappointed me, it may have been fruitless but, I was very surprised Warhammer has stirred some buzz throughout this week with the WotLK expansion.

Personally i'm seeing declines in population and involvement in the game. Is the temporary due to the expansion or people progressing at different rates as others? Who knows... However, I really enjoy WAR but it is really dependent on the people and their involvement. Right now, it "feels" empty. There is typically one Open RvR area thriving each night, 1-2 people in a PQ here or there, and Scenarioe pops are becoming slower and somewhat boring.

WAR needs to get it together because I want to make it to the Blackguard but, it some attempt at creating some excitement isn't made soon I might as well might the bullet and finally give WoW an honest shot. I did this same thing during the Burning Cursade and then EQII's PvP really picked up so I quit but not viable options are becoming pointless and a waste of time.

MMO's, to me, are fun because of the people. There is nothing new or creative in any of them but nothing is more fun to me than getting groups together and doing something. This is something that came up the other evening, there may never be a day where you know an entire server's worth or people or have your name on a list to get into a group but, games still have communities, guilds, and friends lists. I don't know a whole lot about WoW when it comes to the people but I really though WAR was going to bring people together and work towards something.

Maybe i'm jumping the gun but we live in a time where you don't have to settle for a game because there's nothing better. There are several options out there that seem to be successful. However, find the right fit for someone personally is a totally different subject.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:07 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

EQ1: Xantheus
WoW: Xantheus
Quote:
MMO's, to me, are fun because of the people.

MMO's stopped being fun for me due to the people when WoW came out. There will never be another community like we once had.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:38 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Quote:
Who knows... However, I really enjoy WAR but it is really dependent on the people and their involvement.

Yep, and my old server was dead and had a lot of the issues you listed here. Warhammer needs an active userbase, or its dead in the water. My new server has been very active with open RvR, but I have not been really playing the last few days.

Tonight, and over the weekend I'm going to level up my char some more. I enjoy Warhammer as well, but I'm wondering how the next few months are going to be for the game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:35 AM 
Spider Slayer

There's pretty much just Skull Throne and Dark Crag playing this game the way its supposed to be played. My server is filled with cries of zerging (1.07:1 T4 player ratio) and a demoralized Order. One guild actively comes out on Order side and they honestly make all the difference. Turning what would have been a boring night of crushing the random Order guilds who scraped a warband together into a pretty decent large-scale battle usually hopping back and forth between T4 zones.

Other than that we have penis flappers on the boards screaming at people for not fighting their 3-10 man groups with equal numbers and saying you have no skill until you do. Usually bragging something about 8v8 roaming PvP in DAoC, not realizing all I'm hearing is "useless crap we did in a dead game."

There's also exploiters taking keeps in the early morning with 2-3 people damaging the keep lord without him hitting back. They apparently work with people on Destro to trade the keep back and forth.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:51 AM 

What a dead weekend....

I am praying that maybe they combine some servers or something. Waiting in scenario que’s for 30 min to an hour kills me.

I guess I will finally change the clutch in my car this weekend…..I’m always checking the Herald to see if they will merge servers. I mean, why have 50+ empty servers?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:55 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

It's an expected lull with the new and shiny wotlk out. It'll pick back up. As long as they don't fuck up completely, WAR will stick around with decent numbers for a while

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:50 PM 
Spider Slayer

Most of my guild lost interest well before even the 3.0 patch.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:49 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

WAR requires High/High pop to have meaningful RvR, and MJ is too fucking proud to merge servers.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:37 AM 

Now that we have played around some, I think me and my friends will be rerolling on Skull Throne on Dec. 1st. I am looking very forward to playing a Blackguard and hopefully Skull Throne is more "booming".

Open RvR can be very fun and really the entire premise of the game is fun but it is very dependent on people.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:34 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Daas
WoW: Vuloth
EQ2: Daas
Someday devs will learn that it's better to add servers due to overpopulation than to end up merging servers due to a spread out player base ... especially in games where pvp/rvr is the basis.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:21 AM 
Spider Slayer

I canceled. Been looking for Order to come out and fight since early October. The best they did was take one keep then hold onto it with electromagnet through the door and holing up in the lord's room with 5 BWs aoeing the ramp/through the keep floors for 1200 crit ticks. Even then they still lost like 70% of the time.

Cue patch 1.04, all Order does is farm keeps for gold bags. We try to go fight them, they run off to another undefended keep for lewt bags.

We managed to push to Reikwald fortress one time and the lag was unplayable. People wouldn't load 10 feet away from you. Instant skills would fire off 5-8 seconds after you pressed them. Morales failed to fire at all. 2-5 second CC's lasted 20-30 seconds. It was hardly more than 60-70 on each side and the server choked.

Terrible game.

Offline Profile