WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warhe ... war?id=173

Quote:
The storm comes September 18th 2008!

Now...lets see what Blizzard does in response, because WotLK won't be ready by then.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:38 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

O_o
Sooner rather than later. Hmm I'm going to need to setup Boot Camp before the game ships. I'm hoping Warhammer is kicks ass, and a lot of fun to play.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:34 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Doesn't this seem a bit soon? Only a month of a relatively open beta? This is starting to look like another Vanguard/Age of Conan early release in the making. I hope I'm wrong, it's just that it doesn't sound like this game is close to fully fleshed out yet.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:59 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
NDA lift is coming within the next week, plus it was revealed that anyone who preordered the Collector's Edition is getting into Closed Beta next week.

August 15th, all preorders (CE and Standard) can start entering their Open Beta/Head Start/In Game item codes on the new account management website. Open Beta is level capped at 20 and probably won't last anymore then 2 weeks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:23 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
My early prediction is that there will be a lot of people disappointed with the game, but only because they set themselves up for it. It isn't the WoW killer. Everyone that posts here knows that. A lot of people that are tired of WoW, who played it as their first game will look at it like we looked at DAoC and AO back in the day. And they will have the normal reaction of "Why isn't this more like WoW" just like thats all we had to compare those other games to EQ. Normal stuff.

But, of the current big mmos out there, it will enjoy the number 2 spot easily if they continue on the road they are currently on. It will be very niche, but the amount of refinement they have done to an already winning formula is astonishing. It wont meet that WoW PvE bar, but it sure as shit will set a new standard that everyone has to meet in reguards to PvP gaming.

Also again, Boiling Oil.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:18 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
ok, hoping to avoid the same shit that people did with AoC early game entry,
entered my open beta ccess code in my beta account ,

but I wait to enter the early access and in game items in the regular mythihc account when it goes up or can/do I enter it also now in my beta account ?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:30 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
Quote:
But, of the current big mmos out there, it will enjoy the number 2 spot easily if they continue on the road they are currently on. It will be very niche, but the amount of refinement they have done to an already winning formula is astonishing. It wont meet that WoW PvE bar, but it sure as shit will set a new standard that everyone has to meet in reguards to PvP gaming.

Yeah I wish everyone had that thought process.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:55 PM 
Cazicthule Bait
Cazicthule Bait

I'm always a big fan of longer is better (NOT THAT CAK~!) with regards to beta testing but they have pushed the game back a few times already and it has no way near the amount of obvious bugs and exploits VG/AOC had upon release.

A few things here and there like the occasional PQ fuckup and one or 2 retarded spots in PVP scenario's that you can basically snipe out of (king of the hill for instance up in the tree) but with such a large influx of testers and another month of time to flesh out fixes it will appear extremely polished to anyone that has went threw AoC/VG start ups.

That being said they are still reworking some classes that I wish they would spend abit more time testing out. But as we all know class balance is a never ending struggle. At the moment freaking tanks are just retardly bad ass in most pvp situations. Ranged dps feels abit lacking but we are supposed to get a bump before release.

I haven't gotten to the top tiers yet to see some of the pve places that some are claiming are pretty awesome but I agree that this won't come close to a WoW following without a very good PVE game to compliment the pvp.

I did particpate in my first siege on a keep and some large battles where we had 50+ of us wading into war against a whole slew of order guys surrounding a flag point....it was the first time I have ever really done epic pvp and that is definitely abit of a change and a rush. Best thing was I hardly had any lag which is amazing considering how many people were packed that close. I love me some AE action!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:19 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

I hope this is decent... My mom gave me $100 at Amazon.com for my birthday and I preordered this and WotLK. Guess I'll eventually have to choose who to give money to every month.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:14 AM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

EQ1: Sarissa Candyangel
WoW: Sarix
I just saw a video of a goblin doing the Curly Shuffle. If that makes it into release consider me sold.

Sarissa Candyangel

Offline Profile