It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:54 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:15 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Quote:
Regardless of whether we end up adding in new scoring options, I think we should definitely lower QB scoring to 4 points for TDs and -1 for INTs.

I agree with this. Most websites switched to this as standard scoring a couple of years ago. We're only on 6 points for passing TDs as a holdover from when we started the league, and just copied settings every year.

This alone, though, will devalue QBs for us. WR is going to be critical if we leave 3 starting spots for it. I vote for Dromas QB scoring change, PPR, and eliminate the W/T flex position on the roster.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:01 AM 
I schooled the old school.

I'm not that passionate about any of this, so I'll go along with whatever you folks choose :).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:04 AM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Tyral
Same here, as long as it doesn't decrease my chances of winning the KICK-ASS BOBBLEHEAD!

(I'm very excited about that bobblehead.)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:45 AM 
I've pwned over 300 times!

Im not for adding PPR or any of that. If you want to add anything add return yards, that increases value of some WRs and RBs. Something along the lines of 50 yds = 1 pt.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:59 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

EQ1: Xantheus
WoW: Xantheus
Set the PPR points at .2 for now, what value should we go with?

Changed a couple other scoring settings, have a look.

Also, I can attest to a team making it all the way on a QB, I had Brady two years ago.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:56 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

From some casual browsing around the web, 1 point per reception and .5 points per reception seem to be the "standard" settings. An entire point seems like overkill to me and would really throw off my rankings. .2 seems low to me. 10 receptions is a pretty monster game for a WR and seems like it should be worth more than 2 points. I think we should try .5 points per reception.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:22 PM 
I am a Spaceman

.33 or .5 is what I would recommend. Here is a link (http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/2009/ ... yer_pos=WR) to a website that lets you mess around with some scoring options and see the impact they make. It's a pretty useful tool for drafting, too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:34 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
If we are going to have a PPR category, I also vote for .5 as well.

I also assume that this will carry over to TE and RB as well. Makes some of your pass catching RB's potentially even more valuable- if they catch 5 balls that is an extra 2.5 points tacked on. Granted catching 5 passes equates to 80 for the year, which is awfully high for a RB. But there are some out there who potentially could do so...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:53 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

.5 done.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:55 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Well, we had 16. Looks like someone dropped out, so we're back to 15. Gonna need another to round out the league!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:44 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Weird, who bailed?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:27 PM 
I am a Spaceman

Tyral left I think. At least he posted in this thread like he was in the league and there's not any team that belongs to him still signed up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:17 AM 

Still need another team, little over a week til the draft...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:10 AM 
What does this button do?

I'm in, been meaning to sign up for a couple weeks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:50 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

I'm not going to make the draft. The wife unit is coming back from New york the day before AND I have a kiddie birthday party to take my son to. Any tips on how deep I should go setting up my auto draft since we have so many teams?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:21 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Honestly Jox, the less you screw with it, the better. I might shuffle a few players in the rankings in the top 50 or so because it's PPR, but aside from that, it's not going to help you much. The majority of players you care about enough to change their ranks will get picked up and make your effort moot. Trying to guess which players you'll have to choose from in your 16th of any given round is a total crapshoot.

Just accept that you're going to draft a kicker and def way too early and be ready to work the waiver wire to adjust your roster a bit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:34 PM 

Best bet is to drop any player you do not want under and circumstance in to the Exclude Rankings. If youre really wanting to take a chance you could move all the kickers and DEF to that list, not sure what the Yahoo drafter will think when it tries to draft one for you, but might work and save you from drafting them too high. Then you could pick one up later.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:14 AM 

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
Anyone have a Vent server that we can use during the draft? I have always had more fun when we can talk during the whole thing

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:48 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Good point Krby. Not I.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:55 AM 

So do we have a Vent or do we want to use Skype?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:17 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

Whatever happened to just good ol typing :)

I just hope if you guys are all on whatever it is that I can at least listen in. I won't be on a mic, but will be typing away and if I can at least listen in then I can at least participate in conversation... or anyone else like me w/o mic.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:44 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

I can ask if we can use my guild vent server. It shouldn't have much traffic at that time anyway. No guarantees but I'll check.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:45 AM 
Can dish it but can't take it!
Can dish it but can't take it!

