It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:19 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:10 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

If you are interested, there are still some available.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product%5FID=70823

And a note about the headstart with these from Mark Jacobs:

Folks,

I’ve always said that the pre-launch for an MMORPG can be just as chaotic as post-launch. Well, here’s a good example of that in action and in this case it’s good news! Gamestop today put a number of CEs that they still had in their system, up for sale. Thanks to the Vault, yes, I said thanks to the Vault, we found out they were doing so. As you can imagine, we were umm, rather surprised that they had some copies remaining. So, we have been working with them this morning and we are going to give them additional Collector’s Editions pre-order bonus codes (Open Beta, Head Start, and the two in-game bonus items) to cover the remaining CEs. So, if you still want a CE you will be able to get one, complete with all the expected codes for the CE. You will be able to get into the remainder of the Open Beta and of course, the Head Start (starting on the 14th) and get your bonus items.

So, if you still want a CE with all the keys, you can still get them. Quantities are quite limited (these are not new units but part of the original 60K) so if you want a CE and you want to get into the Open Beta and enjoy the full Head Start, get your orders in quickly. How’s that for a nice way to start your day, courtesy of Gamestop and Mythic?

Mark

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:19 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Hrm $30 more + addition $10 handling fee, so $40

I'm slightly interested in the 12 alternate heads, and head start on 9/14 instead of 9/16, but.... hrm

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:14 PM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

it comes out to 103.00 after shipping / tax and the 10.00 fee, so, yeah, I just went ahead and ordered the normal version heh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:23 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Yeah, just throwing it out there for those interested. I think they are sold out now, so that was quick.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:24 PM 
WoW Guru
WoW Guru

If i could have done instore pickup on it then I would have gotten it, but, fuck 50 extra bucks for s/h

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:25 AM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Just incase some one is looking and really values the head start I found some idiot at gamestop today that received a few codes but didn't have a clue. I pre-ordered 3 of them (im using 2).

EA is allowing people to use their CE headstarts and then use normal version retail codes to continue to play. I for one was going to get one off ebay (can argue its dumb all you want but i took 2 monday/tuesday off and I do enjoy getting out in front so /shrug).

I tossed the other one on ebay to try and recoup my costs of pre-ordering 3 other SE's from a different store. I have a buyer but if anyone here wants it for 40 bucks your more then welcome, I told the guy i'd sell it to him tomorrow night (he offered 65). Only offering since I know there is a very limited amount out there (saw ebay sales for fucking 200 with 15 bids today) so figured I'd toss it out to anyone here. Shoot me a pm and we can work it out if you just HAVE to start early. (fin i got yours check your msn)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:01 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Head starts are capped at level 20.

I feel sorry for your buyer. Not because you are selling, but that there are people stupid enough to buy this. Make sure you laugh at them after the paypal clears and remind him how people will be his level in a day anyway.

SOSOLLY.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:04 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Whew, I'm glad head starts are capped heh. That should hopefully give enough time to get people pretty close to where Collector's edition people are when it caps out on release. 2 days enough time for 20 semi-softcore? I dunno, leveling actually seems to take a lot longer than WoW - which I like. Either way, I'm glad there won't be a huge gap =)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:06 AM 
Bridge Dweller

haha, that completely eliminates the point of headstarts.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:16 AM 

Head starts are the new flashy name for paid final beta. More or less you are paying to get a head start on downloading all content to patch you up to retail, and any patches they might sneak in at the last second. It's like that french guy getting out in front of Michael Phelps. Even if someone burns it out and gets 20, they are going to be waiting for everyone else to catch up to do anything worthwile anyway. Complete waste of time.

Even the in game item swag is useless. The ring is gone forever after two uses, unless this was changed as of today. The campfire is very kek. It's a health regen buff, good if you remember to throw it down, but most wont.

Other than that, and name reservations. thats about all it's good for. Pure marketing ploy. Everyone finally figured out that word of mouth is the best advertisement when you have the golden goose. NDAs don't mean shit, "Unless you are in the industry and they will LOVE you if you show them a big Santa list of NDAs you participated in and did not break." and companies will throw out tons and tons of different phases of "beta" and previews. Beta keys are about as hard to get for any game now as gonorrhea in Thailand.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:11 AM 

Quote:
haha, that completely eliminates the point of headstarts.

It's still something over nothing. I don't recall anyone claiming that headstarts were going to allow you to level to endgame and then the rest of the populace to start.

Level 20 still isn't anything to sneeze at in Warhammer. It'll take you a good week or more to level that casually, assuming you do some of the public quests and pvp(which isn't the most efficient way to level straight up at the moment imo, burning through quests seems to be as in WoW). Level 20 headstart along with my open beta for a week for 7 measily dollars? I'll take it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:29 AM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

I have 2 extra CE headstart codes if someone wants them. First come first serve.

Free of course!

Edit: Both have been taken.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:38 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Ended up giving 1 to a friend and sold other for 85. It is rather stupid since they capped them but for me I am going to try to get 2 accounts capped and do enjoy the first few weeks of release of a game when things are still in the "dark" to most the population.

Guy who bought it was a construction guy who had to work most of the week but had the first days off and wanted to not fall back from the masses to much /shrug I guess if you have the money its worth it some.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:12 PM 

I stand corrected.

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums ... stcount=34

Old post but reliable source.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:18 PM 

Indeed. No biggy though, only a handful will get above 20 by launch.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:47 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
Synopsis of this thread: People who are not part of the head start think it's stupid. People who are part of it like the idea behind it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:19 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

Thats good to hear, hope its true. Capping a live start is fucking retarded. The idea of a head start is

A) spread out some of the player base so you don't have 10 billion people doing the exact same thing

B) give a slight reward to those who committed to the game (some might not view starting earlier as a reward but to alot of people it is so /shrug)

Capping it would basically reduce the effectiveness of both these points.

Offline Profile