Can dish it but can't take it!

EQ1: Derfael - current on Tunare
WoW: Ska - Oryx (Lightbringer)
So where will good ole Brett end up?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:41 PM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

I can think of a handful of teams that would benefit from a veteran for a significant portion of the season while developing a young quarterback. None of them are really playoff contenders though.

Really though, I just want him to stay retired. One of the things I admired about him was that he spent his career with a single team. I hate Green Bay, being a Lions fan, but I grew to really like Favre over the years. He's one of the greats in my mind, and went out on a great note. I'd be disappointed to see him throwing the ball for half a year in Miami or something like that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:55 PM 
Camping Orc 1
Camping Orc 1

Tampa Bay, Carolina, or Minnesota... with Minnesota being the longshot

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:22 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
If I had to bet on it, I'd say Carolina.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:41 AM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

the part where he asked for an unconditional release is funny, like the Packers are just going to give Brett Favre away for free

the ideal result would be a Favre for Taylor trade heh

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:20 AM 
Selling 50 Orc Belts!
Selling 50 Orc Belts!

I don't see that happening at all. Neither team benefits much from that trade. GB gets a 32 year old RB to split carries with Ryan Grant, who should outperform him by miles this year, and Jacksonville gets a gunslinger QB with no one to throw to, to hand off 35 times a game. What's the motivation for anybody?

I've heard a rumor that he's looking at San Fransisco. I don't know how much credence to give it, since that team is going to be a mess with or without him and I feel like he'd want to make a run at the playoffs if he's going to play at all, but it's one of the stories.

I agree with above posters. Carolina makes the most sense, if anywhere.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:21 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

It just doesn't make a lot of sense. He was on a team that was one win away from the superbowl...if he's jonesing for another Trophy, why move at all? I can't see him going to a team that is rebuilding or still a couple of years away. His best fit would likely be Baltimore, but that means going through Indy/NE to get back to the big game, any other team (with needs at QB) would be a crapshoot.

And as a Packers fan, the whole deal just makes me ill, it certainly tarnishes his legacy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:22 AM 
Trakanon is FFA!
Trakanon is FFA!

EQ1: Larreth/Shaylea
WoW: Gnomez Gomez
Rift: Veluria
EQ2: Vee'Sheer
That's so weird that I've not heard of this. Wisconsin is full of die hard rabid packer's fans. I'm amazed I've not heard anything about their beloved qb bailing on the packers after he supposedly retired for the 300th time.

Zinky, Lvl 60 Warlock
Thunderhorn, WoW

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:37 AM 
Master Baiter
Master Baiter

EQ1: Cicely
I am personally sick and tired of this story. He retires (albiet under pressure from management, and their inability to get him the big time receiver he wanted), the Packers begin a new era in their franchise and are moving forward... and now he wants to come back and make it out like nothing ever happened?

While I am not against players changing their mind, he has to understand the Packers' desire to move on after they were told he is no longer going to play. They need to develop Rodgers to see what he can do, and if that doesn't pan out this year they have Brohm. Sometimes, realistic plans of the future need to take precedence over love affairs of an individual player.

I side with management on this one. It is time to retire, Brett. You said it in March, you know your legacy is going to be tarnished if you go anywhere but Green Bay, and you know that the Packers are not just going to let you go because then they will be villified in the media and public eye. What is done is done, move on with your life. The Packers already have because of your comments.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:07 PM 
Sports Guru
Sports Guru

WoW: Peno
I don't think he'll end up anywhere, honestly. But I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers magically got hurt early in the season and they suddenly got Favre to come back.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:53 AM 
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!
Trolling like there is no tomorrow!

EQ1: Ghaani (retired)
WoW: Gabbath (retired)
Rift: Gabbath (retired)
SWOR: Gabbath/Gh'anni (retired)
I heard on the radio this am that in an upcoming article by Peter King Favre contacted the Packers in March after his retirement announcement stating that he wanted to un-retire. The whole management and coaching staff were happy about that news and were scheduling to take the Packer jet to Mississippi for an un-retirement presser. Then the day before that press conference was to happen Favre contacted the team and told them that he had talked it over with his wife and was going to stay retired.

Personally, he should stay retired. He has nothing left to prove and can only tarnish his image. If the King article is accurate then it looks like the Packers were open to him coming back yet Favre told them that he was done again. They had to move on. If he forces the issue, the Pack should trade him to Miami for Jason Taylor and let him know what playing for a bad team is really like. Could you imagine Favre playing under Parcells? One of them would explode.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:33 AM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

the timeline of Ted Thompson's dealings with Favre were in the Milwaukee paper on Saturday

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=771893

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:06 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

EQ1: Annastazia
WoW: Gravestone
JETS?!?!?!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:45 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Daas
WoW: Vuloth
EQ2: Daas
buahahahaha

The Jets have been the joke of the AFC East, now Brett becomes the punchline.

