It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:34 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:36 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
It would probably look something like this:

Quote:
We’re in the slowest stretch of the offseason now: the dreaded post-draft period. There’s no football on, and there won’t be football on for quite some time. You’re angry. You’re hateful. We understand. At KSK, we’re hateful too. Of all things, at all times. Hating is what we do best. So, in that spirit, I’d like to present you with our new off-topic (or on-topic, in this week’s instance) offseason feature…

THIS WEEK IN FUCK YOU.

Every week or so, we’ll be taking our lack-of-football-related depression out on any number of deserving targets: people, things, abstract ideas, group dinners, etc. It’s just the kind of cathartic invective we excel at. This week, MATT MILLEN.

I’ve already ranted about the resurrection of Matt Millen’s broadcasting career, but I stumbled on something from Florio’s PFT earlier this week that rekindled my white hot fury. Two items. We start with this one:

In the wake of the surprising news that Tony Kornheiser is out and Jon Gruden is in as a member of the ESPN Monday night booth, we’ve picked up some more information regarding the manner in which this whole thing went down.

We’re told that, when former Lions CEO Matt Millen accepted a position with ESPN, he did so with the understanding that if/when a spot opens in the Monday night booth he would be given the assignment.

Per a source with knowledge of Millen’s broadcasting career, we’re told that Millen is not happy about the fact that he didn’t get Kornheiser’s chair.

Oh, you’re not happy, Millen? Oh, isn’t that a shame. Boy, we’d hate to see you feel a millisecond of distress there, kiddo. YOU FUCKING UNWORTHY SACK OF SHIT. Where in the fuck do you get off thinking you’re entitled to ANY FUCKING THING? You fucking failure of a human being. You fucking 0-16 sack of fuck. There’s only one person who could make me yearn for TK back in the booth, and that’s your retard Pennsylvania ass. “Duh, I’m Matt Millen and I like riding my lawnmower!”

FUCK YOU.

You really think you’re somehow more deserving of a chair in the MNF than Jon Gruden? Well, let me disclose a little statistic to you there, Matty. Know how many games Gruden won last year? Nine. Not a great number of wins. And they faded down the stretch to miss the playoffs. When you think about it, nine wins doesn’t seem all that great. Then again, THAT’S NINE MORE FUCKING WINS THAN YOUR FUCKING GODBORTION OF A FUCKING TEAM WON LAST YEAR. YOU FUCK.

Do you know how much it enrages people all across the world that you are gainfully employed? Do you know how much it makes less fortunate people want to fishhook you until your cheeks are behind your ears? There are people out there desperately looking for jobs. Good people. Smart people. People eminently qualified to do any number of things: nursing, contracting, consulting, selling life insurance, TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL FOR THREE HOURS A WEEK. These people are busting their balls just to find a job so that they can pay rent, or buy food, or see the doctor, or pay for any number of life’s obligatory expenses. AND YOU HAVE THE BALLS TO COMPLAIN?

DIE. DIE FOREVER.

But wait. I’m not even finished. There’s more…

We reported last week that ESPN’s Matt Millen was miffed at the addition of Jon Gruden to the network’s Monday Night Football broadcast. As we’ve heard it, Millen believes he was promised dibs on the first open chair in the booth. (ESPN denied that any such promise was made to Millen, or that he was upset about anything.)…

We’d been told that, after Millen didn’t get the spot that went to Gruden, Millen tried to resurrect negotiations with NFLN. Initially, we heard that the league-owned network was not expected to be receptive, given that Millen previously had dissed NFLN.

We’re now hearing that Millen could end up getting the job.

Millen likely would take the position on a moonlighting basis…

Oh, so this asshole gets TWO jobs now? It’s not enough that he Hoovers up one goddamn job some other worthy person could have, now he’s gotta hog two? This fucking flaming pile of FAIL? This galactic fuckup? He gets to swim in job offers while we all fucking drown?

THIS WORLD IS FUCKED.

You listen to me, Millen. You shitstached douchejar. You are the goddamn luckiest asshole on the face of the Earth. BAR NONE. You have cronies seemingly at every level of football and broadcasting just aching to throw money at you to wildly underperform. And if that’s the way it goes, then that’s the way it goes. But I don’t EVER want to hear you fucking complaining about somehow getting dicked over in the process. YOU FUCKED A TOWN, MILLEN. A WHOLE TOWN. YOU BENT THAT TOWN OVER AND THEN RAPED IT WITH AN EGGBEATER. If there was a God (and there clearly isn’t), you would be living at the bottom of a Mumbai shitshanty.