EQ1: Derfael - current on Tunare
WoW: Ska - Oryx (Lightbringer)
My Vanguard guild imploded last month but the Vent server is still up we can use that. No one using it anymore since the guild disbanded.

Server: moriendumest.clants.net
Port: 5172
PW: dumfaan

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:00 AM 

cool, I am there. I put my team name in the comments. I'll copy this to the league page.

I hope the draft goes quickly.. My son has a football game at 3:00 CDT. The Draft starts at noon CDT.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:22 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

I just did a 14 team mock draft, it started at 8:30 pst and ended at 9:20 pst. So you are looking at probably around an hour or so I would imagine... maybe 90 minutes tops.

You should be good for your game :)

I have a poker tournament at noon I might be missing though :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:19 PM 

Looking at the Java4Blood team, if this were 4-5 years ago they would be the run-away winner in all fantasy football.

Peyton Manning QB
Larry Johnson RB
Jamal Lewis RB
Chad "Johnson" Ochocinco WR
Reggie Wayne WR
Tony Gonzalez TE
Ricky Williams RB
Jason Elam K

Not that this is a BAD team, just all of those guys were super-studs a few years ago.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:52 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

I am very pleased with my team. Felt I got a couple picks later on with great value. In a PPR league I am excited with my RB and definitely my two WR- was surprised when Welker fell to me, thanks auto drafters!

My big question mark, of course, is QB. If Palmer can stay healthy and return to form from a couple years ago... I really like my chances. And considering I don't have a back up QB atm, and all the other ones are taken... *cross fingers*

I thought Zatronn did great, especially drafting 15. Then again, he always does good.

Xan had a great steal with Henry late in draft. If Moreno can do what many expect (1100 yards or so) and Warner can stay healthy... that is a very good team.

Derf has a solid team, a great steal with James late and a great value QB to start with in Hasselbeck in the round he got him in.

Depx has a good team too.

Droma... if Garrard can do something great, I think he might have a sleeper great team. He obviously has the two studs at WR, I loved his Seattle DEF in second to last round (they are going to be good this year), and if he can just find two RB each week to do something... then he is going to have a top 5 team.

Thanks to the autodrafters, as always, for picking your kickers and DEF teams in round 7/8 so that the rest of us live can get our back up RB and WR :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:43 AM 
I am a Spaceman

I like my team except for the fact that in that past I've always gotten burned badly when I've gone WR/WR in the first two rounds. Still, there was way too much value there for me to pass on. I reached on Beanie Wells but I didn't see a lot of separation in the value of the other people on the board there and I really like him, plus I knew I could get Leon Washington later on for cheap and Washington is a great PPR value and a legit RB2 in our league.

I think Xantheus and Cicely have the strongest teams on paper at this point. Cicely managed to get some amazing value in the first 5 rounds. Slaton is a top 10 back with top 5 potential with our settings. Boldin could easily have Fitzgerald's numbers from last year, and Welker dropped way too far. Ray Rice is someone who I feel has become overvalued in standard scoring, but he has good PPR upside.

Xan did a good job securing solid production at every important position, but his depth is kind of lacking due to the early K and DEF picks. I don't like Knowshon very much, but he covered the risk there with Buckhalter in the last round. I'm not too worried about Warner this year, but if he had picked Rodgers instead I think he would have secured himself a top 3 playoff seed.

After that there's a group of teams like mine that have very good potential offset by significant risks. The auto-drafting scum didn't fare very well this year, though Jateki's, Fribur's and Hunee's teams could be dangerous matchups. I really like the way the league is looking, I feel it's going to be very competitive.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:08 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

It was a pretty good draft. It's going to be interesting after the first couple weeks when injuries hit. I don't see any team that has a large degree of depth.

