It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:54 AM

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:42 AM 
Oh yeah? How 'bout I kick your ass?

EQ1: Xkhan
WoW: Xkhan
For over 30 years, every Wednesday night I have watched 'Inside the NFL'.

Last night I get my shit all situated on the table next to my chair, Macallan OTR- Check, torn off head of a Tom Brady stuffed doll (that I throw at the TV whenever Collinsworth says something stupid, which is often), something to snack on, etc. You get the picture...

At 9:58 I go to the menu on my Comcast DVR and select the HD programs and the HD Guide comes up and I see 'Inside the NFL' and tab down to it and hit OK. The screen changes and then BAM! "You must be a subscriber to Showtime to receive this program."

I was dumbfounded, HBO brings out new crap series like "True Blood" and cancels ItNFL... WTF is up with THAT.

I called Comcast and canceled HBO and also sent them an email voicing my disappointment. No response from them of course...

_____
VEGETARIAN -Noun (vej-i-tair-ee-uhn): Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:22 PM 
Troller in Training
Troller in Training

Yeah, I used to watch it consistently too. I have to agree that there isn't much keeping me subscribed to HBO anymore.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:44 PM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
Yeah I got a free week of HBO and Cinemax last week. It did nothing more than reaffirm that not having them is a good thing. Yeah I wanna watch old ass movies from 1976, or see the same movie playing on 3 different channels 4 times a day....etc.

HBO used to be great when I was a kid. New movie every friday that you'd actually heard of and wanted to see. Now its the dollar bin at the video store.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:02 PM 
Cazic Thule owned RoA
Cazic Thule owned RoA

Cable company fucked up and disconnected our service with no reason, after a nice little call to corporate we're basically getting free premium channels for a year plus some more. Yay $40 off the bill each month for 12 months.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:05 PM 
Can dish it but can't take it!
Can dish it but can't take it!

EQ1: Derfael - current on Tunare
WoW: Ska - Oryx (Lightbringer)
Your rant is about 6 months late in coming. It was pretty well covered back when HBO annouced at the end of last season that they were not picking it up again. In fact it was basically Showtime stepping in at the 11th hour that even saved the show. So if you really didn't know until 2 minutes before it's old airing time, then you need to do a better effort keeping up on things. As rants go, I give this about a 1 star out of 5 star.

Offline Profile