Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hi Miggent.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:45 AM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
That looks good for HD, I wonder what video card / HD / Process / Ram you need for that! :D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:24 PM 
I've pwned over 300 times!
I've pwned over 300 times!

Is Miggent someone in this video?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:20 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
Yes.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:25 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

EQ1: Xantheus
WoW: Xantheus
Adam Hetenyi is Miggent in the video, but they spelled his name wrong.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:39 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
What a bro, glad he's doing well. Maybe I'll play his game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:51 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Anyone else think that zone has a striking similarity to Tower of Solusek Ro? =x

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:14 PM 
We Have Cookies!
We Have Cookies!

EQ1: Cakvala
WoW: Cakvala
LoL: Cakvala
Now that you mention it, it kind of does!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:14 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

EQ1: Xantheus
WoW: Xantheus
Or a resemblance to Molten Core, at least at the beginning.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:54 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

What up bros! I fell out of touch with you guys after I left SOE, I'm a huge jerk because I never installed IRC here ;(

Infernal Dawn, the zone in question, just opened this week. This is the first raid released since I was promoted to the Instance team lead and I must assure you that it's ballin' out of control. You gentlemen should come do some dungeons and raids in Rift, see what I've been doing for the past 3.5 years! You won't be disappointed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:24 PM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
I wanted to get in the raid game but just couldn't find a raid group that I could put up with. Probably just as well too. I'm about to start my MFA and I don't even have time to raid casually in WoW even.

I do keep up with all the news tho!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:00 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Hmm I liked the video and some of the new features of the game. I quit Rift a long time ago, but maybe it's time to give it a try again. I loved it until the max level

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:48 AM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
What server is everyone playing on? I logged on today to find I have to transfer due to Belmont being a Trial server now.

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 PM 

I'm with Xkhanx, what server is everyone on? I don't know why I didn't play this game when it came out, maybe I was still playing EQ or something.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:00 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
I'm on Greybriar

Dalanthas - Warrior

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:18 PM 
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!
Uh, I mean EZboard Sux!

Once you hit 50 you'll want to do a little Abyssal Precipice and/or Charmer's Caldera (level 50 Standard dungeons) and then get rolling in Experts. The LFD tool gets you dungeon queues pretty quickly, faster if you feel comfortable playing different roles and have your different specs set up. There are also "pre-made" builds to help people get acclimated to new playstyles without having to put together an unfamiliar build from scratch. As a mage, I queue as dps, healer, and support, so I get LFD pops pretty fast. About half of them have me playing healer as Chloromancer.

There's dailies/weeklies for raid rifts, expert rifts, slivers (10-man raids), and full 20-man raids located at Abbess Katia (or something similar) for Guardians and Raj Tahleed for Defiants.

If you haven't played for a while, you should also check out Ember Isle. It's a large 50+ zone that we released in 1.6. The base mobs can sometimes be a little rough for a fresh-50 solo player though.

Instant Adventure is a fun feature as well! And we just put in Fishing. We add shit all the time bros. Come play Rift.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:09 PM 

I just installed it, free until level 20? I will check it out for a bit since I finally got my 40 year old car running good, I have some spare time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:21 PM 

One thing I hate is the whole coin lock system. I understand why it's there but I've had nothing but bad experience with it. And now that I think about it, was the ultimate reason I quit.

I recall two times it was intentionally turned on. Once when it was first introduced, and second after Trion got hacked. Both times I had the worst experience getting it removed. Actually the first time was the only time I got it unlocked.

The second time I just got so pissed off at it, I reset my password to something I would never remember *face to keyboard smash 5 or 6 times" and said fuck it.

No matter what email I set my account to, it would never send me an unlock code. I tried everything. I white listed everything from trion. I changed email from my secure school email that could have been blocking it for no reason to a shit gmail spam account. Nothing worked. I would never get the unlock code no matter how many times I told it to resend the code.

And that is my story about why I quit Rift.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:32 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Tranthas
WoW: Niali
It sounds like the coin lock was the ultimate marketing tool. Any spam they send you would waft right through now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:49 AM 

EQ1: Ekilam
WoW: Xinge
Rift: Xinge
EQ2: Xinge
My problem with rift is end game. I love to raid and a returning player has little luck getting into a good raid guild. Most guilds are looking for members but they want you to have gear at least from the previous raid tier. Kind of hard to have that when nobody raids the old stuff anymore lol.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:58 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
Not really true at all on my sever at least, GSB/ROS/DH/GP are all tier 1 raid instances, and they are all pugged on the weekend, its very easy to get geared, in fact you can just run instances and get enough tier 1 marks and even tier 2 marks of ascension to get yourself geared for hammerknell fairly quickly.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:08 AM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
Transferred last night.

