It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:36 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:31 AM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
Tonight my son's team travels to Evansville Memorial HS to play in the Indiana Semi-State Championship. The team is 12-1 on the year heading into tonight's game and Memorial is 11-2. It should be a great game. If we win tonight, the boys play in the "Oil Can" (Lucas Oil Staduim) next Saturday.

Just asking that all you sports fans keep the teams in your thoughts and wish for a good game with no serious injuries to either team.

Go Trojans!

Indianapolis Bishop Chatard, 9 State Championships:
1983, 1984 , 1997 , 1998 , 2001 , 2002 , 2003 , 2006 , 2007

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:15 AM 
Less oats more posts!
Less oats more posts!

So?....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:28 PM 

We got beat 27-24.

Injuries through the playoffs had a serious toll on our defense. 4 starters out for this game and in a fluke accident on a punt on the 4th play of the game, we lost a 5th starter who had his knee hyper-extended by getting hit while standing on the sidelines...

It was a good season overall, 13-2 with an OA of 35.2 and DA of 10.3. We will be back next year big time. we only lose 7 starting seniors.

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:41 PM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Daas
WoW: Vuloth
EQ2: Daas
Interesting that you've had your playoffs already. Do you not have rivalry games on Thanksgiving Day? Or is that a northeast sorta thing? We here in CT will start the playoffs next week and all the teams in the state play their rivals (more accurate in towns with multiple high schools, some of the "rivalries" are more media based than factual) on Thursday.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:08 AM 

This year we played our first 2 rivalry games in weeks 3 and 4. Roncalli and Cathedral. We won the Roncalli game and lost the Cathedral game 15-14. Roncalli is Southside Indy and Cathedral is literally on the same street as us 3/4 of a mile away.

You might know the Cathedral name, their team was the focus of 2 of the 30 sec spots during Sunday Night NFL games halftime show. It was the story of how the poor kids don't even have a home field... boo fucking hoo. Neither do we and we DON'T have a 750k turf practice field like they do. Those spots REALLY pissed a lot of people off. Especially when you consider we have 9 State Championships and they have 6 and they made it sound like it was a travesty how they had to ride a bus a total of 1 mile to the Public school field they lease for their home games...

_____

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:43 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
I'll take 'misleading thread titles' for $1000, Alex.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:54 AM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
ps: Sorry your kid's team lost. Sounds like they had a good season, however.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:48 AM 

Thanks, but no need to be sorry. We don't rebuild, we just re-load. The kids are upset, but I feel they probably needed to feel this in order to step up next year. When you are in 6 of the last 7 State Championships and win 5 the kids come to expect it. Unfortunately, when that is the case the 2s and 3s don't work as hard in the gym as they should and you get caught holding your dick late in the season when you begin to lose starters to injuries and the 2's aren't as strong and hard as the starters were. Same thing happened in '04 and '05. Lost in the Semi like this year in '04 Got beat in the State finals in '05. The next year the boys stepped up and went undefeated wire to wire.

_____

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:54 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
The Texas High School Football playoffs have been going on for a few weeks now and will go on for several more. Rivalry games are played in the season then cross district ones usually end up happening in the playoffs. There have been some impressive games so far (#2 in the nation Trinity v Flower Mound Marcus was intense; Southlake (defending three time state champion) vs anyone in the playoffs is always good)

Offline Profile