It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:54 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fedor Emelianenko
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:44 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Tyral
With all the hoopla about the possibility of Fedor facing Lesnar sometime in the future, I figured I'd watch some highlights and see what Fedor was all about. I've been trying to find some good matches with solid heavyweights, but so far I'm seeing nothing but fights with no-names and has-beens. I'm starting to wonder if his lauded 30-1 record might be full of shit wins over opponents who are new to the sport, have poor records, or are well past their primes.

For instance, his last ten fights

1. Andrei Arlovski - Not a great fighter. He's second-tier at best, and two of his losses are to Tim Sylvia, another sub-par fighter. Speaking of which...

2. Tim Sylvia - Never what I considered a great fighter to begin with, Sylvia has been fat and out of shape for his past 5 fights. He's 1-4 for those fights, btw.

3. Hong Man Choi - Who?

4. Matt Lindland - Old. And he normally fights at 185.

5. Mark Hunt - A 5-6 nobody who hasn't had a win in three years.

6. Mark Coleman - Another over-the-hill fighter. Regardless of Coleman's win at UFC 100, before that he was looking weak as hell and he's still not a young man.

7. Wagner "Zuluzinho" da Conceicao Martins - First of all, WHO? Second of all... yeah, who? Another no-name.

8. Cro Cop - Cro Crop is one of those overrated fighters who is good in one aspect of his game (striking) but can't fight a ground game to save his life.

9. Tsuyoshi Kohsaka - An over-the-hill, midget (he's 5'11") no-name.

10. Nogueira - Finally, a fighter with a name who isn't past his prime. Yet the win was a decision, and if Fedor can't finish Nog, what makes him think he's going to last against Lesnar?

I could be biased here, but I've been watching these fights and I'm unimpressed. Fedor seems to struggle against fighters with larger builds and strength, and he doesn't do as well from his back. He's a submission guy, but letting Lesnar take it to the ground is going to be the last thing he wants to do.

So, am I missing something? Are there some really insane wins Fedor has had over legitimate opponents?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:05 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Did you watch all of those fights or? You have to take the time context of those fights into account. IE - When Fedor fought CroCop, he didn't need a ground game as his takedown defense in Pride was nearly as good as Machida's. You weren't a Pride watcher at all? I'd figured with all the discussion you'd be more than a UFC monkey fan ;P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:43 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

I watched a few of his fights to try to get an idea. I did notice a few things (how quick he is, how fast and accurate his strikes are, but that he seems to struggle against stronger opponents a bit), but not all of his fights are easy to find.

And no, I don't watch Pride. I'm not a fan of MMA in regular boxing rings, it seems kind of sloppy to me. I prefer UFC, KotC, and others that use the octagon-style cage. I think it better fits the fighting style. I'm going to order Affliction on August 1st just to see Fedor fight, but I normally wouldn't bother.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:52 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

I'm telling you, the ring is where it's at as there's FAR more technician work to the grappling w/o the reinforced steel cage to benefit the bigger man. I'm not totally knocking the UFC, but you need to go back and watch the last few Pride Grand Prix.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:09 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Eh, it's just aesthetically displeasing. lol I'll give it another try, but I find it hard to get into. It's like trying to watch Arena Football when you're an NFL fan. Just doesn't feel right.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:12 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Actually, you mean it's like watching Premier League after spending years watching MLS :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:08 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Elessar wrote:
Actually, you mean it's like watching Premier League after spending years watching MLS :P

I have no idea what that means, but sure. lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:19 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
It's like watching badass soccer where a 0-0 game can be awesome due to the artistry involved with controlling the ball with one's feet instead of watching shitty soccer with 9 good people in the entire league and the games are 0-0 because the players suck and not because the game is well-played on both ends.

That's what he means.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:58 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

So, you're saying that UFC has shitty fights? I'd have to completely disagree, if that's the case.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:16 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I was using hyperbole. I think it's more like he was saying people who fight in the ring (like in PRIDE) are generally more 'skilled' than people who mix it up in the Octagon. Or something...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:49 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

During the Pride prime, UFC couldn't really hold a candle to the caliber of fights they were putting up. It's a different story since the inception of the Ultimate Fighter, as the cards have genuinely improved. I mean, while watching Crocop knockout Wanderlei and Josh Barnett in the SAME night, you had UFC putting up Tito vs. Ken III. Yeah.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:51 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

I can't imagine what benefit a boxing ring brings to grapping...I guess I'd have to watch. It sounds more like a pain in the ass and a way for people to fall out of the ring. ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:58 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

It's definitely a pain in the ass having to move the fighters when they are in the ropes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:29 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

The Future of Fedor
Quote:
If Affliction folds -- and it’s impossible to believe they’ll continue spending the money they do -- there are decisions to be made by Emelianenko’s management. Does he want to settle into a promotional home, or does he wish to be a mercenary, taking fights on a one-off basis while cradling a vapid WAMMA heavyweight title?

