It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:35 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:17 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Game Update 1.0.4 is upon us!

We've got a bunch of great stuff inside most notably being the start of our first Live Event: Witching Night!

Wednesday, October 29th at 7:00AM EDT all North American Servers will be brought down to begin the update. Oceanic servers will follow at 9:00AM EDT. We expect servers to be online by 1PM EDT.

Please note that during the first 40 minutes of downtime the Mythic Account Center may be unavailable while it is updated as well.

Enjoy the notes below and we'll see you on the battlefield...WAAAGH!!!

The Witching Night live event has begun! For details, see the Warhammer Online Herald.
With the arrival of 1.0.4 we are now one step closer to offering Character Transfers from low population servers to medium population servers and the final stages of testing have begun. We’re excited to share all the details, keep an eye on the WAR Herald for more information and to find out how you can help us test the Free Character Transfer service in the coming days!
We have added three new guild rewards in the form of dungeon teleport scrolls. Each scroll can be purchased from a guild quartermaster, and is a single-use item that will teleport the player to a dungeon:
Gunbad Teleport Scroll - This reward is unlocked at guild rank 29, and will teleport the player into the entrance lobby area of the Gunbad Tunnels.
Bastion Stair Teleport Scroll - This reward is unlocked at guild rank 32, and will teleport the player into the entrance lobby area of the Bastion Stair.
Lost Vale Teleport Scroll - This reward is unlocked at guild rank 35, and will teleport the player to just outside the entrance to the Lost Vale.
Once a city has become contested, the attacking realm will now have 6 hours to capture it. If the invaders do not conquer the city in that time, the defenders will be declared victorious and the campaign will reset.
Pets set to follow will now path properly to their master, and will no longer teleport instantly to their master's side.
Fixed an issue that was causing pets to stop attacking their current target and return to their master's side. This issue would occur when a pet was ordered to change targets in mid combat, and the previous target subsequently died.
Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause trainer icons not to appear on the minimaps.
The successful capture of an enemy battlefield objective now rewards the capturing players with experience.
In response to player feedback, the amount of renown earned from healing players has been increased slightly.

Source

More information on the The Witching Night event. Nice move placing the PQ's in Open RvR areas! :)

New Conflicts
The constant warfare and the approach of the Witching Night have awakened ancient horrors from their slumber, daring brave warriors from the armies of Order and Destruction to conquer them in the name of glory!

Four new Public Quests will be added to the game, spread across all tiers and pairings. Unlike the game's current public quests, these will be set inside of the Open RvR areas, allowing players to compete directly against each other to earn influence that will earn them rewards offered by one of the new Herald NPCs we'll be adding to the capital cities.

These new public quests are different in two important ways. First, they're located in RvR lakes, rather than in PvE areas. In particular, the locations for the new public quests are as follows:

The Tier 1 Public Quest will be located in Chrace
The Tier 2 Public Quest will be located in Troll Country
The Tier 3 Public Quest will be located in Black Fire Pass
The Tier 4 Public Quest will be located in Caledor
Also, because of the special nature of these Public Quests and the rewards that players can earn by participating in them, the quests will reset less frequently than you might be used to. Expect a few hours to pass after a Witching Night Public Quest is completed before you'll be able to try it again.

The Witching Night

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:49 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Quote:
These masks will be difficult to obtain: one is an Elite-level influence reward and the others are very rare drops on enemy players and the witches and ghosts who will inhabit the land for only this event. All four masks can be worn by each of the game's playable races.

The masks can drop from enemy players. Nice, and I'm looking forward to the blood bath over the next few nights :D I just hope the event is a major hit with players, and people go out to RvR in the new PQ's. This is a good idea to promote world RvR in the future too. Make nice rewards via PQ's in the Open RvR lakes/areas is a good way to get people out of the BG's, and have some fun.

And the new cloaks look very cool too.

P.S. I was in Troll Country last night for the event. It took a while before the Order came out to play (20 mins of waiting around). At first, we outnumbered them, but that did not last long though. The Order had more people, but we had better healing. Go Shaman Powa! I was with two other Shaman, and a few other healer types.

We were able to get the 100 kills, and spawn the Lord. The Lord was killed, and most of us did not get our bags. I won a lesser green, but the Order kept us away from the chest, and it despawned REALLY fast...about one min or so. Much faster than normal PQ's etc. Some people were pissed that they could not get their loots, but it was a blast nonetheless. I do have my first mask tho :) Tonight, I will cont working on getting the Cloak and other mask from the vendor (who seemed to be bugged last night).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:00 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
The distance from which you can loot a PQ chest is unlimited. There's no need to ever fight back to one unless you can't see it. I'm assuming this was in a keep? If so that'd be an awesome change of pace from normal keep fights.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:37 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

The event's PQ take place in the Open RvR Lakes areas, but not the keep itself. It was between the two small bases for both sides, right outside the Destruction Felde base. Well at least the T2 Troll Country did not. I can't comment on the other tiers though.

Offline Profile