It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:58 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:49 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

EQ1: Xantheus
WoW: Xantheus
I was working some so I didn't catch all of the games, so I may be off on some of this.

Florida - As expected, demolished their warm-up team. I'll reserve judgement until I see them play someone worth playing, but they look strong right now.

Texas - Colt McCoy continues to excel and the offense is great. Defensively, how do you let UL Monroe score that many points at home?

Oklahoma - Big loss. If Bradford is out for any length of time, they're screwed.

USC - Barkley looks pretty good. Definitely a force to be reckoned with and they should go to 3 next week. I would almost put them at 2 with the way Texas Defense was, but we shall see.

Alabama - I didn't think McElroy's play was as good as some people gave him credit for. Virginia Tech is no slouch, but that SEC defense is supposed to be better than they displayed.

Ohio State - They're screwed next week. Navy does have the ridiculous triple option offense which makes them interesting to play, but the Buckeyes should have run away with that game, not barely won on a horrible choice of play on a 2 point conversion.

Oklahoma State - I guess the SEC defense wasn't more than they could handle. They look pretty damn good and having Texas at home is going to be an advantage. The big question in their season isn't even on their team, it's Bradford's status.

LSU - Did they leave their all-powerful SEC defense at home this week? I wasn't impressed.

Boise State - They got by their one tough opponent for the year. Now they'll run the table on their cake schedule and be crying at the end of the year when they don't get the BCS Championship berth. The guy who did the taunting should get a one game suspension, but getting knocked on his ass with one punch was pretty funny.

Notre Dame - Nevada isn't a BCS contender, but they're also not a FCS team or a team that lost every game last season. Given that, the Irish showed that they have a good team this year. Clausen is improving nicely and they do have two of the better wide recievers in the game. These next three weeks will really give them a chance to get a boost in the ratings with Michigan, Michigan State, and Purdue. They get what should be a fairly easy win at Washington and then the big showdown with USC. I'm not holding my breath on that one, but we shall see.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:24 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
Fuck the Sooners, thank you for losing. Now Texas just needs to drop an easy game badly and I'll be able to enjoy college football comentary.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:16 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

Quote:
Florida - As expected, demolished their warm-up team. I'll reserve judgement until I see them play someone worth playing, but they look strong right now.
I'm a big UF fan. Preface that with anything I post about UF. Anyway, everything was about as I expected too. I will say that Jeff Demps could be outstanding this year, if he can take the punishment and be consistent.

Quote:
Oklahoma - Big loss. If Bradford is out for any length of time, they're screwed.
Two losses in a row for Stoops. Even with Bradford out, they should not have lost that game. It's too bad, too, because the storyline with Florida/Texas/Oklahoma was a good one. The storyline with three returning Heisman finalists was an awesome one. And the storyline of Texas getting revenge for getting the shaft last year is suddenly diminished.

Quote:
Oklahoma State - I guess the SEC defense wasn't more than they could handle. They look pretty damn good and having Texas at home is going to be an advantage. The big question in their season isn't even on their team, it's Bradford's status.
I enjoyed this game - I usually root for the SEC but I hate UGA. Don't judge the SEC by Georgia - they always have a game or two where they don't show up. Having said that, I think OSU is a great team, and it's nice to see a new team on the radar.

Quote:
LSU - Did they leave their all-powerful SEC defense at home this week? I wasn't impressed.
yeah, I'm with you. I really don't know what to think about the conference this year. Lots of unknowns, lots of new QBs. It will be a fun year.

Quote:
Boise State - They got by their one tough opponent for the year. Now they'll run the table on their cake schedule and be crying at the end of the year when they don't get the BCS Championship berth. The guy who did the taunting should get a one game suspension, but getting knocked on his ass with one punch was pretty funny.
The replay was the best part. He got clocked right after the taunt, while turning his head with a sneer and BAM. Blount is a fucking thug, but I don't feel too bad for the kid diong the taunting. It's one thing to run your mouth on the field, and it's somewhat understandable to rub it in after Blount's comment that they were gonna "whup their asses", but still.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:55 PM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
Notre Dame - over-fucking-rated. Nevada had the WORST pass D in the nation last year (yeah yeah that was last year but still) ND should NOT be ranked, they have a schedule that belongs in the bakery section (full of cream-puffs and cupcakes).

The Ohio State University - was it a case of looking bad or looking ahead? Still doesn't look good for the buckeyes.

Florida, Texas, USC - wins as expected.

I am pissed that Oregon lost to Bosie St. Screw them and that God-awful blue turf. Play a real schedule.

Georgia was over-rated to start the season. Losing your QB as the #1 draft pick and one of the top overall drafted RB's and you have to huge holes to fill. They will be good by the end of the year but shoudn' have been a top 15 team to start.