I'm reserving judgement on the actual teams though. They tend to have a way of surprising me anyway. I think this was a pretty rough year for autodrafters though. Being such a deep league, and having most of the owners with a lot of draft experience left a lot of the weak and overvalued talent on the board when the autopicks rolled around. Still, there's some decent prospects on the waiver wire and plenty of time to recover.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:09 AM 

What's up with the hate for auto-drafters? Auto-drafter scum, just because I can't make it to the draft because of RL commitments?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:37 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

lol, no hate. Still glad to have the managers playing. Just seems to be slightly more of a disadvantage this year than some years past. Not that you can't make the playoffs with some careful management anyway though. None of the teams are actually horrible this year. Some will just require a little more work than others.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:28 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

I love owners who auto draft. Makes my chances of getting sleeper/undervalued talent much greater, and establishing a high quality bench even more!

While auto drafters are selecting two defenses and two kickers... I am able to focus on multiple RB and WR in the case injuries happen or the starters don't pan out. Plus I can keep a couple prospects on the bench in the hopes that weeks 8+ or so they can pan out to be great. Finally (like Zatronn says) it allows the overvalued/poor players to be selected and I won't have to worry about it (i.e. Marshall).

The one bad thing about the auto drafters is if you wait too long to select a defense, then you might be stuck with a very bad one instead of an average/above average one... since the auto drafters will always select two defenders (even though you only need one all year).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:10 PM 

yeah, I am one with a horrible defense. Looks like I will be playing the match ups all year.

I just hope that we don't have half of the league not manage their teams now.

It doesn't take long to manage a fantasy football team, just log in once or twice a week and put active players in their slots.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:18 PM 

ok how in the hell am I supposed to beat a 43 fantasy point Adrian Peterson game?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:36 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Heh, you normally don't. He's just one of those guys that's going to do that now and then. Still, you have Brady to play still and it's against Buffalo, and LT against that bitchin Raiders run D. That's something at least.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:48 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

I am very glad and happy that the Lions decided to hold Brees to just 42 fantasy points. You are welcome, Zatronn :)

And you know it might be a very long year when Stafford gets more fantasy points than Palmer. This scares the beejesus out of me. If the Bengals cannot even score against a crappy defense like Denver... ugh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:12 PM 

Larry Fitzgerald has had 10 yards of offense at halftime. I don't want to hear ANY complaints from anyone else. heh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:03 PM 

already hit with injuries prior to the first game. Stuped Kevin Walter not playing

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:08 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

joxur wrote:
Larry Fitzgerald has had 10 yards of offense at halftime. I don't want to hear ANY complaints from anyone else. heh.

You kicked my ass this week man. Larry ended up with 16.10 which is still pretty damn good.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:36 PM 

At this point, I don't WANT to win. My only chance is if my two remaining guys have games of their lives and Cutler has a horrible game. Problem is, I'm a Bears fan, and this is a Bears / Packers game. I simply cannot in good conscience root against Cutler.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:06 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Binkee
WoW: Wilkins
Rift: Wilkins
LoL: ScrubLeague
McNabb is out 2-4

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:19 PM 

Larry came through for me in the end. Still have Rivers playing tomorrow, too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:21 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Gonzalez fell over untouched with an apparent knee injury and my tight end netted me negative 2 points with his two fumbles. Forte failed to deliver what he should have by about 10 points minimum and Warner likes to throw to the other team and fumble.

My team, which looked good on paper at the beginning of the season, is quickly going to shit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:48 AM 

New team, new year, new players, same result. Week one I am amongst the lowest scoring teams putting me in struggle mode all year.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:19 PM 

damn... someone upstairs just doesn't want me to win, or I just can't pick my starters worth shit.

1. Today I pick up Jake Delhomme. I don't have a second quarterback for my bye week, and I thought I would gamble that last week was a fluke. Looks like I was right. While Tom Brady turns in a 7 fantasy point game (what the...), Jake does a 20 point game. But after last week, who would ever pick Jake to start over Tom?

2. I only had one decent running back after the draft, and he got injured last week. I have crap in, but the projections were that they would at least get something--- but no. Nothing. My running backs combine for 6 tenths of a point.