There is more money to be made in the UFC than anywhere, no question. Their business structure can support paydays for top-level talent into the millions, and corporate America is at the lip of accepting the sport as a viable promotional tool. He’d make more money in endorsements. He’d make money with merchandise, and video game revenue, and seminars, and personal appearances. He can do some of these things now, but the UFC is the key to American profit. He has the rest of the world covered.

My best, haphazard guess: Affliction makes a discreet exit from the arena business. Emelianenko returns to Japan for a New Year’s Eve bout against a medical tragedy. The UFC tries valiantly to reach a deal with him, but M-1’s forced participation makes everyone’s life difficult. Emelianenko takes a fight or two in Japan, makes a mistake, loses and suddenly it’s not such a story anymore.

In the end, Emelianenko is just a fighter. And the reason Dana White and the UFC’s boardroom is so reluctant to handle his baggage is because they’re very aware of that. He could lose his first UFC fight or his fourth, but he will eventually lose.

There’s a limit to the trouble you’ll go through to get a nice car that’s almost predestined for a wreck.

Makes it sound like he's dumb if he doesn't jump to UFC soon after his 8/1 bout.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:48 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Wrong. He doesn't want to sign away WORLDwide likeness rights, which the UFC forces you to do. The ONLY exception made to this rule thus far, has been Mirko Crocop and Kimbo Slice (and only for the duration of TUF).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:48 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
He could lose his first UFC fight or his fourth, but he will eventually lose.

Won't everyone?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:03 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

SurcamStances wrote:
Makes it sound like he's dumb if he doesn't jump to UFC soon after his 8/1 bout.

In a way, it would be a dumb decision.

A fighter has only so many years in them before they can no longer fight. So, to prepare for their future, they need to make as much money as they can while they're still viable names. Fedor turns 33 in a couple of months. The clock is ticking on him, and the UFC is the best place for him to make as much money as he can, especially with the hype surrounding a potential match between him and Lesnar.

Fedor can conceivably fight another 10 years in low-key bouts and earn a living. Hell, Pat Miletich was 40 when he beat my brother-in-law in December, but the fight wasn't a big deal, and neither of them made a huge amount of money out of it. Fedor needs to go where the money is now. Doing otherwise just to protect his rights to a "brand" name that is going to expire in a few years anyways is a poor decision.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:07 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Update: Fedor-Barnett Bout in Jeopardy
Quote:
Affliction Entertainment and M-1 Global are looking for a new opponent to face Fedor Emelianenko at Affliction “Trilogy” on Aug. 1 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

Multiple sources have told Sherdog.com that the California State Athletic Commission will not license Josh Barnett after a positive test result. Calls to Affliction Entertainment were not immediately returned. The CSAC said a comprehensive statement would be issued Wednesday.

Barnett said he had not been notified of any issues with his eligibility as of Tuesday evening.

“I took my test three weeks ago. I would have thought I would have heard something by now,” Barnett told Sherdog.com.

However, the former UFC heavyweight champion said he had not checked his phone messages recently and later added, “No matter what happens with this, I can assure you I will clear my name. This will not be something that I am defined by.”

Vitor Belfort has agreed in principle to face the world’s No. 1 heavyweight on 11 days’ notice, according to two separate sources close to the negotiations. One source told Sherdog.com that Emelianenko will have the opportunity to choose between Belfort and Bobby Lashley. Lashley has denied knowing anything about replacing Barnett, though.

Doesn't sound likely, but I'd like to see Bobby Lashley in there.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:42 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

I think it's in Lashley's best interests to not jump into a major bout like that. Lesnar did and suffered his only loss because of it. Lashley's been smart and taking a slower route to the top.

And Lashley just signed with TNA Wrestling, so it's unlikely he's going to be able to fight in MMA now, unless they have a clause in his contract to allow it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:48 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I'm guessing his role in TNA will just be a "run in and do shit" role and not a wrestler role.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:30 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Confirmed: Barnett Out of Fedor Fight
Quote:
The fight was scheduled to headline Affliction and M-1 Global’s “Trilogy” event at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif., but Atencio said that the California State Athletic Commission will not license Barnett because he has tested positive for a banned substance. The CSAC will release a statement Wednesday.

Atencio also said he hopes to secure a replacement Wednesday but would not comment on the new matchup until a deal is signed.

