biz.yahoo.com/bw/060620/20060620006061.html?.v=1<
>
<
>
A sure fire way to signal to anyone that you are doomed is to sell out to EA.<
>
<
>
It's a shame Warhammer never got to be born. And I mean the Warhammer that could have been, not what will be the afterbirth seeping down the corporate leg of Electronic Arts.<
>
<
>
I suspect what little leg DAoC had to stand on just fell out from under them.<
>
<
>
A long list of gaming fatalities, that only grows due to a company that lost its light to produce quality gaming years ago, and sold its soul to the allmighty dollar. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:29 AM 

I don't follow most game companies survival or not, and I couldn't tell you jack and shit about EA or it's bottom line, or the quality of it's games, seems to me last I checked(and that hasn't been recent) all they did was make a lot of sports games(which, I personally, could not give a sh*t about).<
>
<
>
Like I said, I know next to nothing about them, obviously. But I have heard murmurs somewhere of them buying stuff, and a lot of exclusive rights, so along with this purchase . And this ... "In fiscal 2006, EA posted revenue of $2.95 billion and had 27 titles that sold more than one million copies."<
>
<
>
Is this company actually doing that bad? Is it on the death bed gasping it's last, or is it a case of people nay-saying the company while it's going on it's merry way scooping up money like Uncle Scrooge?<
>
<
>
Don't get me wrong. You might very well be right. that could be a 10th of the normal revenue it usually makes, but if it's not, if it's par for the course, or even better than usual....? But from an OUTSIDE, unknowing, perspective; it sure seems to be doing fine to me.<
>
<
>
Who's to say they won't keep Warhammer Online going and put it out? After all, that cr*p Turbine calls DDO came out, and is still alive, right? <i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:06 AM 

They've killed Westwood and ruined lots of other games. They buy up developers and take the games they're working on and then close the studios. Marauder Harabakc Goat<
>
<
>
<
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:07 AM 

Quote:After all, that cr*p Turbine calls DDO came out, and is still alive, right?<
>
<
>
I liked DDO.<
>
<
>
*shrugs* <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:16 AM 

it'll be a wait and see, they have past history but who knows what will happen<
>
<
>
love the humor in the trailer though <i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:49 PM 

Sigh. I was really looking forward to Warhammer and was looking to it as something to play after WoW, now that Sigil has been bought out. Fucking EA. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:44 AM 

Well I played the demo for Warhammer 40k the RTS or whatever it was and it was an utter pile of steaming dog crap. I hope that game wasn't indicative of what this game might have become, with or without EA's help. <i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:03 AM 

From everything i've heard and saw, its a darker World of Warcraft. Almost plays identical, right down to the interface.<
>
<
>
Designed to be a mass scale 100% PvP game based on world objective, ala Shadowbane with a twist. While on the outside, this sounds bland and boring and already doomed to be a carbon copy of everything else already out there, the world if done properly would more than support this venure. The sheer amont of class possibilites alone is amazing if they went that deep into the Warhammer universe.<
>
<
>
Warhammer Orcs make their WoW universe counterparts look like Amish schoolkids. <
>
<i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:12 AM 

'Ere we go! 'Ere we go! 'Ere we go! 'Ere we go!<
>
>
>
Through the Universe!<
>
>
>
>
Don't know where till we get there!<
>
--Orkish Raiding Song, 1st Edition<
>
<
>
Orks kicked ass. I had an Ork army based on the characters found in Grunts by Mary Gentle. It was very amusing. <i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:46 PM 

EA just handed out 16 million dollars to disgruntled employee's that sue'd them for if I recall labor issues (working 80 hrs a week without OT etc) <i></i>