3. My hunch about Johnny Knox of Chicago turns out to be right. Last week and this week he put up good numbers. This week, 16 points as a WR-- not bad, eh? Too bad I didn't pull the trigger and start him. Odds are, I'm going to put him in next week, only to see him flop.

This is very disappointing, and between last week and this one, it feels like I'm never going to catch up :(.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:10 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

In my other league I started Hasselbeck instead of Schaub, and Jennings instead of DeSean. The QB I was very split on, but ended up going with Hasselbeck against a defense I thought wasn't as good as Tenn... and given how awful Schaub looked last week, and how good Hasselbeck did, that eventually won me on Hasselbeck. Jennings over DeSean w/o McNabb throwing to him is a no brainer.

Or so I thought. Hasselbeck gets hurt, gets me 5 points. Schaub goes out and has 43 points. Jennings doesn't even catch A SINGLE PASS and Jackson goes out and gets 17 points.

O and I am down by 15 against an awful team, and about to go 0-2 in both leagues. This year has started out terribly :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:24 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

I thought for sure my season would be a total flop with Forte definitely not performing up to par, but Derfeld for some reason dropped Manningham and I picked him up. If he continues to perform like he has the last two weeks, that was a ridiculous bargain.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:41 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Haha, yeah. I thought I was going to eke that one out till Manningham went on a crazy tear. I knew I should have stuck with Felix though. It's my own damn fault.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:53 PM 

Oh baby... am I going to engineer a comeback? Could have 2 wins omg.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:06 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

I am apparently doomed to lose every week by like 2 points. Heh.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:42 PM 

Getting killed this week. Too many of my starters are on bye

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:46 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

Amazing what a healthy Boldin and Welker does for my team :)

Feeling pretty comfortable right now with how things are going. I started 0-3 and was a bit worried... but too much talent on this team. If Slaton can get off this "schnide" he is on and start playing like he did last year then I will feel a lot more comfortable.

I am just happy I didn't panic and start making dumb trades based off of a couple games. I was 0-2 in my other Yahoo league and am now 3-2 with a RB stable of Johnson, Slaton, Thomas, Benson, K Smith and A Bradshaw. Plus I added Coffee the past two weeks with Gore being out. With Schaub as QB and WR Boldin and D Jackson, and Giants defense... I feel very good every week. Just a matter of matchups.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:51 PM 

ok.... Tom Brady has a fantastic game (6 passing TDs? thanks :) ). Unfortunately, three of those TD's are thrown to my opponent's WR, so I'm still behind.

Fun to watch football tonight and tomorrow night... I have three players left who need to come up with a measly 9 points. I'm hoping to have a third win yay, but it's not in the bag yet.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:14 PM 

welp... Johnny Knox did it for me on his own. No more drama... yay :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:59 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Heh, yeah. It's definitely one of those years for me. I'm 4th in the league for scoring atm and probably won't drop all that far this week, but the chances I make the playoffs at this point are almost nonexistant. Matchups have hosed me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:12 PM 

I rarely make the playoffs, but I still play it through for the fun of it. If nothing else, it gives me a reason to watch other football games besides my own team (the Bears)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:16 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

In one of my other leagues, a 10 team league, someone is all alone in last place at 1-5. He leads the league in points scored (724), but because of matchups and career games by his opponents he has also given up 789 points in 6 games. Just like Zatronn, a lot of it is who you play that week and who your opponent has as well...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:27 PM 

Heh, I have the most points in the league with 2 wins. I have Brady and Welker in my other league so that was a good one today :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:53 PM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

I lost by 0.30 points....doesn't get much closer then that...bah!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:10 AM 

Belz, I was sweating that game last night. I just KNEW that Chicago was going to be stuck with just one TD and I would have lost by less than one point.

I am not a fan of the Bear but I was so cheering that second PAT.

What is CRAZY is that our 104.+ point games were the 6th and 7th best in the league this week. We had TWO teams score 109+ points AND LOSE! Then the two teams that came into the week undefeated score 73 and 72 points (although Car Ramrod has Rivers and Sproles going tonight) -- I still don't think he'll top 100 points.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next