Instead, you get to just merrily coast along, falling bass ackwards into a job millions of people would kill for. WELL FUCKING APPRECIATE YOUR GOOD FORTUNE, YOU FUCKING COCKROBBER. Fucking savor every minute that somehow, some way, there are people out there who think YOU, of all people, are qualified to talk about football on television. And know, deep in your heart, that you are, in reality, a fraud. You are the fucking Chauncey Gardiner of real life. So enjoy it, you shit. Savor it. AND DON’T EVER FUCKING BITCH ABOUT HOW YOU GOT SOME KIND OF RAW DEAL. Because the real raw deal is a world that allows for your charmed fucking existence.

COCK.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/200 ... illen.html

PS: I agree with everything he said

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:56 AM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

GODBORTION was a nice touch.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:05 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Tyral
Quote:
YOU BENT THAT TOWN OVER AND THEN RAPED IT WITH AN EGGBEATER.

That's one of the best rants I've ever read overall, but this particular line had me cracking up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:06 PM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
must say, quality rant.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:22 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

Heh, nice.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:44 PM 
I schooled the old school.

really? No one has any problems with this rant? I thought his points were rather retarded. One of the biggest disconnects with me was his implication that being the CEO of an 0-16 team means you are unable to be a TV commentator for Monday Night Football. That's just illogical.

Or did I read it wrong?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:28 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Tyral
You read it wrong. He's pissed that someone so obviously incompetent in the world of football could have a job in football. He doesn't just bitch about Millen's obvious lack of talent at running a football franchise, but he bitches about Millen's shitty commentating as well.

Millen really is a waste of space. He's got no business touching anything football-related with a ten-foot pole after the eight years he spent ruining Detroit. If you think the president/GM of a football franchise has no responsibility or say in how a team does during the season, you're wrong. Granted, Detroit wasn't a particularly good team to begin with, but in the past eight years they've racked up a record worse than any other team since the 1940's.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:54 AM 

If the Detroit Lions are still making money, he's done his job, whatever their record.

But that said, even if he did drive them into the ground (and I have no doubt he did), it has nothing to do with his ability to be a commentator.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:46 AM 

Quote:
But that said, even if he did drive them into the ground (and I have no doubt he did), it has nothing to do with his ability to be a commentator.
Well, it kinda does.

Presumably there will be at least a small segment of potential viewers who will realize he came from the worst NFL franchise ever and be somewhat skeptical of his expertise.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:36 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
If Matt Millen is a commentator, how can he comment on what the Texans did with their first pick in the draft? How can he question any decisions that any person makes? A commentator should be able to provide inight to things. If he doesn't have any first-hand experience (such as being a former player), he should at least be educated on subjects that he is discussing. Millen has that first-hand experience and he did one of the worst jobs in history. Having 3 Super Bowl rings doesn't mean a guy is qualified to run a team (to the ground) or even give expert opinions on things. But television is stupid this way. This is why you have illiterates like Emmitt Smith with jobs TALKING (when the last thing he should be doing is talking in public).

Listen to Eric Young do Baseball Tonight sometime. He's another one who hasn't quite mastered the English language, yet he still has a job. He wasn't even a great player. Aren't there like 10348374326435 other former players that actually know how to speak English that they could hire?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:27 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

Fribur wrote:
If the Detroit Lions are still making money, he's done his job, whatever their record.

As a general rule, losing teams lose fan interest which in turn leads to a loss in revenue.

This is the case in Detroit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:20 PM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
I will try and relate to Fribur in his terms...

Say you take over the teachings and leadership of a junior high band at a school. They win some local divisions, and they try hard. In the span of eight years, you turn that band into an absolute laughingstock- so much so that even the parents of the children in the band refuse to come to your "concerts". The principal *finally* dismisses you have basically turned a decent/average junior high band into something that a group of 5 year olds can perform better at.

After this, one of the top musical colleges in the country decides to hire you as a consultant to their band. You get to do analysis, some commentary on what you see and hear.

Honestly now... do you really think that you are qualified to get that position after what you did the previous eight years?

As a Lion fan, I am thrilled that he is gone. Yes we had an 0-16 record last year, but getting rid of Millen probably puts us in the playoffs in a couple years. Maybe. Hopefully. Fine I still don't like Stafford, but so far all the coaches do so maybe I am wrong :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:51 AM 
Lanys Supporter
Lanys Supporter

WoW: Drajeck
I always wondered why Millen isn't laughed out of every possible NFL related position. Not only does he make horrible management decisions, he is a bore to listen to, and he alienates his co workers.

The only insite I would enjoy from him are draft picks he agrees with, because we would really be able to predict that players lack of success.

Offline Profile