It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:38 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Open Beta is Live.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:56 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Go, play. Enjoy the legions of bads clogging up the scenarios now.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Open Beta is Live.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:53 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

The 164MB OB patch will take about 5-6 hrs.
After 3 hrs from open, I'm at 50%.

I wish they had allowed a pre-download overnight, and yes, I know it's free open beta with pre-order or $7 fileplanet. Bit torrent sucks, I can download 500MB files in 30 min.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:55 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Lol, jesus. I'm just getting started on patching, I will play Tales of Vesperia in the meantime.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:10 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

EQ1: Kailtor(trex)
WoW: Kaltina - Alleria
so laggy

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:11 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Yeah I played for about 6 minutes then logged out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:18 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
lol way to stick it out!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:37 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Some games just don't grab ya, you know? I'll play later tonight, I'm watching the Cowboys beat some ass right now, ya dig?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:51 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
Been playing all day, very little lag to speak of.

30 min queue times on some servers. Look for another dozen or so to go live soon I'd wager.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:01 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I played a warpriest? On my brothers account for a while. They seem kind of overpowered compared to the other classes I tried.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:15 AM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

It's only been that laggy since open beta started. I hope that they have a lot more servers on release.

Queues last night for our server were only around 10 minutes.

Warrior priests are good but so are the other classes --- for the most part they all seem enjoyable. I like runepriest over warriorpriest myself.

The game feels pretty DAOC-ish, especially the RvR scenarios (that's not a bad thing). I also love how you can level equally as well via pvp versus just pve.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:49 AM 

I played all evening yesterday, Swordmaster Tyrion. Just my first impressions of open beta.

First, I did not wait more than 1 minutes on any queue times but I had to only log in two times.

Starting out is just like anywhere else with the exception of feeling like you have a lot to do. Maybe it was due to me attempting to read up on everything but, when I logged in, I found myself wanting to know where the PQ's where, are these quests just getting me started, why does Destruction have control of Blighted, and where are the scenarioes?

Once I settled down and took some baby steps, I began having a lot of fun. I did two PQ areas and thought that was one of the greatest ideas in MMO history. I've yet to figure out exactly how it works but somehow just being a solo guy I ended up being anywhere from 3rd to 7th contributor and won loot twice.

I did a scenario just to get whooped on but, that was fun as well. Again, still a lot I don't know but had a great time. Wish I didn't have to work today but wanted to save some time for release.

My biggest head scratcher was not seeing much talking. I see very little "ooc" type conversation. Every now and again someone would come over the "1. Blighted" channel and ask where something was located. A common question was about talisman merchants (which I have no idea about).

So far I can see a lot of potential in this game. I can really appreciate WAR's attempt to bring the player base together which I believe has been lost in previous MMO's. I really have no clue what type of numbers it will have a few months after release but I can see it appealing to many types of gamers. So far, I am enjoying the game in its present state moreso than I did EQ2, WoW, and definitely AoC.

Take care,
Muli

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:37 AM 
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll

EQ1: Tarot
WoW: Redfeathers
I've been fucking around in the beta despite pretty much deciding I wouldn't. Go me.

I didn't like it at first, but it's winning me over. Unfortunately I REALLY don't like most of the classes in the game. This isn't to say that they are 'bad' classes or anything of the sort. I just don't really enjoy them ...at least for four levels (or less in some cases where it's obvious looking at future spells this is NOT a class I want to play).

I tried Chaos...I didn't try EVERY class, but the only one I ended up liking even a little was..Squib handler. Oh, I also liked the human chick demon summoner thing...but lack of heals in RvR and being squishy ultimately sucked.

The one class I actually enjoy is Order...archmage. I like being able to heal myself AND be a dpser. I like the seesaw balance between them, though I'm still squishy. I also tried the fire thing, but I was ultimately squish and no ability to heal = died constantly.

All this is RvR, because every class is fine PvE solo :P So for me it's about what role I like in RvR.

Many of the melee classes were very tough in RvR, too much so IMO. I'd see some people occassionally having an entire team beat on them...and live. They were uber buffed (pots I assume?) and it was just retarded. Obviously that's stuff that will get addressed later, I am sure. It will have to be. But this wasn't a constant by any stretch of the imagination. Also Need/Greed loot in RvR has issues. Watching the asshats hit NEED on things they couldn't use got annoying. It's something one would think would be easily resolved by only allowing people to hit 'NEED' if they can actually equip the damn thing.

I've done public quests but seems like the melee always roll near the top and casters not. I've burned the shit out of the boss, and either get agro and die, or have to pot and try to live or do more even dmg. Sometimes I don't even make the top 10 but the encounters were always zerged to hell anyway. And a bit buggy. So ultimately not very rewarding, except in rep. which gave me some rep. rewards.

Game has a lot of potential, and there's things about it I think I'd like for casual play. I can see why so many people are creaming their pants over it. I thought about getting it...but I don't know that I will. It may be something I pick up 6 mos down the road after WotLK has me a little burned out, at which point the game will probably be MUCH more stable.

And with it being 'Warhammer', I don't think they'll be in any danger of not having a subscriber base. Plus it's a good game to boot. So despite Turbo liking it, it won't be a Vanguard.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:51 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
Melee classes look better in Tier 1 because they get defensive abilities up front. They also have far more hps than a mob at their PvE level, so dps'ers are tuned to a much lower relative damage output. As you progress in tiers, they are still very hard to kill but can hurt you less.

I've been playing a witch elf and they can absolutely destroy healers.

Around level 8 the squishies get their first detaunt which helps out a lot. Morale abilities also help to a point. Until the UI is more customizable it's hard to get at everything.

Sarissa Candyangel

Offline Profile