I'll withhold judgement until I see the replacement. Sucks Barnett is out though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:20 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

It'll be Vitor Belfort.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:06 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Vitor could have been the man. Not sure what happened to him back in the day.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:03 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Overhyped and overworked. He was fighting in Brazil as well and was honestly cutting WAY too much weight too often.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:35 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Well, so much for that. Affliction is dead with Trilogy cancelled.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:21 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

He obviously needs to fight Kimbo to save the company.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:37 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Damn, that sucks. I was going to order it even without Barnett, just to see Fedor fight.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:48 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Yeah, folks on Sherdog are saying that Barnett "kimboed" the company. Had me cracking up pretty good.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:55 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Funny, if a little fucked up. Barnett screwed the company by using a banned substance. EliteXC screwed themselves by putting an untested "big name" in against a nobody. I don't blame Kimbo for that, the guy was just going where the money was.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:19 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Fedor open to UFC talks. What the hell else is he gonna do? Bring on Fedor/Brock.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:30 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Fedor needs to fight someone like Mir first. Rushing him straight into fighting Lesnar would be a waste. Build it up a little, give Lesnar another opponent like Carwin (or another shot with Couture) and then bring on Fedor (assuming he doesn't lose to a name fighter that's not past his prime).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:39 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

I agree. Have Lesnar/Couture II and have Fedor/Someone other than Mir on the same card. The winners face off. That way, if Couture manages to beat Lesnar (which I doubt), you'd still have a Couture/Fedor match.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:48 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

I thought Fedor was supposed to be a boatload better than Lesnar.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:47 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
generally speaking, he is. but that's my "fedor fanboy" self talking. lesnar could whip fedor's ass, but i doubt it.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:05 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

I have no doubt that Fedor is the better fighter. However, I also have no doubt that Lesnar would beat the shit out of him. Lesnar's size, strength, and speed make up for his lack of experience. I think out of 10 fights, Lesnar wins 7.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:12 AM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Tyral the Kithless wrote:
I think out of 10 fights, Lesnar wins 7.

Or, to put it another way, out of twice as many fights as he's currently fought. Ever. Versus a guy who's dominated the division for many years.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:50 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Eh, I've already expressed my opinion on that "domination." There's not a fighter on that list of people Fedor has beat that could win against Lesnar. I don't think there's one on that list that would even give him a workout. Yet Lesnar has beat two guys now that I think would give Fedor a tough fight, both of whom Fedor has never faced.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:00 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Found a pretty entertaining video with Fedor highlights and Joe Rogan talking him up. NSFW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:09 AM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

so yeah, I'm impressed, and not willing at all to just give it to Brock.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:10 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Finally did some homework on Fedor and I couldn't disagree with you more Tyral. I think Fedor would end up winning via submission. Fedor seems to be too much of an all around fighter for Brock to handle.

Regardless, it's a fight I want to see even more now. The UFC has got to sign him, even if it's just a 2-3 fight deal.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:38 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

EQ1: Xantheus
WoW: Xantheus
Good lord, if Fedor is 6'6, how big was that one Asian guy?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:05 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Choi Hong-man stands 2.18 m (7 ft 2 in)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:41 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

SurcamStances wrote:
Finally did some homework on Fedor and I couldn't disagree with you more Tyral. I think Fedor would end up winning via submission. Fedor seems to be too much of an all around fighter for Brock to handle.

Hey, if they sign the fight, I'm happy to put a friendly wager on it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:44 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Eh, I've already expressed my opinion on that "domination." There's not a fighter on that list of people Fedor has beat that could win against Lesnar. I don't think there's one on that list that would even give him a workout. Yet Lesnar has beat two guys now that I think would give Fedor a tough fight, both of whom Fedor has never faced.

Are you SERIOUSLY comparing fight lists using Lesnar's record? That's fucking retarded. Until Lesnar, UFC had ZERO heavyweight division. Couture dominated because there was no one else to fight. UFC was known for quality LHW and WW and not much else. I just don't see how you can even remotely compare the two /shrug.

As for a fight between them, I think Lesnar would really push him with his power, but let's not pretend it's something altogether entirely new for someone with Fedor's experience. Lesnar is powerful, but he's not technical, he's a fairly weak striker (comparatively) and vulnerable to submission against an experienced grappler. Lesner has never faced someone with the world class sambo championship experience that Fedor has.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:20 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

So, let's run down the strengths and weaknesses of each. Tell me if you agree and feel free to add to the list. I'm certain we'll agree on a lot of this, but I'd like to see what your thoughts are.

