It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:34 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tome Tactics
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:02 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Ok, so I have been doing some research on Tome Tactics and suffice it to say, there is quite a bit involved.

Quote:
HOW TOME TACTICS WORK:
Several Tactics require multiple unlocks in order to activate. You can tell if you have activated one by going to Rewards ---> Tactics in your ToK. Once you have completed a Tome Tactic, you must go to a Librarian in your capital city to purchase it. After that you may then equip it like you would a Career tactic, except in the Tome Tactic slot.
TIP: For any unlock hunters on open RvR servers, try and get all the unlocks from a zone before you out-level it. The reason is because on open RvR you are flagged for RvR everywhere if you are too high for a zone you will get turned into a chicken as soon as you zone and if the unlock requires you to kill something then your out of luck.
NOTE: Concerning partial Tactics: according to the ToK, when there is a pentagon with a sword next to an entry, it's a partial tome tactic unlock. In order to see this icon, go to (for example): Bestiary ---> Trolls ---> Troll, River ---> O'de Toilet. Partials are based off of how many tactic unlocks there are in a given section (such as dwarves is a section, and beasts is a section). It is not known how many partials we need to unlock any one actual tactic.

I found a few good links that explained more about the unlocks and even had checklists (of sorts).

HERE is a good starting point.
THIS LINK is a document based on THIS THREAD on the Warhammer Alliance boards.

Here's a pretty easy one to get:
Mythical Marking - You deal 5% more damage to all enemy Magical Beast, Dragonoid, and Forest Spirit monsters.

You can get this one by completing these three steps:
1. Kill Tainted Grove Spite - Level 7 (Hero) - Located in Mount Bloodhorn, 9k, 61k until you loot Tained Spite Essence (took me 3 kills.. spawn time is 10-20 mins.. it varies). Loot the Essence and then talk to Hammerstriker Hasher (Order) or Bloody Sun Burner (Destruction).
2. Kill Elorian - Level 16 (regular mob) - Located in Troll Country, 9k.46k
3. Kill Oldbark - Level 24 (regular mob) - Located in Avelorn, 31k, 40k

Anyway, I know it can be confusing so I figured I'd make a post in case we had any Evilundeads who petitioned because they thought their Tactics were broken. ;)

Offline Profile