It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:09 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:18 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

October 2009 will be a great month for post season baseball! ESPN.COM is already calling the American League teams for the playoffs.

The Yankees, Angels, Tigers and the Red Sox.

Round one:

Angels vs. The Red Sox
The Yankees vs. The Tigers

The Tigers should not get past the Yankees, but my Angels might have a lot of trouble with the fucking pos Red Sox again :evil:

If the Angels get past the Boston team, they should have no issues with the Yankees for the most part. For some reason, Red Sox beats down my team.

As for the National League, we have St. Louis, The Dodgers, Rockies and The Phillies.

Round one:

St. Louis vs The Dodgers
Rockies vs The Phillies

I would love to see The Dodgers own St. Louis, but I'm thinking that won't happen. Now, the Rockies vs the Phillies would be interesting. I think Philadelphia will take the series.

ESPN.COM has not really called the National League just yet, but who know if these teams will make it to the playoffs or not. Texas is only 5 1/2 games behind the Angels right now. Anything can happen with COL and the LAD too. The Yankees have their Division wrapped up and then some. No matter what, this October will be awesome for baseball fans!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:35 AM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

I'm going with the Angels to win it all this year. Since the Twins (my team) have had so many issues with pitching and injuries I am a fairly unbiased observer for these playoffs. The Yankees can be counted on to choke. The Red Sox are indeed the biggest issue for them. The Dodgers seem to be playing fairly spotty at the end of the year. I could see the Phillies making it. So I guess Angels vs Phillies with the Angels winning.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:38 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yeah I agree with the Angels vs Phillies for the World Series. Boston is the only issue in the Angels' way atm. Looks like the Red Sox umpires were behaving last night! No pos calls that cost the Angels the game this time.

I can't wait for the playoffs to start soon :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:37 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
Born and raised in Detroit, so you obviously know who I am rooting for :D

Offline Profile