PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:31 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
My thoughts on week one (so far)

Pittsburgh - Baltimore: Steelers got out-played from the coin-flip. They looked like they were still playing a pre-season game when the Ravens came out to send a message. Message rec'd: Steelers are going to be looking up at the Ravens all year.

Dallas - NY Jets: Jets offense was highly inefficient until the 4th. Defense looked good but they don't win that one if Romo doesn't throw up all over himself late in the game.

New Orleans - Green Bay: was it that the offenses are that good or the defenses that questionable? Lots of points scored here. Saints can be good, Green Bay is good. We might see this match up again late in January.

Carolina - Arizona: Cam threw for 422 yards. From what I saw of this game Cam took every snap from the shotgun and was basically running what he ran at Auburn (great coaching move by Carolina with the limited time to get Cam running an NFL offense). Cam would take the snap, hold the ball and wait for someone to get open then throw the ball. Looked like sandlot football. Arizona didn't help matters by just blitzing him on most plays. After teams get a chance to look at this film I don't see Cam to repeat this type of performance

Minnesota - San Diego: what an UGLY game. San Diego needed this win after so many first game and early season flops in the past. Maybe they were pressing in the first half, but they didn't look good. McNabb showed why he isn't in Washington/Philadelphia. That was B A D.

St. Louis could be the snakebit team this year. How many players did they lose to injury game one? Looked like my fantasy team (yet none of the injured guys were on my team).

Detroit deserved that win (after getting screwed last year). They looked OK, but waiting on the news about Stafford's leg. Looked ugly after that 2nd Megatron TD.

Will Indy just decide to punt this season to try to get Andrew Luck? Collins looked REALLY OLD out there. I bet Indy is working the phones this week to get someone else to QB the team (unless they decide to go the Operation:Luck route)

NINE rushing attempts for Chris Johnson? Is that how you reward your highest ever pay player? Wow.

How the hell does Cincinnati beat Cleveland? I thought the Bungles were the team without a clue this year. Looked like Cleveland couldn't beat anyone with that performance. Colt McCoy was running around trying not to get killed all day and didn't complete a pass that was more than 15 yards down field.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 2011 NFL chatter
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:48 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
on Cam Newton, as I've compared him to since day 1, Randall Cunningham had some really nice stat games against some really crappy defensive teams too !!, lets see how he does against GB this week, imo he'll need to throw for 600yds for the Panthers to have a chance, Carolina's Def, was very bad before they lost Jon Beason for the year. they finish 4-12 at best IMO

Atlanta Atlanta Atlanta, I know Chicago gets a tiny bit underrated, but Atlanta gets so over-hyped, but C'MON MAN !!!, yeah stats weren't bad, but when do we have to stop hearing about how E L I TE Matty Ice is ?? and how he is in the same category as Brady, Brees, Manning and Rodgers, he's a glorfied game manager (imo) a younger and slightly more talented Trent Dilfer and always will be, I know it was one game and they'll have a good season, but its time to stop beating that dead horse.

NO vs GB- classic 1st game of season, offenses were fantastic and will get better and defenses were pretty meh but both are better than they showed still think they are both in top 3 of NFC teams along with Philly, clearly both GB and NO can beat you by throwing up 35-40 pts a game even if their defense is not playing well.

On Chris Johnson, his coach had already stated on Friday presser that he would get 10 maybe 15 touches TOPS, so not a huge surprise there.

NY vs Dal..... four words NOMO ROMO GOTTA GO !!!!

Indy would be smart as hell to tank the season and get Andrew Luck :skewl:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:49 AM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
yeah, for Atlanta and Matty Ice to move into the top tier of teams/QB's they will need to win more road games. Yes they are pretty good at home, but they are a totally different team when they get out of the ATL.

Did ya chuckle a little bit when Eli was outplayed by REX GROSSMAN?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:30 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
krby71 wrote:
Detroit deserved that win (after getting screwed last year). They looked OK, but waiting on the news about Stafford's leg. Looked ugly after that 2nd Megatron TD

He just had cramps, nothing serious. Several people had them throughout the game.

Offline Profile