It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:35 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:04 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warhe ... war?id=301

Nice grace period. 1 day. Friggin ebgames.com hasn't even shipped my copies yet.

Real nice.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:16 PM 
Bridge Dweller

I don't get it... You can't play games until you have a CD key anyhow... Right?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:17 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
The reason its causing a bit of a shock at the moment is because they said (before the start of the CE Head Start) that people who were in either of the Head Starts that had preordered the game online would have a few days "after" the real launch as a grace period before having to enter the CD Keys. This was to give time for the game to be shipped and delivered.

Me personally, I used the cheapest shipping option ($2.99 for 5-10 Business Day) as the weight of the CE made the total for shipping/handling near $15 and I couldn't justify another $20-$30 for next day delivery. So tomorrow morning, I'll be locked out of the game until either late afternoon or Saturday morning (UPS says tomorrow, but I almost never trust them) when I get my box and can enter my CD Key.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:44 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

That does suck =( I didn't have time to head to the store yesterday, so I'll probably pick up my preorder copy today... but seriously it should have been at least 3-4 days grace period.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:19 AM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
Yup, locked out this morning at 7AM.

The fucking Euros get a week to enter theirs, yet we get 24hrs. Absolute bullshit. Thanks for smacking those of us who beta'd your game for over a year in the face.

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:59 AM 
Spider Slayer

Do they not realize people could lose all the time they spent in the head start time to shipping? That's a pretty glaring reason to give more than one day.

I picked two-day. FedEx just says by 4:30 today. I could get a level in that time. :P Guess I'm gonna nap.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:53 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

I did pre-order with pickup at Gamestop.
The little woman picked it up Wed while I was at work.

Hopefully mythic realizes the insult and extends the grace period. They seem quite responsive to the player base. My money is on some evil EA accountant.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:08 AM 

Locked out this morning. Tried again during lunch break. Looks like i'm down. Xolar and I pre-ordered from Amazon. Estimated date is 9/22.

/sigh

Muli

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:22 AM 
Bridge Dweller

I still don't get it, you are upset because you don't have a gap in time where you're playing for free? Nobody gets to play until they have a CD-key. I'm not sure why you're upset -- if anyone is to blame its Funcom, not the places where you bought it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:45 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Just posted by Mark Jacobs:

Folks,

Good, bad or ugly, Mythic has always had the integrity to stand up for what we think is the right thing to do in any situation. I don’t expect everyone to agree but I’ve never intentionally made a decision to hurt the community and/or our players and I don’t intend to start now. For the last couple of days we’ve been dealing with a very difficult and complicated situation. Sadly, there are lots of moving parts and sometimes it takes both a bit of elbow grease to get things working properly. Here’s where we stand right now. As of this morning, we deactivated a large number of accounts and ended the Head Start for our game. At the same time, we’ve been in touch with the retailers, both online and brick-and-mortar, and while we are getting great data on the number of people who will get their game today; there is still a relatively small number of people who won’t be able to get them due to shipping issues (no matter what the issues are, whose fault, etc.). So, after a lot of conversations I’m happy to announce that over the next few hours we are going to extend the grace period for all customers of Amazon, GoGamer and the EA Store till the 22nd of September. Based on the data we have gathered, these companies account for just about all the customers that were concerned about their chance to get into the game today. Thus, if you currently have an account with us, you’ll be able to get back into the game while you wait for your game to be delivered. Of course, all characters are still intact and no billing of any credit card has taken place (it couldn’t, the account still has free time on it) since the accounts were simply deactivated not wiped. We have been assured by all the brick-and-mortar retailers that they got their shipments in the stores already so if you needed to go to a store to pick up your game, the units are in stock everywhere. We will be monitoring the situation closely over the next twenty-four hours of course.

As I’ve said countless times, we will do the best we can in any situation to make it right and I hope you agree with have done so again. I thank the community for its support, especially for this rather thorny problem.

Mark

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:47 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Euros get that little bone because their head starts were fucked up would be my guess..

Protip: Direct2Drive or Wal-Mart.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:54 AM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
That's great.

But what is even greater is that I went to EB to just buy the damn game and return the one from Amazon, and lo n' behold they had a CE there that someone had pre-ordered and canceled. I dropped down my $79.99 and walked out with it. I would suggest to those that really want a CE to go check their EB/Gamestops and see if anyone has cancelled.

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:02 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
That usually happens with CEs. Thats how I scored my Mass Effect and Burning Crusade collectors editions. A local Hastings here still has 3 Age of Conan CEs, a Vanguard CE and 3 or 4 copies of Hellgate London CE locked up in their case. I'll get a pic of them next time I am there. It's sad to see really, especially the lone Vanguard box wrapped up with the security alarm thing. It almost looks like a facehugger on it and my wife always comments on how it just looks to be sitting there, waiting to die.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:15 AM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

xskycrasherx wrote:
I still don't get it, you are upset because you don't have a gap in time where you're playing for free? Nobody gets to play until they have a CD-key. I'm not sure why you're upset -- if anyone is to blame its Funcom, not the places where you bought it.

It was posted that we would have until the 22nd to enter our retail keys. So most of us picked a value shipping option to save the huge costs to ship the CE edition. Launch day they edit the website and say so sorry you only get one day.

So yeah, we are upset at Mythic for changing the stated date. It's not that hard to comprehend.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:37 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
I woke up this morning to check my UPS Site to see where my Warhammer Box was....it said it was 'In Transit'. As I'm looking at the site, I get a knock on my door. It was the freaking UPS guy. I was like "Dude, WTF! I was just looking at the site." He laughed.

This box does weigh a metric fucking ton...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:44 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Yea, they didn't fail to deliver (pardon the pun) with the CE. The books included are pretty nice. The special faces seem pretty weird. Some good, some bad. My Dwarf has a keg in his beard, though, so it was totally worth it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:48 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

see:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:36 PM 
Spider Slayer

The witch elf face has what i can only imagine is supposed to be a red tattoo across her face, but it just looks like a huge rash.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:10 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I made a Swordmaster and the special face (which I assume is for all High Elf males) was a cool blindfold. Illidan lewtz!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:31 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Daas
WoW: Vuloth
EQ2: Daas
xskycrasherx wrote:

Funcom certainly has screwed the pooch in a number of different ways, but I doubt they affected the Warhammer launch/headstart.

Offline Profile