10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
Yep....the NDA is gone, let the flow of information begin.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: NDA Lift
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:09 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Sits waiting for Givin's feedback :prayer:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:16 PM 
Bridge Dweller

The game is a pile of shit. It's not ready for launch and won't be in 4 weeks.

There are still bugs with equipping and swapping armor. I mean, that's a pretty basic fucking thing, lol.

I predict Warhammer will have a life of about 1 to 2 years, and then it'll be declared a complete and total failure. What a let down.

It also pisses me off that it's pretty much an exact clone of World of Warcraft, just a different, shittier story.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:59 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

I'll admit everyone views things differently and WAR isn't for everyone but your review is by far the most negative opinion I have seen about the game and also is almost polar opposite of what I have seen up to this point.

While there is plenty of things left to be finished the game has a pretty damn high level of polish, pointing out a few single issues isn't exactly compelling evidence.

In summary....If you haven't had an oppurtunity to play WAR at any length disregard X's review as it is in fact the pile of steaming dog shit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:17 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Another note is that I hope they plan to rehash some of the textures because everything looks muddy / watered down, and very low poly counts and poor textures. This day and age you should be able to at least produce WoW quality graphics, I'm not asking for AoC level stuff, but come on.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:24 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
The game is pretty much the opposite of everything Skycrasher said. The targeted audience will enjoy it, and the typical mmo gamer will move on. The siege combat is exciting, public quests fun and the game makes no false promises.

Don't have time for a write up, but yeah, just take the opposite of everything dipshit said up there.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:52 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I don't like PvP in MMO usually (I play TF2 for that) but even I like Warhammer Online PvP.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:01 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

xskycrasherx wrote:
Another note is that I hope they plan to rehash some of the textures because everything looks muddy / watered down, and very low poly counts and poor textures. This day and age you should be able to at least produce WoW quality graphics, I'm not asking for AoC level stuff, but come on.

I don't know what piece of shit graphics card you're playing the game on (or if your misguided opinion is based on screen shots), but the game has far better graphics then WoW. I'm running a 9600GT and even on low settings for performance this game looks/feels/plays better then WoW does 99.9% of the time. The only lag I've ever experienced was normal server lag I'd associate with being on a Beta Test server. Also remember that the game still isn't optimized yet, that won't happen until the Head Start Program starts...

Turbo nailed it on the head. There are some small ass things that need fixing, but people need to remember that even WoW had some serious "game breaking" issues at release and many of us who were Beta Testers said the same thing "it won't be ready for release"...well, the bugs got worked out. So if you're reading reviews, I seriously suggest taking everything written with a grain of salt and either participating in the Preview Weekend or Open Beta (if you've been invited to either).

People who've been looking for a real PvP (or RvR in this case) based MMO who're tired of having to play WoW simply because there isn't a decent option available (or those who're still playing AoC, which is basically the same as masturbating with sandpaper) will more then likely like WAR.

To be completely honest, if the subscription fee weren't $15.00 per month I'd have no issues playing both WAR and WoW at the same time. WAR has all the PvR elements I loved from DAoC plus some really good additional things (like Public Quests and the Tome of Knowledge) while WoW still delivers the PvE experience and raiding ability I like. WoW's Honor and Arena system simply doesn't hold a candle to WAR's RvR systems...

In a recent interview, Tigole said that being innovative isn't always important. Basically, he said that Blizzard's priority was to "execute on all systems well -- whether they're innovative or not". Well, if they really feel that way then they could learn from Mythic...because WoW could really benefit from things like the Public Quest system or the Influence system.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:37 AM 

Fires of Heaven have released some great screenshots and Saban is streaming his playtime. Pretty interesting. The game looks solid and more of what I would be looking for in a game. I was desperate for some PvP, since EQ2 trashed their's, and gave AoC a try and sold that account quickly.

Can't wait to see what more people are going to say now that the NDA is lifted.

My biggest question is, what do you do if you are on a server with a guild such as FoH. Will they just dominate and capture everything and you're screwed? What keeps everything balanced to were anyone can take over a keep, city, etc?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:55 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
How are the classes in the game? Anyone want to give a rundown on them?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:08 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

FoH is known for their achievements as a pve guild. I wouldn't expect them to dominate in a pvp game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:33 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Well, I don't know about that. Conquest was a PVE guild that owned serious face in DAoC when they were there. I remember Nalgene laying waste to stuff in the keep raids with his massive AoE damage.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:45 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Turbo likes it. This does not bode well.

Seriously though, I think the biggest hurdle will be making sure the population isn't imbalanced. I haven't heard how they'll address this. I haven't even heard any good ideas on how to address this. Everything else seems like it's been polished well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:47 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Neesha the Necro wrote:
How are the classes in the game? Anyone want to give a rundown on them?

