It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:01 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: State of the Game?
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:45 PM 

Where is WAR right now? They don't seem to be adding many testers at the moment. I think I read they sent out a lot of invites around AoC opening day.

I really want to believe in this game but I have yet to get any concrete reviews (maybe due to the NDA). However, it does appear to have a WoW appearence with some DAoC gameplay. I just wonder if it will distance itself enough from what has already been done regardless if it is truly as similiar as it seems.

Post subject: Re: State of the Game?
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:56 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
I haven't gotten an invite personally yet (although I've got a games day code on my beta account) but I do know that they did in fact do another wave of invites the day of AoC's launch. What I do know is that on the next phase of Beta, Mythic is going to invite All Contest Winners and Games day Attendees who've entered Beta Key Codes on their accounts whose system requirements are up to par (which of course we don't know exactly what those requirements are right now due to NDA).

As for the game itself, I'm hoping Mythic is putting their time to good use and creating something both new and familiar at the same time. I loved DAoC and I think Mythic did a great job at it so I'm putting my faith in them to make WAR at least above par when compared to DAoC. I've heard some people mention that it looks like WoW and has similar combat mechanics, but that doesn't really surprise me. For all WoW's flaws, there are quite a few things Blizzard did very very well on and emulating a few of those things couldn't hurt.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:04 PM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
They have some really intersting ideas for PvP balancing of tank, healer and dps classes. I'm really looking forward to seeing this game when it's closer to a finished product.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:14 AM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

Khameir wrote:
(which of course we don't know exactly what those requirements are right now due to NDA).

At least for the moment, think of WoW's system requirements.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:56 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Khameir
WoW: Khameir
Rift: Khameir
EQ2: Khameir
LoL: Khameir
SWOR: Khameir
Yeah, at the recent Games Day in Baltimore some of the devs did a Q&A...and that question was asked. What they said pretty much reflects that You won't need a super computer to run/play, so any computer put together within the last 3-4 years should be able to run it fine.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:30 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Assuming that WH foes what AOC did - that is, pretty good but not the "next thing"... What's the next great hope after WH?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:46 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
The Americanization of the rang rang mmo. You'll have Lineage 3, Ragnarok Online 2 and Guild Wars 2 coming out the pipe. Everything else seems to be halfjap in make and feel as well, just not backed by at least well known IPs such as Aion, or perma-vaporware such as Darkfall.

The future does look bleak.

The only one I am watching with any interest is Jumpgate:Evolution. If it can deliver fun space dog fighting PvP with super controls of Descent:Freespace, we have a winner.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:02 PM 
Train Right Side!
Train Right Side!

joxur wrote:
Assuming that WH foes what AOC did - that is, pretty good but not the "next thing"... What's the next great hope after WH?

The other MMO that Blizzard is working on, be it Diablo, Starcraft or an entirely new universe.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:30 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

EQ1: Kailtor(trex)
WoW: Kaltina - Alleria
Givin Wetwillies wrote:
The Americanization of the rang rang mmo. You'll have Lineage 3, Ragnarok Online 2 and Guild Wars 2 coming out the pipe. Everything else seems to be halfjap in make and feel as well, just not backed by at least well known IPs such as Aion, or perma-vaporware such as Darkfall.

The future does look bleak.

The only one I am watching with any interest is Jumpgate:Evolution. If it can deliver fun space dog fighting PvP with super controls of Descent:Freespace, we have a winner.
I am supremely interested in Jumpgate: Evolution. I hope they can pull off a game bigger than 20 people online at a time. The original Jumpgate was a great game, but unfortunately no one played it. :/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:21 PM 

I reactivated my DAoC accounts in hopes of increasing my odds of receiving a beta invite for War Hammer....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:29 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

Couple of new Warhammer videos showcasing the Chaos Chosen and the Inevitable City(the Chaos capital):

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/748723/wa ... 62008.html

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/748723/wa ... 62008.html

I've got some friends in the beta and they said the last few patches have improved things a lot and they believe the game will be good, polished and ready by the October predicted release date. I was able to play it for about an hour total at the Baltimore Games Day and I have to say even there in a not-finished state, the RvR combat was very, very fun and all 6 of my friends highly agreed. Even a lot of the naysayers on the SA forums are turning around in the past month or so. Eagerly awaiting this game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:07 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Oh ok. The city in the videos looks very cool. It reminds me alot of Vanguard (which is a good thing city wise). Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Warhammer.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:28 PM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

Its WoW with a heavy PVP focus and slow combat, basically.

They ARE lathering on the polish it seems, though and honestly trying to get a "finished" (or as much as a MMO ever could be) product out.

Now if they'll work on the trash animations and combat speed so there is actually a rhythm to game play...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:47 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
One key thing that bothers me so far about the game is player/NPC labels.

They are very generic looking. EQ2 and WoW have done a much better job with labels. Warhammers feel more like Anarchy Online or Age of Conan.

Offline Profile