Santoku - Warrior

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:27 PM 

Coin lock is still dumb. And now there is no way to change your email address via their website. I just want to come back and play the expansion and check out all the cool stuff I missed. I don't want to call Trion every time I log in from another IP or when some security change is made.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:36 AM 

In the past two months playing Rift, I had to log in from Japan, Laos, Thailand and Hawaii. I lived in each place for a few weeks at a time....what a huge pain in the ass with the coin lock system.

What server are you guys on? I play on Greybriar, because I thought everyone was on that server...I'm a guardian warrior named Creepingdeath.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:34 AM 

Either of you use an authenticator? Would imagine that it would get rid to the need for a coin lock if you are able to provide the secure code.

Also i reactivated my account over the weekend and started up a 2nd account so i could box a healer. Got tired of eq2 causing my new 680's drivers to constantly fail when i played. Have to say its nice to still get 60+ frames in rift with everything turned high and superscaling on. They did a great job with the zones details.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:50 PM 

EDIT: Authenticator and coin lock are two separate things that have nothing at all in common with one another. Getting an authenticator will not stop you from getting coin locked.

I'll just have to find time to call them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:41 PM 

So i decided to reactivate my rift accounts and had an issue with one. Last year i had an email hacked and the asshole got hold of my eq2 and rift accounts tied to them. Wasnt aware at the time they were since i wasnt olaying them at the time due to burn out with MMO's.

The eq2 account was easy to get the ban lifted. The rift account not so much. I passed the verification stage now im waiting on engineers to reset the email and give my account back to me. Guy on the phone told me that some folks had to wait a month to get their accounts back. No two boxing til next week i guess (.

Btw givin you were right with the authenticator not being the answer to coin lock. BUT i asked the account rep about it and he said you can call rhen and have the IP verification set to where its not as tight on different IPs. The rep said they do this for military personel who are deployed and are always playing from different locations.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:05 AM 

Lich Ekilam wrote:
BUT i asked the account rep about it and he said you can call rhen and have the IP verification set to where its not as tight on different IPs. The rep said they do this for military personel who are deployed and are always playing from different locations.

Ug....I need to do this. In August and September, I will be in Thailand for a week, Korea for a month and the Philippines for a few weeks.

On Greybriar...still....are you all Defiant or something?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:47 AM 

Lich Ekilam wrote:

Btw givin you were right with the authenticator not being the answer to coin lock. BUT i asked the account rep about it and he said you can call rhen and have the IP verification set to where its not as tight on different IPs. The rep said they do this for military personel who are deployed and are always playing from different locations.

I did this as well. The guy I spoke with also found a problem with the 2nd email that I had used previously. Apparently it was tied to a very ancient beta account which was interfering with the whole coin lock procedure. Got that all fixed and he stayed on the phone while I actually checked to make sure coin lock would go through. Then he did set the restrictions on my account to a lower setting for it since I travel. Whole process took maybe 20 mins, 15 of that was probably us bullshitting about Everquest while I fucked around making a new email to change my account to. He gave me a free month for my troubles and I was on my way. Their live support is leaps and bounds better than their online version. Probably the reason they got rid of the online email change in the first place.

Starting a new job next week and I finally get the time to play something again. It was going to be this or DDO. As to not disappoint Neesha, I picked Rift, even tho the DDO Underdark expansion looks pretty cool, and Free to Play DDO is still really fun. Squink and I are playing with GoonSwarm on Deepwood. The expansion shit looks really cool and the new features they patched in the other day are pretty boss. I enjoy the Instant Adventure zone queue thing. Couple that with mentoring and it's a great way to level compared to grinding quests. Haven't tried the Conquest PVP yet but it sounds fun.

The only really thing I don't like about Rift is the 50 gear progression so far. They have badge gear syndrome like WoW used to have where there are 4,000 different forms of currency. You really have to be careful and plan out what types of marks you go for to get the best use of your time. After about 10 mins or so of vendor surfing it was pretty easy to understand tho.

I don't craft. Join a guild. Buy mats/harvest mats and use one of the people who did if you want something made.

I need to get a spider mount. They look awesome.

So yeah, game is good. It will probably still be good when I quit for whatever reason because pretty much every little thing that bothered people early on is completely gone, replaced by crazy amounts of quality of life improvements.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:24 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
I am not disappointed. Thank you, sir!

Offline Profile