Forgive the comparisons to WoW classes, but they're the easiest to relate to...

Ironbreaker - OK Tank class, have a metric fuckton of HP and take forever to kill.

Rune Priest - Decent Healer, Runes are actually really good (and really annoying if you're fighting against them)

Engineer - So so DPS. Their set back is the engineered things like gun turrets are stationary so you've got to replace them when you move. Their great at Keep/Battlefield Objective defense

Witch Hunter - Are fucking awesome. They come pretty close to WoW Rogues in the fact that they use combo points in a similar way, however their finishers are sweet. Burn Heretic! is a finisher where you pull out a torch and set the enemy on fire, leaving them with a dot thats damage is based on how many combo points (up to 5)...or if you go Path of Confession you get Dragon Cannon, which is an AoE Pistol shot that does amazing damage. I'll likely roll on for my Order character, I had lots of fun testing this one.

Bright Wizard - Glass Cannons are fun, but the backlash from overnuking can hurt...a lot. This is the first time in a long time I've enjoyed playing a pure caster class. Just imagine a WoW Fire Mage whose on speed and blood filled with gasoline...

Warrior Priest - Imagine a healer who actually has the ability to do decent melee dps. The WP is almost like having a Ret/Holy Paladin whose worth a fuck. These guys can survive quite a bit solo and are monster healers.

Swordmaster - While I didn't get to play one much myself, I've heard their ok tanks so long as you learn how their sword dancing works.

Archmage - Personal opinion, they're a bit OP. They can heal like a Warrior Priest without having to be in melee and have some pretty hard hitting spells. Drawback is that they run out of action points fast if they're not careful.

Shadow Warrior - An excellent pure ranged class who aren't pussies in melee. They're great for Keep Defense.

White Lion - As of the last Beta Build, they're OP. Imagine a Rogue and a BM Hunter had dirty sex...the result is a White Lion. Their melee abilities are above average but their Lion pets a fucking tits. Plus, with a Career Tactic (or talent) they can be insta-summoned...all pet classes get something similar, but for WL its pretty much a must.

Black Orc - Awesome tank from what others have told me. Givin played one so he'd be able to give a bit more info.

Shaman - They're a great healing class and one of the better overall. The most damage spells you cast, the better healing gets....the more healing spells you cast, the better the damage spells. Its gets a bit annoying to juggle after awhile, but overall very rewarding.

Squig Herder - To be honest, they need work. Out of the pet classes they're definately the weakest. A lot of the abilities simply don't do anything. Still good to have a few of them around though.

Chosen - I hate tanking and even I loved playing a Chosen. The Aura mechanic is awesome but I always forgot to turn the auras off, so I'd end up chain agro'ing mobs. They've got all the right abilities to make a good tank plus taunt is great....when used on an enemy player it actually forces the player to turn and look at you.

Marauder - I spent the most time playing one. I love them. The Mutations are actually an interesting way of allowing you to play 1 class with 3 different specs all at once. You can do DoTs (Savagery), Direct Damage (Brutality), or AoE (Monstrosity). To be effective, you've basically got to learn how to stance dance between the 3. Naturally this doesn't really matter until the higher end.

Zealot - I really didn't get to play with one for long, so I really can't give a real opinion. Their healing was good enough to keep me alive during raids so they seem ok.

Magus - Another dps with a stationary pet. I really enjoyed my time with one. If you spec for straight damage spells they're pretty damned handy to have around.

Witch Elf - Pretty similar to the Witch Hunter, work off combo points with decent finishers. They've also go elixirs that work as self buffs...I just couldn't play one, felt like a pedo walking around as a near naked elf.

Disciple of Khaine - Like the Warrior Priest, they're a melee healer. They're also damned hard to kill. Messed with one for a little bit and I liked it. If I were to pick a healer, I'd play a DoK.

Sorceress/Sorcerer - Didn't get to play one much, but from what I understand they play very similar to the Bright Wizard...only with Dark Magic instead of Fire.

Obviously this is a really basic rundown, I'm working on a Level 1 to 11 point of view (with screen shots)...just havien't decided which class to do it on as of yet.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:53 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Bzalthek wrote:
Turbo likes it. This does not bode well.

Seriously though, I think the biggest hurdle will be making sure the population isn't imbalanced. I haven't heard how they'll address this. I haven't even heard any good ideas on how to address this. Everything else seems like it's been polished well.

One of the reasons I respect Mythic is that they aren't afraid to create artificial means to balance servers.