Fedor
Strengths:
1. All-around fighter
2. Technically sound; excellent submission grappler
3. Has knock-out power
4. Very experienced
5. Patient
6. Fast

Weaknesses
1. Doesn't kick well
2. Has some difficulties against larger/stronger opponents
3. Not as familiar with fighting in the octagon

Lesnar
Strengths:
1. Excellent wrestler
2. Good takedowns and ability to pass the guard
3. Fast
4. Very strong; probably the strongest fighter in MMA now
5. Quick study; adjusts well to an opponent

Weaknesses:
1. Not experienced
2. Needs a great deal more submission and submission defense training
3. Impatient, tends to charge
4. Not a stand-up fighter

Thoughts?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:24 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

So Lesnar kicks well, doesn't have difficulties against larger/stronger opponents, and is familiar with fighting in the Octagon due to all of his fights?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:42 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Lesnar does kick and use knees, something I've not really seen Fedor do (but I've only seen highlights and a handful of full fights). Lesnar hasn't fought a larger opponent, but he owned Herring who isn't a small guy. And yes, at this point he's familiar with the octagon (I like how you capitalize it, though, that's cute).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:19 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

2. Has some difficulties against larger/stronger opponents
3. Not as familiar with fighting in the octagon

So, #2 is most definitely inaccurate. He closes distance well and his speed allows him to stay within reach of stronger opponents with little consequence.(see: Crocrop, they went the distance).

And #3 is absolutely true. The cage is an entirely different animal. (see: Crocop again heh)

As for Lesnar's ability to pass guard, the only problem I have with this is that he's WIDE open to a sweep should an opponent choose to do so. Mir wanted to stay on his back to attempt his submissions as he rarely does so from the top. Fedor is equally to submit from the mount once his opponent turns as he is from his back, and will often attempt the sweep to do so.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:23 PM 
What does this button do?
What does this button do?

Fedor looked not nearly as sharp in his last fight as he had looked in fights of old. Either way it will be a good fight when it happens. Right now I think the fight of the day will be B.J. Penn vs. Kenny Florian. I'm looking for Penn to get beaten badly. Should make my day.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:00 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Elessar wrote:
So, #2 is most definitely inaccurate. He closes distance well and his speed allows him to stay within reach of stronger opponents with little consequence.(see: Crocrop, they went the distance).

Didn't see that fight, but I'll look for it. In other matches with big guys, he tends to get wrapped and thrown around a lot. Granted, he's patient with it and finds his moment, but against someone like Lesnar you can't allow yourself to get tossed around too much or you'll end up getting your neck broken.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:10 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
I dunno, fedor's landed on the back of his head plenty of times and it just seems to piss him off. He got suplexed pretty hard a few times and it didn't bother him.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:01 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

Yeah, I should add "Durable" to his list of strengths. That guy took a wicked suplex from Kevin Randleman and got up like it wasn't shit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:11 AM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

Quote:
And #3 is absolutely true. The cage is an entirely different animal. (see: Crocop again heh)

Personally I think the cage thing was just an excuse for Crocop.

Getting a foot to the face from stumpy Gonzaga isn't the cage's fault. ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:07 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Bovinity Divinity wrote:
Quote:

Personally I think the cage thing was just an excuse for Crocop.

Getting a foot to the face from stumpy Gonzaga isn't the cage's fault. ;)

Let's be fair. That happened because Gonzaga was already mauling him. I don't think he even saw that coming. I view that knockout the same way I do the Randleman knockout of him, total freak shot.

The Kongo fight on the other hand is a VERY good example of not being prepared for the cage. There's a HUGE difference between the chain and the ropes, especially if you've ever watched how he stalks and retreats. But hey, his fault for not being prepped.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:05 PM 
Vanguard Fanboy!
Vanguard Fanboy!

I dunno, on the slow mo replays it looks like Crocop just misjuged the height of the kick. Looks like he's trying to block a body kick and gets it right in the head.

Beside the point though I guess. I never liked him all that much to begin with. ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:25 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Much like Silva did when he was LHK'd into oblivion vs Crocop due to reduced vision. I'm not making excuses for the cat, I'm just pointing out how different the Octagon really is in terms of strategy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:10 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

Sherdog interviews Fedor's manager.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:33 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

Supposedly Fedor will not be signing with the UFC after all.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:36 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

I can't say I'm surprised. While he'd have made a ton of money in the deal, it's the only thing he has to gain from it and he's made it clear he doesn't care about the money. He's already considered the best heavyweight in the world. Why go to the UFC and give them a chance to prove that wrong?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:20 AM 
Destroyer of Douchenozzles

EQ1: Givin
WoW: Tacklebery
EA Sports.

Why take Dana up on his offer for millions when he has nothing to prove, when he can take EAs and make millions to put his likeness in their upcoming MMA titles.

Offline Profile