It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:15 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RvR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:17 PM 

Well, I finally witnessed why I have looked forward to this game. Xolar had been continually telling me about his RvR experiences each night now that he is doing some T3 stuff.

Finally after hear how fun and awesome the RvR areas were, I decided to get the low down. This was some of the most exciting situations I have seen. It started out as the Order getting a couple of groups together to take a Fortess. (Xolar plays an Engineer on Monolith time to time) Every was going pretty smoothly, they seiged the door down and busted in. They wipe out a few NPC's and think they have it won. They make their way upstairs only to be welcomed by an army of Destro. Running for their lives they encountered a flanking army of destro waiting for them. They are sandwiched and fighting for their lives. Another guild of Order begin charging over the moutain but only to fall at the hands of Destruction.

This is just a brief overview of the events. Apparently this happens every night. I don't know what everyone else has experienced but this looked great and I look forward to this and T4.

Muli

Post subject: Re: RvR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:36 AM 
Spider Slayer

We took a warband to the bridge in Dragonwake and held off about 40-50 Order. Strategically pulled back at one point and bursted forward, knocking many of them off the sides and crushing their force. After that we spent our time blockading the roads into the keep and the few defenders who were there eventually lost to the other warband and a half of Destro that showed up.

Pretty fun, though its lame when an engineer or magus pulls people through the door. Its obviously unintended, and Order claim to only do it after a magus pulls their people through. The problem being some random defender who is obviously either AoEing through the door himself or setting up turrets to shoot through the door serve no purpose other than boosting our healers contribution, while pulling us through the door as attackers means we lose people bringing the door down and anyone manning the ram.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:15 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
If you're a sorc then AoE through the door knocks the attackers back. I could go either way on it. Some keeps have geometry that prevent defenders from hitting the attackers unless they use war machines or abilities over 100 range. Kinda silly if you ask me. Can't figure a reason for it other than to make a keep look more epic.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:06 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
I think Dragonwake is a cool-looking zone. I like all the bridges.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:34 PM 
Spider Slayer

Dragonwake is cool, pain in the ass for questing though. :P Wish that was the music in Dragonwake. Sitting in the warcamp all I hear is the grunting of dark elves as if they're pushing out a deuce with all their might.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:44 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Yea, the guy who made those videos during the Beta (there are videos for each zone) really did a nice job with the music.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:40 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I love Keep raids, and any form of open RvR myself. Muli, tonight should be a lot of fun with the new Open RvR PQ's for the Halloween world event. Make sure you check them out if you can :partyman:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:39 PM 

I'll be late getting online probably. Tonight is a Church night and we are scheduled to do a few youth activities so, i'm looking at 9:00 pm or later before getting online.

I'm looking forward to the RvR, T3 has been a blast so far.

Muli