LSU looked like they were sleepwaking

Alabama looked like they finally woke up from their last two games around the 4th qtr. Will be strong this year

Mississippi (Ole Miss) is way over-rated. Nutt has a golden arm QB he still wants to run the WildCat, err Hog, err, Rebel. They will lose to the big boys this year (and they also have a cupcake schedule)

Oklahoma - tough loss. They came to Arlington thinking that all they needed to do was show up and win. They looked cocky to me. They have a couple easy games before they play Miami that they should win without Bradford. Look for him to be back by Miami. If he is not, then they have issues.

Arkansas - offense looked good vs a weak team. Special teams needs A LOT of work. Defense looked somewhat improved. Hogs look like they will have to outscore teams to win this year good thing they have some weapons to do that.

FSU vs Miami should be interesting tonight.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:14 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
Explain how Boise State should play a "real schedule" when every single team from a major/BCS conference refuses to play them because they know that not only is it going to be a close game... but they have a real chance of losing to Boise State and possibly ruining their BCS automatic bid chance?

It is not really Boise State's fault that no one wants to play them because they are too good. Maybe if teams ever decide to actually play against legitimate competition before their conference schedule (as opposed to what is this, the Football Bowl Coalition United Teams That Are Not D-1A Schools)... then maybe Boise State can play a "real schedule".

And yes- that Boise State guy should get suspended for a game or two for taunting and instigating.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:08 PM 

why don't they try to join the Pac-10? Have them and Utah join the Pac-10 make that 12 schools (and would be pretty strong) then they too could have a championship game.

Notre Dame should join the not-so Big 10 (plus one) to make that league 12 and they could have a championship game as well. That would get us so much closer to having a playoff for the championship

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:42 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

EQ1: Draconi
WoW: Dalanthas
Rift: Dalanthas
EQ2: Daranthas
Pac 10 would be the only choice since they are the only BCS conference that will shcedule games against them, Bosie has proposed home and home game schedules to SEC and Big 10 teams repeatedly over the last 3 years and always get turned down. and teams like Mich. Wisconsin, Tenn. etc not creampuff schools from those conferences

I'm an SEC guy, but Boise St has nothing to prove to anyone.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:56 PM 

It's such a double-edged sword. Teams that play in tough conferences already have hard schedules, and it's crazy to expect a top SEC team to go out of its way to schedule an out of conference opponent when that one game can ruin a shot at a BCS bowl game (hello, Georgia). Especially conferences with championship games.

Two years ago Florida barely got through the SEC, and had one loss. But by the time they scraped through all their games and got to play an undefeated Ohio State, they prison-raped the Heisman trophy winner and the undefeated, #1 team. UF had the toughest schedule in 1-A that year - all from conference games. Why should they schedule anyone like Boise St?

But look at the big 10 and Pac 10. No conference championship games, and they rarely schedule strong out of conference games. Big 10 games aren't scheduled after Thanksgiving, for fuck's sake.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:33 PM 

And I would just like to say that the fact that Bobby Bowden is still a coach is a complete joke. The man looked confused and lost while Miami was coming back to win that game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:49 AM 

I believe that Arkansas(2000, 2002), South Carolina (2001) and Georgia (2005) has played Boise in the past several years. BSU is 0-4 in those games and has been outscored 159 - 71 (39.8 - 17.8 ppg). Not a large sample size but still there are games there.

I didn't have the sound on for the Miami - FS but that second half was either over-aggressive defenses or some amazing offensive players. Those guys were FLYING all over the place. I don't like Miami or FSU but they looked like they both have some serious speed.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:55 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

Speaking of FSU, how about squeaking out 2 touchdowns in the last minute to avoid losing to Jacksonville State.... hahaha

Teaaman Lyrist

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:28 AM 

Keep your eye on Auburn. The Chizik hire was ridiculed far and wide in the offseason but the tigers have had two straight games of 600 yards of offense. Even when Auburn was a top 10 / top 5 team they weren't known for their offense. Of course, it's still early, but they may be a dark horse in the SEC West - or at least, able to ruin a few seasons if people underestimate them.

This week is UF/UT and I can't wait. After Crompton's horrendous performance against UCLA, this could either be really ugly, or a surprisingly close game. If it's not close, it REALLY won't be close. The only thing the Vols have going for them is their defense to keep it close, but a motivated Tebow has been pretty much invincible in 2 years, so we'll see.

In other games, it will be interesting to see how the UT/TT game goes. Texas should be motivated, and I expect them to win easily, but that new TT QB put up a lot of offense last week. We'll see. And then there's BYU/FSU. I'm hopeful BYU will be able to pull this off, but you never know.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:27 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

EQ1: Xantheus
WoW: Xantheus
UW over USC??? Who saw that one coming. I know they're a much better team than last year with better coaching and I expected them to do well, but not win.

Quite a few upsets this week.

I don't see any place in Florida's schedule where they could possibly blow it except @ LSU.

Offline Profile