Love it.

Over/under on games until 10+ picks?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:10 PM 
Derakor the Vindicator
Derakor the Vindicator

so glad this is done, I never thought I'd say this but I can't believe what a total fucking dick Favre has been the last month

last year it took 12 games to get to 10 picks, how's that for a starting point?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:18 AM 
Loading,Please Wait...
Loading,Please Wait...

EQ1: Daas
WoW: Vuloth
EQ2: Daas
I'll predict five games in that he faces NE and SD in weeks 2 and 3.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:23 PM 
Bridge Dweller

I hope Brett Fah-ver will have a good time in NY, w/ the Jets.

I hate how that faggot molests his own last name.

ITS FAH-VER, NOT FARVE

Last edited by xskycrasherx on Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:24 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:46 PM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
xskycrasherx wrote:
I hope Brett Fah-ver will have a good time in Green Bay.

I hate how that faggot molests his own last name.

ITS FAH-VER, NOT FARVE

Good time in Green bay?

WTF dude smoke less crack.

PS It's pronounced however his family wants it pronounced.

Douchnozzle

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:24 PM 
Bridge Dweller

I was thinking about the team he just left. Hehe.

Any no, his name is not pronounced however his family wants it pronounced. If my last name is Smith I can't pronounce it "Shtim" just cuz I want to.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:51 PM 
For the old school!
For the old school!

EQ1: Syuni D'zpecyzczn
Actually, you can. It won't make you any less of an idiot, but you can do EXACTLY that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:56 PM 
Bridge Dweller

I guess you have a point.

Brett Fah-ver is still a faggot.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:23 PM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

Why the hate for a future hall of famer? Just because he has trouble deciding if he wants to play the next season?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:31 PM 
The Lurker at the Threshold

EQ1: Vanamar
WoW: Kallaystra
Rift: Tarathia
In a word? Yes.

He needs to make up his goddamned mind.

World of Warcraft: Kallaystra, Gweila, Steakumn, Tarathia [ Feathermoon/Horde ]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:53 AM 
Is She Hot?
Is She Hot?

EQ1: Qindyin
WoW: Tgurok
So you're dating this girl... right? She's friggin hot, love of your life, everything you want in your woman, someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. You're going through some rought times, things seem to be getting better but finally she gives you a very tearful call that she wants to break up. You're devastated but there is hope, she's done this before and it didn't last long.

She was crying really hard, like it was a hard decision, she'll come back. You give her space, but you make it known you want her back, she keeps saying it's over that you need to move on. Finally you decide the healthiest thing for you to do is move on, and find someone else. You start dating this new girl, and then out of the blue the love of your life calls again, this time to say she wants you back. You tell her that you've moved on, but she doesn't care. She then proceeds to go tell everyone you know that you're a backstabber, you never wanted her back and that you laughed at her when she cried.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:59 AM 
10 Years? God im old!
10 Years? God im old!

I live in Wisconsin... even the fans here are split 50/50 about this. I am curious why so much angst about one player not being indecisive and very emotional about what he does for a living.

Making analogies to dating just further proves the point. I understand how someone can be emotional about millions and millions of dollars, doing something you love, but that same thing forces him to spend time away from his family and wife who is a cancer survivor. THAT is something to get emotional about... so I guess I understand his behavior. I have more trouble understanding the angst about it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:32 AM 
Blackburrow Lover!
Blackburrow Lover!

If this was a one time situation, there would be less angst and no issues. But he's been playing this game at the end of the season for the last 5 years, always hinting at retiring, always getting the fans scared, always ending up coming back. The GB fans are passionate for our team and for him, which is why every year it was such an emotional (low on the RL scale for sure, but emotional none the less) trial every off season. Then when we finally think he's not even thinking about retiring, being one game from a shot at the Super Bowl, he comes out of nowhere to announce (coincidently? after the Packers did not aggressively persue R.Moss) he's gone for good. And much love and historic goodness and well being passed on to him after the announcement. And then a couple months later, he decides he wants to play again.

The fans are tired of being strung along, but its only because we did care about him so much.

To further Lou's analogy, its like you're engaged to the above girl, and every fall you set a wedding date for the next year, and every January she has second thoughts, until one year you are both feeling great, no roadblocks or hesitations, the caterers are booked, the flowers are cut, the invitations sent, the band is set...and then she tearfully admits to having an affair with R.Moss and is leaving you.

Offline Profile