One way they plan on doing this is by locking Factions, meaning that if you roll Order on one server you can't roll a Destruction character on the same server (similar to DAoC). Another is that they plan on locking servers with a severe imbalance. Mark Jacobs basically said once "You won't have 3 to 1 population imbalances, we'll prevent that."

It will be an issue to start with for sure, as WAR has the exact opposite issue as WoW (meaning that all the WAR fanboys want to play Destruction, where as the WoW fanboys went Alliance)...but it will eventually be evened out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:02 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

After doing a little research, the classes that I thought I would enjoy were the Witch Hunter and/or the White Lion. After reading your short descriptions, that hasn't changed. heh

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:18 AM 
Bridge Dweller

I heard some stupid asshole complaining that he couldn't see the hair growing on his character. Lol.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:49 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

The "grow" feature was removed during Beta.

Dwarves beards would get longer as they leveled, Orcs would get bigger, Chaos would become more "Chaos twisted" etc etc

They said they may end up putting it back in later, but not being a vital system it was removed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:50 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I'm going to give this game a try once the game goes live. The Open Beta is starting up soon too (September 7th, 2008). It will give everyone a chance to see the game for themselves and see if its worth their time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:58 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

They're not having an "open beta" as far as last I heard. Some other sort of thing, but not the traditional open beta.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:24 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
If the open beta starts on the 7th, and servers go live on the 18th when exactly is the head start?

Sarissa Candyangel

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:50 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

Sarissa wrote:
If the open beta starts on the 7th, and servers go live on the 18th when exactly is the head start?

Sarissa Candyangel

15th.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:41 AM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
Quote:
My biggest question is, what do you do if you are on a server with a guild such as FoH. Will they just dominate and capture everything and you're screwed? What keeps everything balanced to were anyone can take over a keep, city, etc?

It's not PVP it is RVR. Anyone who is Order for example will reap the benefits of the capture or be able to participate in the siege.

For now that is since there are only 2 cities that can be captured...

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:47 AM 
Bridge Dweller

Is FoH even considered an uberguild anymore in the big scheme of things in WoW? They're not really cutting edge are they? Nor are Conquest, right? There's a ton of Euro guilds that are getting world firsts, Nihilum or some such?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:42 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I think any guild that finished the content as it was released is considered an uberguild.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:43 AM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

Neesha the Necro wrote:
I think any guild that finished the content as it was released is considered an uberguild.

I may be mistaken, and hate to be in agreement with Skycrasher, but I don't know if FoH has a Kil'jaeden kill under their belt.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:32 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Pretty much all the people who cared about hard progression in WoW in FOH have long since quit, so yea.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:33 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
Conquest has KJ on farm status

Dalanthas

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:45 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

EQ1: Perpetuo / Bupas
WoW: Proven
The current version of FoH has basically no talent in it.

They just throw hours into an encounter in hopes that eventually it will die.

Half the people in the guild at this point don't even speak english well.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:16 PM 
Bridge Dweller

Yeah but in reality nobody gives a fuck about what you do in a video game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:28 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

xskycrasherx wrote:
Yeah but in reality nobody gives a fuck about what you do in a video game.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. How do people know that FoH even exists if nobody cares?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:09 PM 
Bridge Dweller

People know FoH primarily because of Furor and his relationship with Blizzard, and FoH being his former guild. It's not because they're great players, it's because they're the "Ex-EQ assholes who are ruining WoW because Furor works for Blizzard."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:46 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Nobody gives a fuck about what [they] do in a video game, yet YOU asked about them. Just stop. Please.

Question: Where can I download the beta client? I can't seem to find it on Fileplanet.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:50 PM 
Bridge Dweller

I asked rhetorically. It was more of a statement. FoH and CQ are no longer considered "uber guilds" the same way they were in EQ. End of discussion.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:49 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

FoH is still a talked about acronym because the forums are still heavily active. The actual FoH guild isn't really relevant.

A guild comprised of the FoH community rather than the official guild would be more relevant.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:03 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Neesha the Necro wrote:
Nobody gives a fuck about what [they] do in a video game, yet YOU asked about them. Just stop. Please.

Question: Where can I download the beta client? I can't seem to find it on Fileplanet.

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/wa ... login.aspx

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:42 AM 

On a more related note:

I hear a lot about Chosen aura twisting. Is there any similarity between the gameplay of the Chosen and the EverQuest Bard? Or is it a different feel entirely?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:21 AM 

Guys... did you not read my post? I said a guild "such as" FoH, meaning a guild who once dominated or put a lot of time to whatever they played. I was just asking, if you are on a server or against a realm that has a very impressive and dominating guild, will that just ruin the fun of the opposing side? Or, are there controls in place that makes it possible for either side to strategically take back or balance the scales? Sheesh...