It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:29 PM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:04 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Tyral
Andrew Martin, who went by the name "Test" in WWE, was found dead at 33.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3980073

Quote:
TAMPA, Fla. -- Authorities say former professional wrestler Andrew Martin, who was known as "Test" and "The Punisher" to fans, has died at his Tampa home. He was 33.

The former World Wrestling Entertainment champion was found dead at his apartment Friday night. Police say a neighbor reported that she could see into his apartment window and that Martin appeared motionless for several hours.

Police say there was no indication of foul play. A cause of death will be determined after an autopsy.

During his time with Stamford, Conn.-based World Wrestling Entertainment, Martin held the Intercontinental, European and Hardcore belts. He was also a tag-team champion.

Martin most recently worked for TNA Wrestling under the name "The Punisher."

Test was one of those guys who was quite obviously using steroids. When he first entered the WWE, he was a big guy but not huge. Over the course of the next few years he put on more and more weight and it was pretty apparent to anyone watching that he was juicing. Yet he had a job during a significant period of that time with WWE and even wrestled with TNA.

A lot is made of how many professional wrestlers die at a young age, due to conditions brought about by steroid use or by drug and alcohol abuse. But this right here is yet further proof that there's something still wrong with the wrestling world, and that they need to work harder to stop this kind of thing from happening.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:24 PM 
Grrrrrrrr!
Grrrrrrrr!

I agree with you here, but I'm inclined to believe most people who watch this stuff don't. It's obvious most of those guys are juicing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:21 PM 
Shelf is CAMPED!!
Shelf is CAMPED!!

EQ1: Tyral
SurcamStances wrote:
I agree with you here, but I'm inclined to believe most people who watch this stuff don't. It's obvious most of those guys are juicing.

I actually do watch, as do a lot of my friends. We all agree that steroids are still a big issue. But I don't think I'd agree that most are juicing, just that many are, including most of their top guys and Vince McMahon's own son-in-law. You don't get that big through normal workouts. If you look at Batista, Triple H, John Cena, etc. they just don't look natural. They're too big, with too much muscle mass. Some of the smaller guys, the more natural-looking guys like Edge, CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, etc. still get over and are enormously popular (or hated, in Edge's case) without looking like freaks.

Yet it's commonly-held belief that Vince McMahon wants big guys in their top spots and isn't real fond of leaner-looking wrestlers. So you still get the guys who feel they need to juice to get a leg up in the industry.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:31 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

When you watch wrestling and you see an especially surprising plot twist, do you sit back and think, "Wow, what great writers they have. Toss me another beer!"?? The shit is like soap operas for rednecks.

Offline Profile